The Mandalorian Chapter 24 Spoiler Discussion

While this season hasn't matched the first two, I must admit I loved this finale. So many epic moments like the Mando's jet pack sparring with Imperial troops, lead by a Darksaber wielding Bo Katan. The Star Destroyer being crashed into the base. Din and Grogu Vs Praetorian guards and then if course Bo Vs Moff with help from Din and Grogu.

The imagery and direction were spot on, and we got bad ass Din back. I only part I didn't like was the Darksaber being crushed. But we got the re-igniting of the forge and another siting of the Mythosaur in exchange. I loved how it ended also with Din and Grogu going on adventures again. Yep, thoroughly enjoyed this finale.

While this season hasn't matched the first two, I must admit I loved this finale. So many epic moments like the Mando's jet pack sparring with Imperial troops, lead by a Darksaber wielding Bo Katan. The Star Destroyer being crashed into the base. Din and Grogu Vs Praetorian guards and then if course Bo Vs Moff with help from Din and Grogu.

The imagery and direction were spot on, and we got bad ass Din back. I only part I didn't like was the Darksaber being crushed. But we got the re-igniting of the forge and another siting of the Mythosaur in exchange. I loved how it ended also with Din and Grogu going on adventures again. Yep, thoroughly enjoyed this finale.
Yeah I don’t know my stuff on all this but was hoping the darksaber would be a more durable weapon and have plenty more to do with future SW plots (hopefully it somehow still will).

Otherwise tons of good action and cool set pieces this season involving multiple important characters. Just the structure and pacing weren’t really on point.

So maybe it's because I'm not an evil megalomaniac, but if I were older and wanted my clones to carry on my "greatness", I think I'd want to make them at least somewhat younger versions of me.
Some can be youthful fighters, but an evil overlord also needs identical-looking stand-ins for when people start shooting at him.

So maybe it's because I'm not an evil megalomaniac, but if I were older and wanted my clones to carry on my "greatness", I think I'd want to make them at least somewhat younger versions of me.
That's what I'm wondering too. The clones should have looked like Buggin' Out.

giphy.gif

I know they’ll probably backpedal and do a reveal where Gideon’s still alive but burnt up to **** inside his armour like a knockoff Vader or pull a clone switch ….but I really hope they don’t. After three seasons of getting foiled by the Mandalorians I think he’s past his expiration date.

I know they’ll probably backpedal and do a reveal where Gideon’s still alive but burnt up to **** inside his armour like a knockoff Vader or pull a clone switch ….but I really hope they don’t. After three seasons of getting foiled by the Mandalorians I think he’s past his expiration date.

Might as well make him Will Ferrell's character from the Austin Powers movies. Just hanging around in the background, screaming about being badly burned with wounds that smell like almonds.

I have to be honest. From the moment they mentioned the blue guy with the bloody eyes, Gideon has been an afterthought. And nothing about the writing or even the performance has changed that. He needs to be gone.

Did Mando lose HIS jet pack in that cave explosion?

Rewatching and there are so many good little moments…

Din reaching for the gun of the guy falling and missing

The clan guy sliding into a Guantlet ship

the way the Tie Interceptors dropped and then flew out of the hanger

Grogu reacting/looking (in far shots) when they’re making their way thru the halls

THE overhead POV shots either on the Mandos or on the Ties

Last edited:
Yeah it would be one thing if Giancarlo was really great and elevating the material, but I don’t think he is. I think he’s gotten progressively campier and less threatening as the show has gone on.
His line about cloning and isolating THE FORCE!!!! absolutely killed me. He had a cool intro in season 1. At this point, I never want to see this guy again. The writing undercuts him, his monologues are hammy instead of intimidating, and Esposito wavers between bored and pure camp.

The short runtime didn’t do the story a favor. EVERYTHING felt rushed and constructed.
Dins rescue
Bo Katans fight
the rescue
the crowning
the adoption
Din becoming Ranger of the Republic
….

This episode was good and tied things up nicely. But overall as a season I think it was definitely weaker of the Star Wars tv shows. I kind of feel even Bobba was a better tv show than this. I don’t think this series can come close to as the 1st and 2nd season of a Mando in terms of quality I hope the writers can come up with a more better story line for the 4th season.

This episode re-affirmed two things for me that I was already pretty confident about:

1.) Rick Famuyiwa is EASILY the best director on this show.

and

2.) Even the best directing can't save s***ty writing.

This was not a good season of TV. At all. But these last two episodes were at least fun to watch, thanks entirely to Rick. The spotlight on Bo-Katan was the only highlight of the season for me, but even then, she was written very unevenly, almost like the guy writing her didn't really know who she was. I'm really hoping she makes an appearance in Ahsoka, as I have a feeling she'd fare better there. It's probably a good thing Favreau has set up a simpler premise for next season, because it seems like that kind of setup might be more in his wheelhouse than all the stuff he was attempting to do this season.

Fave random detail of the ep - Bo-Katan putting her little arm shield in front of Grogu to protect him from the blast before Grogu protected them all.

Finally caught up just in time for the finale. There was some cool stuff going on, but it's hard to get past the writing for the season as a whole. Like, if I didn't know that it was pretty much Filoni and Favreau writing every episode, I'd assume it was 8 random people in isolated rooms given 24 hours to come up with a script w/zero coordination between them.

I'll have more thoughts later but for now, I sleep. :sleepy:

Yeah Gideon's time is up now for me. How many times can he escape death or trial? I really enjoyed the finale a lot but it needs to an end to the Gideon arc and give us a/some new villains next season.

Since they introduced the Shadow Council in here and Thrawn will obviously be the Big Bad for Ahsoka, I'm kinda hoping that show introduces a new villain from the Shadow Council that could be spun off back into this show, because I've finally accepted that the Armorer won't be the villain she should be, Favreau's obviously sticking with the Imperials as the bad guys, and I'm done with Gideon. I saw Xander Berkeley in there, and he was a great main villain on Nikita. Apparently his character was in the Thrawn books and I know nothing about him, so idk if the character is "Big Bad" material, but we just need someone new, imo.

Since they introduced the Shadow Council in here and Thrawn will obviously be the Big Bad for Ahsoka,
I'll be disappointed if we don't see Thrawn eventually, and in particular for the movie, but from the way the Shadow Council are impatient for Thrawn to show up, I won't be surprised if we get Flim's storyline first.

I don’t know ya’ll. I think Gideon is awesome and I hope he’s still around. I would be fine with offing him if we had gotten more of him throughout the show, especially this season. But I feel like they consistently shortchanged us on him, making him the “unseen threat” or whatever. Favs, this is Star Wars, not Lord of the Rings. We want to SEE the villains because they’re often the best parts of the story. I’m would have much rather gotten a couple episodes of Gideon scheming this season than watching Mando and Bo take a detour to Epcot Center or rescue Paz Visla’s little brat from a kaiju. This season felt like it had such a lack of focus and more Gideon could have fixed that. The last two episodes were much better than the rest of the season.

Yeah it would be one thing if Giancarlo was really great and elevating the material, but I don’t think he is. I think he’s gotten progressively campier and less threatening as the show has gone on.

Same with the Mandalorians. They were great when they had limited dialogue and screen time, but the moment they kept exploring their lore more this season with lame exposition, the dumber they look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"