The Mandalorian Chapter 17 Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last time on Everything Works Out for Space Dad...

He lost his ship,
Ao0VZkq.gif

and immediately got a cooler one.
cWcX0uZ.gif

He lost his melee weapon,
M2lBuv1.gif

and immediately got a better one.
ckzDG8W.gif

He lost his son,
b4Tgjci.gif

and immediately got him back.
d0QcGZH.gif

That's right folks. After over two years of waiting, it's time, IT'S TIME, IT'S MANDO SEASON 3 TIME!!!!!!!!!

Sq3rGLJ.gif

I have to work the graveyard shift 9:45 Tuesday night till Wednesday 5:45 in the morning but at least at 12 on my break I get to watch the S3 premiere and new episode of Bad Batch after on my laptop which will be awesome. Currently on episode 6 of Book of Boba Fett and I rewatched S1 and S2 of Mando so I’m getting ready. Freaking hyped!!!!!

I have to work the graveyard shift 9:45 Tuesday night till Wednesday 5:45 in the morning but at least at 12 on my break I get to watch the S3 premiere and new episode of Bad Batch after on my laptop which will be awesome. Currently on episode 6 of Book of Boba Fett and I rewatched S1 and S2 of Mando so I’m getting ready. Freaking hyped!!!!!
Nice, Slick! I hope you enjoy it. :up:

Before we start, a reflection on the timeline of this show:

...what?

d203ea2bc43bf4c1cce886df74b4437efbdb573d.gifv

None of it makes sense. How season 2 is structured, their is no time to be had between episodes. It's basically a straight shot from the start to the finale. And so what, Luke waited two years to start training Grogurt? Because that was clearly the "start" of his training.

This has crept up on me, would have rewatched the first 2 seasons again if I’d got myself organised. Anyway, can’t wait!

...what?
From a storytelling perspective, it still kinda works for me. There are plenty of episodes where time could've passed off-screen. In between episodes (and seasons) too.

The early Grogu training scenes are 'flashbacks' I guess. To be honest, it always felt like that. Unless Luke literally didn't start training Grogu until the day Mando arrived (and only during that day). A lot of time definitely passes between introducing the training remote and the next scene where Ahsoka turns up. Despite us only seeing those scenes after Mando arrives on the planet.

Time for them to start using on-screen title cards with the actual year though. In theory, Boba Fett spends months (years?) with the Tuskens. Felt like a week.

Last edited:
I think Jon’s comments in the video interview were misspoke a bit or are being misinterpreted. And of course lots of people going nuts now. I’m sure he or someone will clarify for sure soon enough exactly what the deal is.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to catch the premiere until tomorrow morning since I just don't think I'll be able to stay up like I use to, but man what a crazy wait it has been for this show.

That time pretty much flew by and hopefully it ends up being worth the wait.

I'm going to try to get to work a little early tomorrow to watch it first thing so in a way I'm kind of glad it's only 35 minutes.

I was debating watching it on my phone tomorrow morning at work since I’m up at like 4 am. But I might wait to get home and watch it on my big screen.

...what?

"Grogu was with Luke for two years before being reunited with Din Djarin"

Ok, he can say that, yet it certainly was not conveyed.
So two years training, I take it, he might have some surprising new well honed force abilities then.

Also I don't know when Disney conituity Luke suposedly started training Kylo, but Grogu likely sensed I better get the frog away from this evil mf, before he kills everyone.:cwink:

Last edited:
Favs reclassified tonight…

Luke snagged Grogu, trained for less than a year.

Mando got him back, and it’s almost been a year since then.

Favs reclassified tonight…

Luke snagged Grogu, trained for less than a year.

Mando got him back, and it’s almost been a year since then.
LOL, source? He said three things to Variety to clarify: as long as we experienced it in real time, more then one, sometime between 0-2 years. Time between Mando ending and that BOBF episode would be a year, a month, and a bit. :D

If it's like real-time, Grogu being back with Mando for just over a year makes sense though. We can also safely put the time jumps back after the season.

So, season 1 in 9ABY (2019) to season 3 in 13ABY (2023) then?

Last edited:
That opening... dem Mandos are dumb. :funny:

- Also, how they not know that big gator was there from the start? Not like it's tiny. Also, kid snatchers!

- Space Whales! :atp:

- Carl Weathers with the bad dye job.

- A statue! Finally, they're treating nurses how they deserve, after the pandemic.

- Spin me!!!! :atp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"