Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
War-Machine and Iron Man team up together at the end.

People are "splitting hairs" on trying not to claim Rhodey isn't a protagonist when his role in the story was to help out and knock some sense into Tony.

He's also a sidekick for Iron Man. This is like saying Batman Forever is a teamup movie.

Zack "Copy+Paste" Snyder

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso1_500.gif

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso2_500.gif

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso5_r1_500.gif

Really? WW in BvS does not kick and punch DD, she uses her sword, shield and bracelets. She does not jump over DD. She does not tie her lasso around DD's neck. She does not use the lasso for one on one combat purposes, she holds DD so teammates can do something to him. There's not any shot where she stops her roll through debris with her boots.

So what are you trying to suggest here? Yea, CBM fights have resemblances and more so when there are the same characters fighting but BvS fight is far from being a "copy+paste" of this fight. And most importantly, DD does not have a pants in BvS.

Asian sidekicks will be the new normal :o

IM2 being a team up movie on par with BvS is laughable. I don't even understand the point of the argument.

IM2 being a team up movie on par with BvS is laughable. I don't even understand the point of the argument.
Something about Iron Man being Batman and War-Machine being Superman. :cwink:

Certainly the point I was making. You guys made the "team-up" thing so vague. I actually just wanted to make IM2 parallels.

Well, duh. BvS, AVP, FvsJ.
I'm not much on the "more time" thing.
MoS => IM
BvS => IM2/CA:CW
SS => GOTG
WW => Thor/TFA
JL => TA

You (much like the Guard) blatantly skipped past this:

Iron Man 2 is about Tony Stark, he is the driving force and the focal point of the story.

This is where your point falls apart. Guest appearances by C-list characters who aren't going to get their own film any time soon in the main heroes story does not turn the movie into a "team-up film", particularly when said film is billed as a solo outing and not an ensemble film juggling several iconic, highly marketable characters. Again, this really seems self-evident to most people save for the contrarians and hair-splitters.

Last edited:
This is where your point falls apart. Again, this really seems self-evident to most people.
Not my point.
I was blatantly arguing the semantics of other people's points.

Would you like to enter the BvS matrix of either IM2 or Civil War parallels? :yay:

Not my point.
I was blatantly arguing the semantics of other people's points.

And "other people's points" are incorrect, as I've continually demonstrated.

Would you like to enter the BvS matrix of either IM2 or Civil War parallels? :yay:

Draw all the parallels you'd like, doesn't make IM2 a team-up film.

blue pill it is, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know you think you're clever, but you're blatantly dancing around the well-formed argument I've brought you. Iron Man 2 ain't a team-up film, and pretty much everyone disagrees with you. "Blue pill" indeed.

IM2 isn't a team-up film, but BvS doesn't feel like a team-up film either. Yes, there's 10 minutes of team work, but it's more like a tease. It's far from a proper team-up film like TA.

I know you think you're clever, but you're blatantly dancing around the well-formed argument I've brought you. Iron Man 2 ain't a team-up film, and pretty much everyone disagrees with you. "Blue pill" indeed.
Do you want me to argue your "well-formed argument"?

Welp, OutofBoose just said it.

There are a lot of black sidekicks in the MCU.

It probably comes from the comics. In the sixties, seventies and eighties lots of superheroes got black friends as writers tried to be progressive and add some diversity to books.

The Avengers is a story about multiple characters who team up.

BvS is a story about multiple characters who team up.

These are both team-up movies.

Iron Man 2 is a story about Iron Man. C-list supporting characters making guest appearances does not turn this into a team up film, unless said film was "Iron Man and War Machine" and both characters received comparable screen time and drove the story.

The Avengers is a story about multiple characters who team up.

BvS is a story about multiple characters who team up.

These are both team-up movies.

Iron Man 2 is a story about Iron Man. C-list supporting characters making guest appearances does not turn this into a team up film, unless said film was "Iron Man and War Machine" and both characters received comparable screen time and drove the story.

Batman and Superman are co-leads who both have their names in the title of the film. Even if they didn't team up in the last act (which they did), it is still a multiple hero crossover film. That was the entire selling point of the film. Come see DC's biggest heroes together in the same film for the first time. Like The Avengers. Not like Iron Man 2.

It probably comes from the comics. In the sixties, seventies and eighties lots of superheroes got black friends as writers tried to be progressive and add some diversity to books.

That is exactly the reason. That's when the bulk of Marvel's most popular heroes were created. Just like DC's top characters have all white supporting casts, because they were largely created in the 30s and 40s.

Batman and Superman are co-leads who both have their names in the title of the film. Even if they didn't team up in the last act (which they did), it is still a multiple hero crossover film. That was the entire selling point of the film. Come see DC's biggest heroes together in the same film for the first time. Like The Avengers. Not like Iron Man 2.

This about sums it up. The nitpickers and contrarians can debate the definition of "team-up film" all day (I stand by my assessment 100%), but this is a very concise way to summarize the (extremely obvious) matter.

Last edited:
Random thought and no disrespect to Ezra Miller, but Glenn Powell would've been a great Barry Allen

This about sums it up. The nitpickers and contrarians can debate the definition of "team-up film" all day (I stand by my assessment 100%), but this is a very concise way to summarize the (extremely obvious) matter.
But if we can prove that IM2 is a team up, that's one less critique that can be made about BvS/DCEU.

Whoa, they're not standing around in a straight line inside a concrete grey room anymore. :o

IKR? This is the first JL promo pic that I like. Only the glowing ***** on cyborg looks kinda strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"