The Mandalorian Chapter 17 Spoiler Discussion

The point isn't Star Wars nerds. They probably watched Boba or are at least aware of it. The point is the general audience, who isn't trawling through youtube for recap videos to explain why they resolved the season ending five minutes later in a spin-off show.

Why should we care about the general audience though? I think this show's viewership consists of overwhelmingly of Star Wars fans, not "general audience".

Why should we care about the general audience though? I think this show's viewership consists of overwhelmingly of Star Wars fans, not "general audience".
Most people are the general audience. This show is too popular for it just to be the kind of Star Wars fans who post on message boards about how that character over there is from a comic book.

You should never need to have watched anything else for all the important story beats of a film or show to work independently. But it being a big bonus to do so is what’s been fun about shared universes when they’ve worked well.

Star Wars is old now. Been around 45 years. There are fans who don't even use the internet, let alone social media. And it's not a small amount. It's the vast majority.

Fans are people who enjoy something. A little or a lot. Stuff like SW, Marvel, DC, LotR, etc. have so many fans, because a lot of normal folk who aren't nearly as extreme as some might expect others to be, enjoy them. It's why for all it's faults, Mando is super popular. Because for those fans, seeing Grogurt hang out with his papa is enough. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with pointing out that the show errored with where Grogurt returned and then decided not to really show it. I mean, we are about to get Order 66 from the 1000th perspective. Maybe we could of got a decent little reminder of that major plot point. Because when you finish Chapter 16, the next thing Disney+ cues up is Chapter 17.

Last edited:
I agree on that front, it may be a minority, but not everyone who watches Mandalorian watched Boba
At the least, they should've added those two episodes from BOBF as a prologue on The Mandalorian Page
Actually 3. Because the little guy didn't get home until the last chapter. The finale was 50% Mando. :hehe:

The point isn't Star Wars nerds. They probably watched Boba or are at least aware of it. The point is the general audience, who isn't trawling through youtube for recap videos to explain why they resolved the season ending five minutes later in a spin-off show.

Yup. My sister loves The Mandalorian, but she isn't a big Star Wars fan. I had to convince her to watch Boba Fett without telling her why. (And she really didn’t like Boba Fett :D) But I know she would've hated seeing that reunion in just a quick recap.

I did notice and was amused that they’re suddenly making the Mando helmets more bright and colorful so they can pretend it’s always been that way in live-action, likely to prep their live-action viewers for certain other colorful mandos from animation to inevitably show up in due time. :hehe:

Gotta sell more Lego sets.

I agree on that front, it may be a minority, but not everyone who watches Mandalorian watched Boba
At the least, they should've added those two episodes from BOBF as a prologue on The Mandalorian Page

Turns out Disney+ has a recap playlist that includes the three BOBF episodes.

I did notice and was amused that they’re suddenly making the Mando helmets more bright and colorful so they can pretend it’s always been that way in live-action, likely to prep their live-action viewers for certain other colorful mandos from animation to inevitably show up in due time. :hehe:

That or they recruited cosplayers again.

People were sent out the first two episodes before hand and I'm hearing a lot of praise for episode 2. Harloff said it's "fantastic".
Good to hear. After getting everything functionally reintroduced here I was hoping the subsequent episodes would get even better. The world is great to spend time in regardless, but hopefully we get some utter classic episodes to come.

I feel like we should've gotten a whole season of Din's "redemption on Mandalore" quest while Grogu was off training with Luke - we could still check in on them periodically (and briefly. The less robo-Luke the better) - then present Grogu with that choice between Din's gift and the lightsaber late in the season...maybe while paralleling Din having to make a similar life-changing choice regarding his creed or his principles, and leading us to an emotional reunion between the two at the end of the season. As long as they kept glimpses of Grogu being adorable with Luke, I don't think they would've lost viewers with that, and I think it would've been far more emotionally satisfying as the reunion would feel earned. But oh well.

Undoing the ending of Season 2 that quickly was a mistake, and I'm still unhappy with it. It not only undermined Book of Boba Fett, it undermined Season 3.

It undermined the whole show, frankly. And it’s 100% clear why. Grogu hit the American zeitgeist, and they wanted to cash in.

I’m pretty much done with Grogu, honestly. After the terribly handled return from Luke, he no longer serves any purpose except physical comedy.

Good premiere of The Mandalorian Season III: Mando Needs A Bath. I hope we see more of the space pirates and Captain Swamp Thing.

Carga's droid entourage is expanding. He needed a third droid trailing him and playing "Living in America".

They needed this droid:

upload_2023-3-5_21-21-54.jpeg

Let it soak in that that droid is from a sequel to a movie that won Best Picture.
I recently introduced my youngest son to all of the Rocky and Creed films. When we finished the second one and we’re starting the third, I made mention of the fourth “where Paulie get a robot.” His response was priceless. His eyes bugged out and he said “Wait! What????” And then asked me just how nuts the sequels get. So I told him that Paulie got a robot and Rocky ended the Cold War.

I recently introduced my youngest son to all of the Rocky and Creed films. When we finished the second one and we’re starting the third, I made mention of the fourth “where Paulie get a robot.” His response was priceless. His eyes bugged out and he said “Wait! What????” And then asked me just how nuts the sequels get. So I told him that Paulie got a robot and Rocky ended the Cold War.
Rocky IV certainly isn't the best Rocky movie, but it just might be my favorite.

People were sent out the first two episodes before hand and I'm hearing a lot of praise for episode 2. Harloff said it's "fantastic".

If the spoilers are correct...then we are in for a goooood time

Rocky IV certainly isn't the best Rocky movie, but it just might be my favorite.

DRAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"