Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate it, but it's not doing anything for me. ]

I like the pic, still not a fan of how Cyborg looks.

Aquaman looks cool. Cyborg looks really bad to me. I really hate his look.

Eh, I'm honestly most disappointed with Aquaman. Hopefully they'll ditch/heavily modify the suit before his solo movie, as it's the only DC/WB movie on the horizon other than Wonder Woman I find myself interested in. Cyborg looks bad, but I could care less about the character.

Last edited:
Actually this is the best pic we have gotten. WW looks cool and actually the best I've seen Aquaman. Cyborg is still really really really bad.
I said the same earlier in this thread. It's the first JL promo pic that I like.

Is this a still a shot from the movie? The Superbowl trailer perhaps?

New JL pic dropped:

axv5YKB.jpg

Cyborg looks awful. Lawd....

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

He looks like a cross between Megatron, Ultron and Shockwave.

Nice to see some sunlight way back there in the background.

The biggest problem I have with Cyborg is how thin he looks. I always thought he should be bigger.

I hope that's just a promotional still and they'll be working on the CGI, because Cyborg looks like a poorly rendered video game character.

Good render can't make a poorly-designed character/costume look good.

Cyborg looks awful. Lawd....

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

He looks like a cross between Megatron, Ultron and Shockwave.
Yeah he does look like a Bayformer. One of my biggest complaints of those films is the look of the robots. Still, I don't hate the photo, but it doesn't get me excited for the film either.

Cyborg's torso is too messy but I like his robotic arms and legs. They border on creepy.

Aquaman's costume is fine to me but I wish his hair were blonder, or at least bronder.

Expect this film to look far worse than the last two films in terms of CGI. Snyder got lucky that both MOS and BvS got delayed by a year. No such luck this time.

Cyborg does looks pretty awful there. Could just be a low quality render but the overall design is just distracting. I also note they haven't bothered to do anything with the colour scheme. Dreary grey again.

The biggest problem I'm having with this new still (yes even beyond the overly complicated and busy designs) is everything just mushes together because the color scheme is so bland. The characters are blending into the background so much that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if/when we see this scene in motion it will be hard to separate which parts of the screen are the characters and which part is the backgrounds. Sure the red and blue of cyborgs kind of help but it's a drop in the ocean compared to all the brown/grey of literally the rest of the frame. If you told me this was actually a screenshot of some awful first person shooter that came out around 2008 or something I might actually believe you.

I wish Aquaman's armor were shinier. He blends into the background too much. Give him some gold or silver... something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"