The Mandalorian Chapter Ten Spoiler Discussion

I've got my fingers really crossed on tonight's episode. Given I'm not looking forward to episodes 4 and 5, it'd be a real downer if episodes 2-5 ended up being a bit of a wash for me personally.
They really are into proving the idea that Star Wars is SJW really wrong. After humanizing Tuskens in episode 1 we got last episode, and episode 4 and 5 will see the promotion of anti-trans *******s.

Okay, that is a joke, but realizing 4 and 5 will have Carano and Dawson kind of has me sad. Because they differently feel like big episodes with content I'll probably enjoy. But also there general presence makes me uneasy.

Yeah, I'm not a Peyton Reed hater or anything, but I have no urge to go back and rewatch Ant-Man or Ant-Man & The Wasp, while I did mildly enjoy them on their first viewing.

One thing I will celebrate Peyton Reed for, he co-wrote Back to the Future: The Ride for Universal Studios Parks.
That is by far the coolest thing I ever heard about Reed.

Yeah, I'm not a Peyton Reed hater or anything, but I have no urge to go back and rewatch Ant-Man or Ant-Man & The Wasp, while I did mildly enjoy them on their first viewing. They just felt like Uber Ride connection stops to where you really wanted to go.

One thing I will celebrate Peyton Reed for, he co-wrote Back to the Future: The Ride for Universal Studios Parks.
This is the first cool thing I've heard about Peyton Reed. A+.

They really are into proving the idea that Star Wars is SJW really wrong. After humanizing Tuskens in episode 1 we got last episode, and episode 4 and 5 will see the promotion of anti-trans *******s.

Okay, that is a joke, but realizing 4 and 5 will have Carano and Dawson kind of has me sad. Because they differently feel like big episodes with content I'll probably enjoy. But also there general presence makes me uneasy.
Slight correction: Dawson might be transphobic, I don't quite know, I just know she's currently being sued over assaulting a guy while denigrating him for being trans in a lawsuit not yet settled seemingly that's just going to be sitting in the back of my mind the whole time like "but did she do that though?"

But Gina Carano, on the other hand, is everything Pablo Hidalgo wants to say everyone mildly critical of an unfunny, narratively messy joke is. Off getting reposted by Trump Jr. for voter fraud posts.

I've got my fingers really crossed on tonight's episode. Given I'm not looking forward to episodes 4 and 5, it'd be a real downer if episodes 2-5 ended up being a bit of a wash for me personally.

Yeah, it’s why I’m all about Boba and whatever plot they’re doing with the Imperials this season. I can lock into that without any other considerations, get some unambiguous joy out it.

Most certainly. Which is why people make fun of him. This however, is not funny and if he ended up frozen in carbonite, I wouldn't be sad about it.

I wasn’t laughing actually. Pablo Hidalgo is a giant tool and I’m actually quite surprised Lucasfilm hasn’t come down on him

There are a number of fans who deserve to get crapped on but Pablo Hidalgo as a high ranking employee of Lucasfilm should not be getting in these petty squabbles over Twitter. Kathleen Kennedy gets criticized constantly but you don’t see her going on dumb Twitter rants.

I wasn’t laughing actually. Pablo Hidalgo is a giant tool and I’m actually quite surprised Lucasfilm hasn’t come down on him

There are a number of fans who deserve to get crapped on but Pablo Hidalgo as a high ranking employee of Lucasfilm should not be getting in these petty squabbles over Twitter. Kathleen Kennedy gets criticized constantly but you don’t see her going on dumb Twitter rants.
I laugh at Hidalgo attempting to be the #1 Star Wars geek, while constantly making himself look a fool.

This situation doesn't seem to have picked up traction, at least not yet. This thread is how I even found out about it. But as of right now, they still employ Carano and she's a blaring siren of utter garbage. So I guess we will see what happens.

Damn I seem to have missed a lot. IDK who Pablo Hidalgo is (I tried Googling his Twitter, it appears to be locked), or why @KRYPTON INC. seems obsessed with the word "swarthy."

Surely this isn't all still about a bad Baby Yoda gag?

Some screen shot. I mean, I laughed at Gizmo's antics. But I can understand why it didn't land with some people. But good way at outing yourself as an *******.

Damn I seem to have missed a lot. IDK who Pablo Hidalgo is (I tried Googling his Twitter, it appears to be locked), or why @KRYPTON INC. seems obsessed with the word "swarthy."

Click on what Sithborg posted.

Hidlalgo has a private Twitter and... Now we know why. :funny:

Also... Re: Swarthy...

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/abc-campaign-88/n9702

Line I've used for years.

"I come from little people... Little swarthy people."

(Mom is 5ft nothing and dad was barely 5'3".)

Yeah, that's pretty much what it's all about.

Pablo Hidalgo is a Lucasfilm Story Group executive as far as I know. He also writes a lot of Star Wars encyclopedias and visual dictionaries for the recent films.

With this kind of luck, I hope you check your front door randomly for Tyler Hoechlin.

I envy you. :o

Oh, but it is. Pablo Hidalgo, head of the Star Wars story group and man who makes me look like I have thick skin, flipped out over people criticizing the joke. He replied to one of his colleagues making the claim it indicated there weren't a whole lot of women in the room by screencapping credits of three producers, implied critics of the joke were some kind of right wing hate mob by attempting to lampoon criticism by making welfare queen jokes and calling Baby Yoda "swarthy gender-fluid child," said people were erasing women, and all around just acted like a gigantic child about it all while making a bigger deal out of it than it would be if he said nothing.

I envy you. :o

Oh, but it is. Pablo Hidalgo, head of the Star Wars story group and man who makes me look like I have thick skin, flipped out over people criticizing the joke. He replied to one of his colleagues making the claim it indicated there weren't a whole lot of women in the room by screencapping credits of three producers, implied critics of the joke were some kind of right wing hate mob by attempting to lampoon criticism by making welfare queen jokes and calling Baby Yoda "swarthy gender-fluid child," said people were erasing women, and all around just acted like a gigantic child about it all while making a bigger deal out of it than it would be if he said nothing.

Basically if you’re critical of Star Wars, you’re in fact worse than Trump and possibly in league with Mephistopheles himself.
K5RP0Qf.gif

You totally had to look up ammophobia. :funny:

I miss the day when the only thing that came to mind when I heard Hidalgo was this:

Hmm, didn't love this episode. I'm not into spider-like creatures so that is one thing lol, but also I want to start getting into the meat of this season's story soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"