The Mandalorian Chapter 17 Spoiler Discussion

So good to be back in Mando-Land! Awesome opening too with the Mando ceremony, but any excuse for a huge crocodile-monster to sneak up on them lol.

So good to be back in Mando-Land! Awesome opening too with the Mando ceremony, but any excuse for a huge crocodile-monster to sneak up on them lol.
Thought it was a flashback until the N-1 showed up.

...that mando being initiated is Paz Vizsla's kid. Would align with the way the camera lingered on Paz and the whole ass-bump save move.

Loved the premiere and that opening was pretty badass and EPIC. I'm already loving how they are setting up the Mandalore stuff and I can't wait to see them dive more into that this season.

It's great seeing Carl Weathers and Katie Sackoff again as well.

Man, they really pulled a “I have to go now. My planet needs me.” with Cara Dune. :funny:

Really enjoyable premiere, but the writing and dialogue at times really felt like it was written by an AI generator inputted with a “The Mandalorian” script writing formula to get certain reactions from viewers.

Cinematography is a big step up from the first two seasons. ”The Volume” is still a little bit noticeable at times, but they utilized it much better here. They are using a lot more wide shots and everything feels a bit more expansive. Wonder if they built a bigger Volume set?. I also kinda get the sense that they might be using more actual sets, too?

Good set up for the rest of the season, though, and I’m looking forward to seeing where everything goes.

Love the way Gizmo/Grogu rises up slowly after Din lands the ship at the end of the beast fight. :funny:

Using force powers to get a sweet is the absolute best use of them.

Man, they really pulled a “I have to go now. My planet needs me.” with Cara Dune. :funny:

Really enjoyable premiere, but the writing and dialogue at times really felt like it was written by an AI generator inputted with a “The Mandalorian” script writing formula to get certain reactions from viewers.

Cinematography is a big step up from the first two seasons. ”The Volume” is still a little bit noticeable at times, but they utilized it much better here. They are using a lot more wide shots and everything feels a bit more expansive. Wonder if they built a bigger Volume set?. I also kinda get the sense that they might be using more actual sets, too?

Good set up for the rest of the season, though, and I’m looking forward to seeing where everything goes.
Haha, I can see what you mean on that front. This world/setting is so fun to be in that I can deal with that and enjoy even if I'd prefer the writing to floor me. Cinematography feels great with Ant Man having been the last film I saw lol. I don't know what they are doing behind the scenes but the locations felt legit to me.

...the show has always looked pretty good (never as hindered as Obi-Wan was), but this episode felt even prettier.

The space battle, the giant salamander fight, and the Mando Castle.

...the show has always looked pretty good (never as hindered as Obi-Wan was), but this episode felt even prettier.

The space battle, the giant salamander fight, and the Mando Castle.
The CGI looked good to me and the locations looked lived in. Certainly better than on some other films/shows I've watched recently.

Ever considered simply not having your ceremonies in gator country? :o

That opening... dem Mandos are dumb. :funny:

- Also, how they not know that big gator was there from the start? Not like it's tiny. Also, kid snatchers!
Unless...and hear me out...the gator wasn't supposed to be there. Din could have manufactured that whole thing, bringing the gator there himself before that ceremony and staging that whole rescue as a ploy to get reinstated in the clan. Why else would he show up at exactly the right moment to save them?

fry-futurama.gif

Unless...and hear me out...the gator wasn't supposed to be there. Din could have manufactured that whole thing, bringing the gator there himself before that ceremony and staging that whole rescue as a ploy to get reinstated in the clan. Why else would he show up at exactly the right moment to save them?

fry-futurama.gif
Does that thing not make any waves when moving? Stealth giant :cwink:

I want to believe your story is true though lol and gator agreed to help Din after being promised enough Mando-meat.

I want to believe your story is true though lol and gator agreed to help Din after being promised enough Mando-meat.
The gator as his vital organs spill out into the water:

1004786.gif

I also thought the intro was a flashback. The old clan grew quite a bit. I wonder if they make their way back to Nevarro. When Mando meets Karga again I thought it was odd he didn't say anything to Grogu. It kind of looked like they just added Grogu afterwards and forgot to shoot anything for it. I am thinking maybe Cobb Vanth takes over as marshal in Navarro.

Not sure why Mando needs the IG-11 yet, but he could've just taken the memory core and put it in any other body. I mean he is a robot.

Overall show still looks great, love the visual shots of planets and places. Great Wallpaper shots. Can't wait to see more of Mandalore this season. I hope to see some flashbacks of Mandalore in it's Prime then cut to the current fallout. The cities looked cool in Clone Wars. I hope they keep doing Mandalorian series, doesn't matter if we follow any one particular one. I just want to see more Mandalorian stuff. Maybe we find a new Mando who is force sensitive and becomes the darksaber wielder. With all these people no longer joining the Jedi, there must be someone out there that joins up with the Mandos now instead. Or we could follow the rebuilding of the planet and the rise of a new clan house.

What I'm really liking on rewatch is that this episode is much more colorful than we tend to see. It really goes heavy on the Flash Gordon vibe. The new look for Nevarro, Purrgil etc. Gorian Shard is the single most golden age Space opera villain in Star Wars. The ship and helmet design were just allowed to be weirder as well. Loved it.

What I'm really liking on rewatch is that this episode is much more colorful than we tend to see. It really goes heavy on the Flash Gordon vibe. The new look for Nevarro, Purrgil etc. Gorian Shard is the single most golden age Space opera villain in Star Wars. The ship and helmet design were just allowed to be weirder as well. Loved it.
I did notice and was amused that they’re suddenly making the Mando helmets more bright and colorful so they can pretend it’s always been that way in live-action, likely to prep their live-action viewers for certain other colorful mandos from animation to inevitably show up in due time. :hehe:

Special shoutout to the kid Mando helmets being hideous. They look the most fake helmets have ever looked on this show and that visor shape is not doing it. At least they grow out of them. :o

I didn't notice this initially, but Shirley Henderson who voiced Babu Frik actually did the Anzellan Crew.
Not surprised by that - those voices require similar talents lol. More great cute SW stuff. I loved the unnecessary translations too. :D

I wonder what the people who skipped Boba Fett will think of that opening. Grogu is just back with no explanation given... I'm surprised they didn't do anything with it, like they could've shown the events from Grugu's POV. (Or there's some recap I'm not aware of)

I wonder what the people who skipped Boba Fett will think of that opening. Grogu is just back with no explanation given... I'm surprised they didn't do anything with it, like they could've shown the events from Grugu's POV. (Or there's some recap I'm not aware of)

They literally put out a recap video on the Star Wars YT channel two weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"