Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the problem here that Angel had to be born before the events of DoFP to be the age he is in Apocalypse?
yup, that too.
of course, ripple effects might have changed/affected the past of DOFP too, but then we're deep into headache territory, even deeper than before.

Nope. Always astounded by how far back you've seen.

The perks of being old.

The Italians were great at making all types of genre movies in the 60's. If I remember right, there were 3 movies with the name SUPERARGO in the title (but only 2 of them were about the same character....a red suit with black face mask wearing superstrengthed crime fighter who moonlights as a wrestler....the other one is an English superpowered costume wearing crimefighter who loses his powers for several hours after he has sex, so bad guys send girls his way to weaken him).....the Italians also made several movies about THE THREE SUPERMEN...and some others that I can't recall at the moment.

The perks of being old.

The Italians were great at making all types of genre movies in the 60's. If I remember right, there were 3 movies with the name SUPERARGO in the title (but only 2 of them were about the same character....a red suit with black face mask wearing superstrengthed crime fighter who moonlights as a wrestler....the other one is an English superpowered costume wearing crimefighter who loses his powers for several hours after he has sex, so bad guys send girls his way to weaken him).....the Italians also made several movies about THE THREE SUPERMEN...and some others that I can't recall at the moment.
There was also Cara de Oro, il Fantástico Superman (Goldface, the Fantastic Superman) ca. 1967 which is a genre classic. In the last few years Italy produced movies like Lo chiamavano Jeeg Robot (2015), which is a mixture between a traditional superhero movie and Japanese animes

I wouldn't even bother to try and understand or explain the X-Men cinematic universe. When you have characters like Jubilee and Angel showing up whenever and at different ages. Realy, don't bother.

There are plenty of examples of stuff like that, but the three that stand out to me the most are:

1. Havoc being introduced as a young man in First Class and then showing up 20 years later in Apocalypse as...a young man.

2. Moira MacTaggert being an American CIA agent in the 60s and 80s, and being a Scottish doctor in the present (and looks remarkably good for someone in her late 60s).

3. Bolivar Trask being a white dwarf in the 70s and a hefty black man in the present.

There was also Cara de Oro, il Fantástico Superman (Goldface, the Fantastic Superman) ca. 1967 which is a genre classic. In the last few years Italy produced movies like Lo chiamavano Jeeg Robot (2015), which is a mixture between a traditional superhero movie and Japanese animes
Yeah, I've been slowly collecting the foreign superhero movies....I have the Superargo films and a couple of others (they're boxed away, I need to dig them out again)....but they aren't real easy to get a hold of.

Yeah, I've been slowly collecting the foreign superhero movies....I have the Superargo films and a couple of others (they're boxed away, I need to dig them out again)....but they aren't real easy to get a hold of.
hmmm, I still have a couple of them on VHS. I don't have a VHS player anymore, though

No idea....is that a book, movie, or show? Here is the IMDB page for THE THREE FANTASTIC SUPERMEN - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061646/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Yeah, I just saw a trailer and some images and thought their attire looked vaguely familiar.
Superior-5.cbr-Page-20-660x620.jpg

There are plenty of examples of stuff like that, but the three that stand out to me the most are:

1. Havoc being introduced as a young man in First Class and then showing up 20 years later in Apocalypse as...a young man.

2. Moira MacTaggert being an American CIA agent in the 60s and 80s, and being a Scottish doctor in the present (and looks remarkably good for someone in her late 60s).

3. Bolivar Trask being a white dwarf in the 70s and a hefty black man in the present.

To be fair Trask is never called "Bolivar" in X3. You could argue that Trask in X3 is a relative of the former Trask or they both just share the same surname. It's not that hard to believe.

To be fair Trask is never called "Bolivar" in X3. You could argue that Trask in X3 is a relative of the former Trask or they both just share the same surname. It's not that hard to believe.
And Havoc not ageing might be a side effect of his mutation, just like with Wolverine. Sure, it's not faithful to 616-lore, but not a lot of stuff in the X-Men movies is. So, it's totally possible and defendable

Isn't the problem here that Angel had to be born before the events of DoFP to be the age he is in Apocalypse?

Once I was introduced to the concept of time travel really being a form of traveling between universes, it sort helped me get over any inconsistencies, even kind of explaining the ripple effects.

I mean, I think there is an explanation for any sort of time travel and how it affects the timeline.

Honestly, I just consider the incoherent timeline to be an X-Men thing now. Presumably some time traveller(s) has/have borked the timeline, repeatedly. Hence why the movies take place in something like eight incompatible timelines.

Yeah, I just saw a trailer and some images and thought their attire looked vaguely familiar.
Superior-5.cbr-Page-20-660x620.jpg
Since this is a Mark Millar comics, I await the time to see this directed by Matthew Vaughn.

Speaking of Disney checks not clearing, is there a reason why you cannot pre-order Disney movies on Amazon? Doctor Strange and Rogue One are unavailable? What's up with that?

Congratulations to those who deserve the award. Oscar wins are good for the genre as a whole just like Razzies are bad for the genre.

Just wish it was an Oscars win for an actually good film

Speaking of Disney checks not clearing, is there a reason why you cannot pre-order Disney movies on Amazon? Doctor Strange and Rogue One are unavailable? What's up with that?
They're both available through Best Buy; they must have made a better offer.

BvS: Razzie winning movie

Suicide Squad: Oscar winning movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back