Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
BvS did well. Four wins. Well deserved.

Razzie winners are announced!

Worst Picture
Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party – Gerald R. Molen

Worst Director
Dinesh D'Souza and Bruce Schooley for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Worst Actor
Dinesh D'Souza for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as himself

Worst Actress
Rebekah Turner for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as Hillary Clinton

Worst Supporting Actor
Jesse Eisenberg for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Lex Luthor

Worst Supporting Actress
Kristen Wiig for Zoolander 2 as Alexanya Atoz

Worst Screen Combo
Ben Affleck and his BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Worst Screenplay
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, from the characters created by DC Comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37th_Golden_Raspberry_Awards

Well deserved...

Worst Picture
Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party – Gerald R. Molen

Worst Director
Dinesh D'Souza and Bruce Schooley for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Worst Actor
Dinesh D'Souza for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as himself

Worst Actress
Rebekah Turner for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party as Hillary Clinton

Worst Supporting Actor
Jesse Eisenberg for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Lex Luthor

Worst Supporting Actress
Kristen Wiig for Zoolander 2 as Alexanya Atoz

Worst Screen Combo
Ben Affleck and his BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Worst Screenplay
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, from the characters created by DC Comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37th_Golden_Raspberry_Awards

WB/DC must be so proud. Yeah pretty much proves that the movie is more of a joke than anything else

Coming later this year from the "award" winning team that brought you BVS......the Justice League.

And people wonder why Ben seriouslu considers getting out of this franchise. He envisioned greatness and instead he is having a Daredevil V2 !!!

Side note: As a fan of the X men I just can't get behind the films. There have been some great casting choices and some great moments but the movies themselves are a jumbled mess that have given us some horrible characterizations.

Same here unfortunately. I love the X-Men but the Fox movies just don't do anything for me. The only installments I've even slightly enjoyed are First Class, DoFP and Deadpool and I'm looking forward to Logan. I love McKellen and Fassbender as Magneto and Stewart and McAvoy as Prof X and I've enjoyed Jackman as Wolverine but I think the casting and management of the other characters has been pretty damn terrible across the board.

You can't say the same for the MCU, their casting is pretty much always spot on and the prominent characters overall have been handed and characterised faithfully and excellently. I've been a Marvel fan for over 20 years and I certainly have no complaints.

Oh dear. :funny:

That's interesting. You'd think something like Zoolander 2 released the same year that BvS would be denied this award.

Yeah, Ben broke his oath to never return to CBM stuff and... karma, I guess. Even though I liked him in the role and wish he had better material to work with.

Same here unfortunately. I love the X-Men but the Fox movies just don't do anything for me. The only installments I've even slightly enjoyed are First Class, DoFP and Deadpool and I'm looking forward to Logan. I love McKellen and Fassbender as Magneto and Stewart and McAvoy as Prof X and I've enjoyed Jackman as Wolverine but I think the casting and management of the other characters has been pretty damn terrible across the board.

You can't say the same for the MCU, their casting is pretty much always spot on and the prominent characters overall have been handed and characterised faithfully and excellently. I've been a Marvel fan for over 20 years and I certainly have no complaints.

Oh dear. :funny:

Completely agree with the casting you listed. All great but yeah that's about it. To me the X films are wasted potential. And there is so so much potential. So many great characters that have either been horribly characterized or completely wasted.

When it comes to X-Men, I just don't understand why those films don't do anything for me. Aesthetic, or casting, or stories they tell... I read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run and since then secretly dreamed he joined the franchise. For me only Deadpool was truly great. The first X-Men film I truly love after all these years. Almost everything about it felt just right.

I think the biggest single problem with X-Men is Simon Kinberg as a writer. When he's heavily involved in the screenplay and story (ex. Fant4stic, The Last Stand, Apocalypse), there is a high chance of suckage. If he's not (ex. First Class, Deadpool, Logan), things usually turn out much better.

I think the biggest single problem with X-Men is Simon Kinberg as a writer. When he's heavily involved in the screenplay and story (ex. Fant4stic, The Last Stand, Apocalypse), there is a high chance of suckage. If he's not (ex. First Class, Deadpool, Logan), things usually turn out much better.

Yeah Kinberg sucks. DOFP almost seems like at outlier on his resume. It's funny because if you listen to the DVD commentary for that movie, Kinberg basically admits that his script was being re-written on the set during filming.

Fox has produced some great films starring the X-men. Whether they are great X-men films is debatable but the general consensus and the majority of people agree that movies like DP, X2, DOFP and FC are good/great.

The problem is that 20 years now Fox hasn't managed to make the general audience care about the X-men as a team. They care about certain individuals and the rest of the team are:

a) recasted down the line
b) used as seat-fillers.

They also have the annoying tendency to bring fan-favorite mutants and use them as power-sets and nothing else. It seems to me that they think if people see Bishop or Nightcrawler on screen they will mesmerized and cheer no matter what you do with the actual characters.

When it comes to X-Men, I just don't understand why those films don't do anything for me. Aesthetic, or casting, or stories they tell... I read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run and since then secretly dreamed he joined the franchise. For me only Deadpool was truly great. The first X-Men film I truly love after all these years. Almost everything about it felt just right.

I do think the aesthetics are a big problem as well. The films just look like they are stuck in the 90s in terms of look, and the special effects simply don't measure up to other contemporary blockbusters. Even the good films have this problem.

It isn't because they are just being cheap either. Apocalypse cost more than Doctor Strange did, but Strange looked a thousand times better. Apocalypse looked like a contemporary of early 2000s films like Daredevil and Spider-Man 1.

Last edited:
I do think the aesthetics are a big problem as well. The films just look like they are stuck in the 90s in terms of look, and the special effects simply don't measure up to other contemporary blockbusters. Even the good films have this problem.
Exactly. And it's a shame, because X-Men franchise has massive potential to look great. Deadpool was the first film, that looks contemporary aesthetic-wise. Now Logan looks fantastic too.

And yeah, the budget has little to do with it. Deadpool and Logan are the cheapest X-Men movies and they look like they belong to 2016-2017. Not 90s.

Now that I think about it it's too bad Eisenberg and Leto couldn't share the award but oh well, at least one of them got it.

The DCEU really is in a great shape heading towards Wonder Woman and Justice League. Yikes.

Jared Leto was robbed.

I'm sure it was closely contested but Eisenberg's superior horrendous acting won the day.

It would have been funny though that the last Joker performance got an Academy Award and the next got a well derseved Razzie.

Yes, I'm fully aware. When did I say I want a "monopoly"? Just less movies in a year from the studios who make more bad than good. That doesn't seem unreasonable in a genre this saturated, particularly when we just had a year where only three out of six superhero movies were worthwhile. Fox is definitely in a better place than WB, but they're still very hit or miss.

Maybe a moratorium. WB and Fox both get to release *one* super hero movie a year. If they can do two consecutive years where the movie achieves fresh status, then they get an upgrade to two a year. Then, if they can manage three fresh movies in two consecutive years, they can upgrade to three a year.

Sound like a reasonable plan? ;)

Yeah, I don't get the complaints. I mean I do in general because a lot of people simply don't like or don't have any particular affinity for CBMs. I mean here. It is called Superhero Hype. Why are you even here if you don't want more superhero movies?

In some cases, because they *do* want superhero movies, they just don't want the ones we are getting. Which is to say, scratch the surface of someone complaining about the "superhero bubble", and as often as not your find someone bitter about Marvel succeeding.

I have an affinity for cbm's and superheroes, but we only really talk about superheroes adapted from comics...so SHH is a beautiful lie! :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"