The Mandalorian Chapter Ten Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter X: The Passenger
VsVSCxP.jpeg
- So this is pretty late, and I think that is because while I enjoyed the episode there isn't exactly much to it. I was half asleep when I watched it the first time and I watched it again, and eh. I have honestly been trying to come up exactly what to say about it. Maybe the payoff will be big in the next episode, but until this point it's the most "meh" episode of the series. Better then chapters 4 and 5 from last season, but that isn't exactly praise.

- Well first thing first, my favorite thing. X-wings! X-wings are awesome. Want to know how awesome X-wings are? They can even make Filoni look cool without a cowboy hat! My favorite part of episode was definitely the X-wing sequences. The not a dog fight was rather beautiful.

- This might have been the first episode were it really registered to me how much like the Firefly the Razor Crest looks.

- Mad Max style trap crossed with the jet pack trick is my kind of opening. Gizmo watching the results was so great. I like the ever living threat.

- Din is mastering the jetpack. He is learning to, "BE THE LEAF"! :hehe:

IpS9gIP.jpeg
- A TFA alien. Always a welcomed sight. :D

- I dug the reference to Galaxy's Edge Ronto Toasters, with the podracer engine being used to cook some meat. Very nice.

- Din making Han look smooth when talking to the authorities was pretty funny.

- While do I get irrationally excited when I see S foils set to attack position? :funny:

- This episode has a lot of Gizmo. I love Gizmo. Gizmo is in fact the best. The problem is there is one joke and it wore thin very quickly for me.. I liked the joke the first time, but after a certain point it starts feelin cruel, especially once they establish exactly why the woman is doing what she is doing. I hope Gizmo is secretly protecting the eggs, but if not, it's just not great imo.

ypMP6C5.jpeg
- The spiders from Rebels were fun. I like how they turned it into the sequence from Harry Potter. All wonderous, until it wasn't.

- I thought the sequence using the Moss droid to speak was well done, though kind of killed the comedy they episode seems determined to inject.

- The spiders turning the ship into the Haunted Mansion in 5 mins had me giggling for some really weird reason. I couldn't stop. :funny:

- I liked the ending. Whomever they got to play the new X-wing pilot was really good. The glimpses of the New Republic are interesting. How much they differ from both the Rebellion and the Empire.

- So yeah, a bit of a nothing episode, where I enjoyed Din and the X-wings. Hoping for more tonight. Until then, see you space cowboys.

0N8rfMj.jpeg

Last edited:
Shorter episode than last week. Be back after I watch!

Loved how Mando just launched that one dude into the sky when he took hold of his jet pack lol

Episode had a slow start but really picked up as it progressed.

Got major Aliens vibes during that whole scene in the ice caverns. I remember those spider looking creatures from the Jedi Fallen Order game. HATED those things!

And nice to see Filoni make a cameo again

The ending was a bit too convenient of a resolution to me.

I liked that ant creature at the Mos Eisley cantina.

The episode was a step down from opener. I was a bit bothered by The Child continually eating the Frog Lady's eggs.

Funny, I think the show is following more of a Video game like narrative for each episode, like levels in a game/ individual comic issues. So it doesn't really bother me, it's part of the structure. And like last year, there is really no filler here when it's all said & done. Just apparently some impatient eager people wanting more when we don't really need it, heard the same complaints about Clone Wars & Rebels.

I'm so exhausted from the Election that I couldn't place where I had seen those spiders before. I see they're from Rebels or Fallen Order but I also could have sworn that I saw them in a Star Wars art book as a concept design from one of the prequels.

I also enjoyed seeing one of those robotic aliens (the one that had The Child) that was first seen in The Force Awakens. One of the few new alien designs that I really liked from the sequels.

I too was bothered by The Child eating the eggs.

Baby Yoda constantly eating that poor Frog lady's eggs bothered the bad place out of me too, especially when they were the last of her species. If they had only did it once I wouldn't have minded it, but it stopped being cute or funny real quick. Other than that and the slow pacing in the beginning I did enjoy the episode overall, but it was a big step down from last weeks episode.

The opening scene was fun though, especially the bit with the jetpack and I loved the Aliens vibe that we got with those Spider creatures which were just horrifying. We are getting so much creature action this season so far and being a Kaiju lover myself I am eating all of it up.

I liked that Filoni had another cameo in this episode as well.

The episode was a step down from opener. I was a bit bothered by The Child continually eating the Frog Lady's eggs.
Yeah I didn't find it funny at all.
Baby Yoda constantly eating that poor Frog lady's eggs bothered the bad place out of me too, especially when they were the last of her species.
Why though?

The fact that the alien eggs were of a sentient species (within a fictional universe) aside, what was wrong about it?

Different show, but I don't remember people voicing their concern when Empress Georgou ate the ganglia of Saru's species in ST Discovery.

We all know that Gizmo is both curious and mischievous. The actions of the toddler fit perfectly well with his(?) character. I thought it was quite funny.

I'm so exhausted from the Election that I couldn't place where I had seen those spiders before. I see they're from Rebels or Fallen Order but I also could have sworn that I saw them in a Star Wars art book as a concept design from one of the prequels.

I also enjoyed seeing one of those robotic aliens (the one that had The Child) that was first seen in The Force Awakens. One of the few new alien designs that I really liked from the sequels.

Ralph drew those way back for the original...

I was going to say I thought the giant spider looked like it was in Fallen Order.

Not sure if anyone on here is a fan of Kim's Convenience, but Appa played one of the X-Wing pilots

Why though?

The fact that the alien eggs were of a sentient species (within a fictional universe) aside, what was wrong about it?

Different show, but I don't remember people voicing their concern when Empress Georgou ate the ganglia of Saru's species in ST Discovery.

We all know that Gizmo is both curious and mischievous. The actions of the toddler fit perfectly well with his(?) character. I thought it was quite funny.

She was eating the eggs of a sentient species that's been driven to endangerment and those are the last ones of her lifecycle. And they casually did it for cheap laughs without any real payoff or consequences to it.

Nothing but "Hahahah! He's like a little kid! He will put anything in his mouth and eats anything!"

Or "We established he likes frogs, so now he's eating frog eggs!"

Why though?

Such weird commentary from folks anymore...

Does anyone know what the species of that creature from the opening fight are called, which we also saw in The Force Awakens? That little dude bugging Rey while she was scrubbing her parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"