The Mandalorian Chapter 24 Spoiler Discussion

Nope. But he clearly understands the characters and lore better here. He also has been working in TV for nearly two decades. He understands the medium. How to structure a season, an arc.
Yeah. Filoni has had issues with inserting his own fave characters at the detriment of the show they're guest-starring in (and not doing the background work to make them relevant - looking at you, Cad Bane) but he at least knows how to structure a narrative arc. This season was a hot mess in that regard.

I think we were also lacking some general - and whenever the Mandalorian factions were featured, I’d argue necessary - exploitation of the lore and background for soapy or operatic drama, for which Din would have been a great POV character even if they ultimately wanted to take him “back to basics” and not have him become Mandalore (which is still a cooler idea than Bo sort of “Karen”-ing her way there again, as much as I like her. :beaming:)

The entire approach to the Mandos as being righteous warriors with no real depth to their feud and seemingly no real diversity in their factions was very lame; the most likely history between the Children of the Watch and Nite Owls is bloodily slaughtering each other during the Siege of Mandalore as two separate factions from the village-burning, planet-betraying warmongers of Death Watch… and that the scavenger Mandos being curious about that likely points to them being either the ex-New Mandalorians the Death Watch prostituted itself to multiple Sith to overthrow, or previously uninvolved clan-members dragged into a civil war by them just the same.

And I’m not saying you have to have ex-Death Watch members like Bo Katan or the Armorer be antagonists or villains Din has to overcome while shocked at the truth of their origins… but I think Din learning their origins and being shocked should still have been a source of drama and storytelling this season, even if it just involved some tearful confessions by Bo or some mournful storytelling by the Armorer about why they’ve mellowed out and the regrets they now have.

Or maybe you just make Moff Gideon’s full name be Gideon Saxon, and his troopers the Imperial Super Commando Mandos (who they’re already nearly identical to) and have a disturbing reveal about how much they’re legitimate successors to Death Watch as well or something.

A big problem I have with the season is the simple fact that Din - and the live action audience with him - would fail a “history test” on the Mandalorians and their recent past when that stuff could easily have occupied a few more episodes or at minimum some scenes this very abbreviated, meandering season.

If Din Djarin was born and spent his childhood on Concordia, doesn't that mean his family lineage likely came from old Mandalorians?

I believe he was raised on Concordia by the Children of the Watch after he was adopted/kidnapped.

Concordia was where Pre Viszla revived Death Deatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"