The Mandalorian Chapter 24 Spoiler Discussion

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, or not, but... I really think this obsession with lore and explaining everything is mostly just hurting my opinion on Star Wars. I feel like most people probably disagree with me, but I just.. I don't know... I remember when the Jedi were these mysterious warriors, and then suddenly they're bureaucratic space cops. I thought Mando was great when he was a cool looking bounty hunter, and the mandalorians were these weird cult-y people living underground.

I guess to me the mystery is just almost always better than the explanation behind something.

This episode re-affirmed two things for me that I was already pretty confident about:

1.) Rick Famuyiwa is EASILY the best director on this show.

and

2.) Even the best directing can't save s***ty writing.

This was not a good season of TV. At all. But these last two episodes were at least fun to watch, thanks entirely to Rick. The spotlight on Bo-Katan was the only highlight of the season for me, but even then, she was written very unevenly, almost like the guy writing her didn't really know who she was. I'm really hoping she makes an appearance in Ahsoka, as I have a feeling she'd fare better there. It's probably a good thing Favreau has set up a simpler premise for next season, because it seems like that kind of setup might be more in his wheelhouse than all the stuff he was attempting to do this season.

Fave random detail of the ep - Bo-Katan putting her little arm shield in front of Grogu to protect him from the blast before Grogu protected them all.
Snow mentioned that exact thing. Bo is truly the Momdalorian.

As for the rest, yeah, hard agree. Would love for Rick to get a chance to direct a flick. He's visual already blow me away on Disney+. Give him a real budget? Lawd.

And so not a single Pedro appearance, huh?

Guess he was very busy on TLOU this season

You'd think he'd at least take off the helmet when he's chilling on his own porch in the middle of nowhere

^you'd think...but... "this is the way"

also he wasn't there alone Grogu counts, too

Last edited:
Since they introduced the Shadow Council in here and Thrawn will obviously be the Big Bad for Ahsoka, I'm kinda hoping that show introduces a new villain from the Shadow Council that could be spun off back into this show, because I've finally accepted that the Armorer won't be the villain she should be, Favreau's obviously sticking with the Imperials as the bad guys, and I'm done with Gideon. I saw Xander Berkeley in there, and he was a great main villain on Nikita. Apparently his character was in the Thrawn books and I know nothing about him, so idk if the character is "Big Bad" material, but we just need someone new, imo.

It really is a shame they killed off Gorian Shard so quickly. That would have been a fun recurring villain. They did mention a Pirate Nation, so maybe it won't be just imperials.

Same with the Mandalorians. They were great when they had limited dialogue and screen time, but the moment they kept exploring their lore more this season with lame exposition, the dumber they look.

The problem there is, Favreau didn't want to do the dive into Mando lore. He wanted his Space Vikings, and did not want to acknowledge all the other lore that was there, including the stuff George himself put down. How many times did Bo-katan lament over what she had lost, the family that died? And who is the only family member she mentions? Her father. And honestly, its not just me craving a specific glup ****to. The New Mandalorians are a fascinating part of Mando lore, that if you are talking about uniting the people, really should be acknowledged.

But, Space Vikings. How much like a Fandalorian.

Everyone here praising Rick's direction and I am sitting here thinking "did we watch the same thing"?

Poorly shot and sped-up looking shots, Mando rolling left & right for the whole episode and uninspired Bo Katan & Gideon fight.

Gideon just burning in those flames felt very anti-climactic and Giancarlo' line delivery felt very forced and moustache twirling villain like. Gideon was more subdued and much less campier in S1 & S2.

Overall, a very weak season with very little happening. The ratings are reflecting that (half of the episodes float around 7's on IMDB and the weakest one (the Jack Black SNL reel as I would call it :funny: ) has a 6.3.

Oh well, at least we have Ahsoka to look forward to - which looks amazing from the trailer.

Last edited:
I was never really all that interested in the Mandalorian culture and the different sects, so I really wouldn’t miss it going forward.

I think that’s been a strange blessing in disguise for me with this season. I knew this is where we were headed (not in terms of quality drop, but the story focusing more on Mandalore itself) and I had lowered my expectations considerably well in advance.

