Chris Hemsworth is Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he has a beard, and it's an attractive beard. The fact that they died his eyebrows and his bread makes me LOL, but it's just perfect. I want to see that wig.
If the wig is the same color as his beard and eyebrows, it'll look pretty good. Ever since I figured out they'd have to slap a wig on Hemsworth, I've been worried that it'd look really bleached-blonde and fake. But the dye on his beard and eyebrows is just a little bit lighter than his natural color, so it should look good.

such short shooting time for a movie on the scale of THOR?? makes no sense unless it's incredibly well planned but I was thinking that this would be a huge scale epic long shooting like 7-8 months like a few other massive epic films in the past. Didn't LOTR take several months to shoot per film?

such short shooting time for a movie on the scale of THOR?? makes no sense unless it's incredibly well planned but I was thinking that this would be a huge scale epic long shooting like 7-8 months like a few other massive epic films in the past. Didn't LOTR take several months to shoot per film?

Meh. Iron man shot for one month only and that worked out fine. I would say Thor is very well planned since they had like a year or two in pre production.

I wouldn't bother trying to compare any productions to that of LotR. Rings was a pretty atypical situation.

I thought all the LOTR movies the were shot back to back to save on production costs?

Cheers MV, I thought that was the case.

So a 7 month shooting period does seem right, in that they were shooting 3 movies.

LotR was filmed over an initial 15 months (Oct 99 to Dec 00) with up to 7 different units filming at one time and pick-ups every now and then between 01 and 04. The entire project took like 8 years.

If Thor is filming for 3.5 to 4 months then I would think that's a fair bit longer than average, not short by any means.

I'm pretty happy with Evans as Cap. Not my first choice, but I've been impressed with Evans' range over the years, so I think he can pull off Cap.

yea every film is different some could be shot in a few days or weeks. While others are like 2-5 months. But another thing we have to remember there is many parts in shooting a film. first unit, second unit. Then post production, and then during post they might go back months later and need to reshoot soemthing. That is why films usually take a yr/yr and a half for full production to release.

yea every film is different some could be shot in a few days or weeks. While others are like 2-5 months. But another thing we have to remember there is many parts in shooting a film. first unit, second unit. Then post production, and then during post they might go back months later and need to reshoot soemthing. That is why films usually take a yr/yr and a half for full production to release.

Everyone looks absolutely perfect, right down tot he color scheme. ANd its straight up medieval future tech looking. And yes Loki has black straight hair even know Hiddleston is blonde and curly. THor is balls accurate though complete with cape, chain mail arms, the circles going down the front of the torso, and winged helmet. I’ve seen the costumes, and they did absolutely [frick]ing nail it. Very Walt Simonson. And I think my reputation as someone very critical of most comic book films procedes me here so I’m not just some excited fanboy. The only thing that is funny about Loki’s costume is that while its gold and has the big horns sticking out, the helmet part of it, meaning the part that actually touches his head, kind of looks like a bicycle helmet, I think more so that it would, practically speaking, stay comfortable on the actor and not move around due to the horns. The warriors three are also the same kind of medieval future tech look, a little less traditional than the comic but still very very awesome and the look of each of the actors themselves is [frick]ing dead on. Ray Stevenson looks especially cool in a chubby suit. Trust me, I think everyone here is going to be very very pleased as Branaugh just more or less adapted the comic. I was surprised at how well the looks work when translated into reality.

Hmm, sound good exept for the "chain mail arms". Why not go bare?

Coz Coipel's design is teh mutts nuts, the bee's knees, the dogs bollox, the, errr... fruits boots.

Fruit boots? Sounds yummy. Dogs bollox... Not so much.

I'm still very happy that Ray Stevenson got another role in a comic film...one that hopefully is an actual serious one too. He rocked as The Punisher but the movie itself had way too many flaws.

I don't know the personality of the character he's playing in Thor but can't wait to see how he performs.

Uh... "serious" is not a word I'd use to describe Volstagg. He's a comic relief character. Important to Thor, though; one of his best friends and something of a mentor.

Uh... "serious" is not a word I'd use to describe Volstagg. He's a comic relief character. Important to Thor, though; one of his best friends and something of a mentor.

When I said serious I was talking about the overall movie since Stevenson's last comic film he was in was incredibly cheesy and silly.

That's fine he is going to be the comic relief(will actually be a different role for him from his films that i've seen)but I was just referring to the overall story.

Glad he's doing any interviews at all. For a while it was all code of silence.

yea we will probably see thor's arms at different points in the film. Heck maybe he will have a few different looks across the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"