Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't,because you guys don't like how he was portrayed, it does not mean others did not .In fact I'm sure some Thor fans don't mind his portrayal

If they did, I wouldnt really consider them to be Thor fans to be honest; I mean, what fan would realistically say 'I love it when a favourite character of mine get's his ass kicked'?

The simple fact is that a number of us on this board, who are Thor fans, have posted that we dont like the way Thor got his ass handed to him in 'Hulk vs...........'; so while you're 'sure' that some Thor fans didnt mind it - I'm also 'sure' that there are quite a few that didnt.

Then it follows that the writers should make an attempt to read the comics, if only to guage how the fans expect things to pan out.

No they don't,because you guys don't like how he was portrayed, it does not mean others did not .In fact I'm sure some Thor fans don't mind his portrayal
Well I wish I had an aticle they were in but the guys didn't know a heck of alot about how to portray Thor in Hulk vs. I liked the over all idea and the look of Asgard.
I picked up the Planet Hulk DVD yesterday and didn't like Beta Ray Bill getting added to Thor's original fight of the Saturn men even tho it was for the story in the movie. (actually surprised Thor was IN Planet Hulk, thought it was just BRB) Loved both being added tho! MAN it was cool seeing them both in action together.

Basically JQ hinted recently the Hulk fans aren't going to like what's going to happen to Hulk in the Future like we Thor fans aren't really liking Thor getting owned every time he turns around.

All and all I have patients, Thor's day will come.

I'm a Hulk fan and even I didn't like how comprehensively Thor was beaten in that movie.

I do understand why they played it out like that though. The Hulk that Thor faced was not the Normal Hulk but a "Banner-less" Hulk which means Banner was not inside of him to restrain him so Thor was facing the Full unedited, uncut version raw power of the Hulk so maybe that is why they choose to display Hulk to be sooo powerful.

But as much as my own personal bias would love to see Hulk win the fight, I still feel Thor was done an injustice and should have been displayed more formidable than he was. The Hulk vs Wolverine Movie was much better because it did both characters justice. And the way it ended was perfect because it left it open.

I'm sure some don't, but speaking for myself, they've mangled Thor and some of his supporting cast up so much at this point that I've decided not to buy their upcoming Tales of Asgard DVD. I'll watch it through Netflix, but I'm not expecting much. So, you know, it's a double-edged sword; they may be making some new fans with their wonky portrayals of Thor in their movies, but they're also losing some of Thor's longtime fans like myself. Granted, the former probably outweighs the latter, so from a financial standpoint they're doing just fine.

I'm sure some don't, but speaking for myself, they've mangled Thor and some of his supporting cast up so much at this point that I've decided not to buy their upcoming Tales of Asgard DVD. I'll watch it through Netflix, but I'm not expecting much. So, you know, it's a double-edged sword; they may be making some new fans with their wonky portrayals of Thor in their movies, but they're also losing some of Thor's longtime fans like myself. Granted, the former probably outweighs the latter, so from a financial standpoint they're doing just fine.
The Tales of Asgard trailers and opening scenes was another reason I picked up Planet Hulk. Can't wait for it.

well i dont really care for those guys myself, and i havent really seen most of the marvel animated movies from the past few yrs. i was just saying its nice when they have the right people behind these things who understand all the little details of characters. so the characters are shown in the correct fashion.

heh if you listen to the commentary they just couldn't stop mentioning hwo great Amora looked in Hulk vs Thor. lol

I guess he'll have a beard for the entire movie. And it suits him fine.

I'll be happy to see him with a beard for the entire movie, but I guess it's possible that he just recently grew it for the Earth scenes in New Mexico. Either way, maybe it'll get Marvel to give him back his King Thor beard in the comics. I've missed it.

No wonder no-ones been able to get a recent pic of Chris - he's been hiding his face with hair.

:D

I'm actually surprised that they let Chris Hemworth leave the set. :o

Man I wish they release a pic or something.What outlet do you guys think the first pic will show up in? Entertainment Weekly or maybe USA Today?

Any official articles would probably come through USA Today first, I think. They seem to have a good relationship with Marvel. They covered Captain America's death like it was actually a newsworthy story, after all. ;)

I can never get Splashpage videos to work. It's so annoying. Well at least they transcribed it.

Since filming is already 3/4 finished, it seems that they're just going to wait until filming is complete and the editing process is started.

Perhaps a teaser with Iron Man 2...

As for the first picture, most likely in Entertainment Weekly for a summer blockbuster issue or (preferably) online with a site like SHH in super high quality.
If they do a surprise-release of a teaser or even a full trailer (unlikely, but who knows?) with Iron Man 2, I'm afraid I may geek out uncontrollably and publicly humiliate myself.

If they do a surprise-release of a teaser or even a full trailer (unlikely, but who knows?) with Iron Man 2, I'm afraid I may geek out uncontrollably and publicly humiliate myself.
heh "plotzing" has it's drawbacks.

I've been saying the Thor teaser in front of Iron Man 2 for some time now. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back