But yeah, this was meh with occasional moments of fun. Bring on the 8 part movie of Ahsoka and Sabine vs Dark Jedi and the return of Thrawn.

I was never really all that interested in the Mandalorian culture and the different sects, so I really wouldn’t miss it going forward.

I think that’s been a strange blessing in disguise for me with this season. I knew this is where we were headed (not in terms of quality drop, but the story focusing more on Mandalore itself) and I had lowered my expectations considerably well in advance.

But yeah, this was meh with occasional moments of fun. Bring on the 8 part movie of Ahsoka and Sabine vs Dark Jedi and the return of Thrawn.
And Hera and Chopper! Don't forget Hera and 0-0-0's spiritual twin!

af1d0d6ad53a06435d07ee589304554b90689eea.gifv

6e66be48fdafb87f516d4c5a36d948245b892361.gifv

I'd prefer it. The absolute worst of this show's writing is all around the cult they've decided is no longer a cult.
Yeah. It's still so utterly insane to me that they spent two seasons on Din breaking free from the cult's dogma and built this massive emotional moment around him rejecting it to look on Grogu with his own eyes.... and then just trashed all of that.

And it feels so transparently just as an excuse to not have Pascal on set.

Yeah. It's still so utterly insane to me that they spent two seasons on Din breaking free from the cult's dogma and built this massive emotional moment around him rejecting it to look on Grogu with his own eyes.... and then just trashed all of that.

Exactly. It makes so much of the build of the last two seasons feel pointless. Dropping that they're a cult into season 2 felt like a great choice. It added an interesting angle to Din's character, gave the show a central conflict beyond just moving Grogurt around, and explained why the shows depiction of Mandalorian culture seemed disparate from the Mandalorians we've come to know over two shows.

And then they just decided "nah."

Last edited:

It was literally the most interesting part of Din's journey to me, and they just...dropped it. Baffling.

I hate how impractical it would be to get that Jedi shuttle as an X-wing miniature.

It was literally the most interesting part of Din's journey to me, and they just...dropped it. Baffling.

I'm very mixed about Season 3. It's weird.

Like they even said Din Djarin was born on Concordia. Concordia is where Death Watch came from. Death Watch were backed by Trade Federation. The Trade Federation destroyed Din's village, and he's rescued by Death Watch commandos. Something doesn't smell right there.

Here's my feeling on Season 3. I feel like they generally took the less interesting paths of least resistance. They kind of also avoided all those sources for conflict. Or rather we got a bit of it in Book of Boba Fett, but I feel that material is how we should've started Season 3. I don't think we needed all of that material tacked onto Book of Boba Fett. It hurt that show. Everything felt like it was resolved very easily.

And after all that, Din ends up handing Bo-Kotan the Darksaber back and everyone accepts it...again!

He literally could've done that in Season 2 finale and no one would've said jack. "I fought Moff Gideon, kicked his ass and took the Darksaber from him." And now the gadget is gone so like OK, it's not that frelling important.

Last edited:
I'm very mixed about Season 3. It's weird.

Like they even said Din Djarin was born on Concordia. Concordia is where Death Watch came from. Death Watch were backed by Trade Federation. The Trade Federation destroyed Din's village, and he's rescued by Death Watch commandos. Something doesn't smell right there.

Here's my feeling on Season 3. I feel like they generally took the less interesting paths of least resistance. They kind of also avoided all those sources for conflict. Or rather we got a bit of it in Book of Boba Fett, but I feel that material is how we should've started Season 3. I don't think we needed all of that material tacked onto Book of Boba Fett. It hurt that show. Everything felt like it was resolved very easily.

And after all that, Din ends up handing Bo-Kotan the Darksaber back and everyone accepts it...again!

He literally could've done that in Season 2 finale and no one would've said jack. "I fought Moff Gideon, kicked his ass and took the Darksaber from him." And now the gadget is gone so like OK, it's not that frelling important.

They were briefly aligned with Dooku. Dooku turned on them. There is a reason they eventually teamed up with Maul and Savage.

I do think Filoni was missed in season 3. There were some good moments here and it ended strong. But the rest of the season meandered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"