Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Double Down, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

If the wig is the same color as his beard and eyebrows, it'll look pretty good. Ever since I figured out they'd have to slap a wig on Hemsworth, I've been worried that it'd look really bleached-blonde and fake. But the dye on his beard and eyebrows is just a little bit lighter than his natural color, so it should look good.

2. echostation Registered

such short shooting time for a movie on the scale of THOR?? makes no sense unless it's incredibly well planned but I was thinking that this would be a huge scale epic long shooting like 7-8 months like a few other massive epic films in the past. Didn't LOTR take several months to shoot per film?

3. Silvermoth Avenger

Meh. Iron man shot for one month only and that worked out fine. I would say Thor is very well planned since they had like a year or two in pre production.

4. bunk superhero fan

I wouldn't bother trying to compare any productions to that of LotR. Rings was a pretty atypical situation.

5. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

6. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I thought all the LOTR movies the were shot back to back to save on production costs?

7. marcvader Lurker #1

You are correct sir.

8. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Cheers MV, I thought that was the case.

So a 7 month shooting period does seem right, in that they were shooting 3 movies.

9. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

LotR was filmed over an initial 15 months (Oct 99 to Dec 00) with up to 7 different units filming at one time and pick-ups every now and then between 01 and 04. The entire project took like 8 years.

If Thor is filming for 3.5 to 4 months then I would think that's a fair bit longer than average, not short by any means.

10. Project862006 Registered

11. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm pretty happy with Evans as Cap. Not my first choice, but I've been impressed with Evans' range over the years, so I think he can pull off Cap.

12. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea every film is different some could be shot in a few days or weeks. While others are like 2-5 months. But another thing we have to remember there is many parts in shooting a film. first unit, second unit. Then post production, and then during post they might go back months later and need to reshoot soemthing. That is why films usually take a yr/yr and a half for full production to release.

13. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea every film is different some could be shot in a few days or weeks. While others are like 2-5 months. But another thing we have to remember there is many parts in shooting a film. first unit, second unit. Then post production, and then during post they might go back months later and need to reshoot soemthing. That is why films usually take a yr/yr and a half for full production to release.

14. WillardNation Nibiru Warrior

15. Wolfman Registered

Hmm, sound good exept for the "chain mail arms". Why not go bare?

16. Ace of Knaves Registered

Coz Coipel's design is teh mutts nuts, the bee's knees, the dogs bollox, the, errr... fruits boots.

17. SWAT Pool of the Death

Fruit boots? Sounds yummy. Dogs bollox... Not so much.

18. Ace of Knaves Registered

:D A little dash of apple sauce and you'll be in heaven, believe that!

19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

20. Figs Registered

I'm still very happy that Ray Stevenson got another role in a comic film...one that hopefully is an actual serious one too. He rocked as The Punisher but the movie itself had way too many flaws.

I don't know the personality of the character he's playing in Thor but can't wait to see how he performs.

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Uh... "serious" is not a word I'd use to describe Volstagg. He's a comic relief character. Important to Thor, though; one of his best friends and something of a mentor.

22. Figs Registered

When I said serious I was talking about the overall movie since Stevenson's last comic film he was in was incredibly cheesy and silly.

That's fine he is going to be the comic relief(will actually be a different role for him from his films that i've seen)but I was just referring to the overall story.

23. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

24. ImWithTeamConan Avenger of Comedy

Glad he's doing any interviews at all. For a while it was all code of silence.

25. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea we will probably see thor's arms at different points in the film. Heck maybe he will have a few different looks across the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.