Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an affinity for cbm's and superheroes, but we only really talk about superheroes adapted from comics...so SHH is a beautiful lie! :oldrazz:
I love Hancock, but the third act for that one is a mess.

I think the biggest single problem with X-Men is Simon Kinberg as a writer. When he's heavily involved in the screenplay and story (ex. Fant4stic, The Last Stand, Apocalypse), there is a high chance of suckage. If he's not (ex. First Class, Deadpool, Logan), things usually turn out much better.

Personally, I want to see CW because of Cap and IM. I want to see GOTG 2 and see the Guardians. I want to see Ant-Man again in his sequel.

How many times do I want to see Wolverine? :huh:

Oh, you mean we are going to highlight Magneto, Xavier AND Mystique? Well sign me up.

I like that they introduced Deadpool but I haven't necessarily felt that connection with any of the other X-Men. Let's not mention that my favorite X-Man is Cyclops.

Totally in agreement.
2761711-1657.jpg

We need to see more of Sansa Stark as Jean Grey.
I'd also like to know why Nightcrawler left the team, and how come in X2 SansaJean & Storm act like they never met the blue man before. Same goes for his mom.

Wait, is this a serious question? DOFP the timeline was changed and so characters meet at different times and in different circumstances. This is why Jean and Cyclops are alive at the end of DOFP as they changed the past which changed later events.

The continuity is a mess but your highlighted example was explained.

Last edited:
A big reason why Eisenberg's performance doesn't work is because he's playing the wrong character, if he was playing a crazy character his performance wouldn't be that bad. The script and direction were the real problem.

Jared Leto was just embarrassing, his choices were so misguided and poorly thought out and in the end his performance doesn't work on any level. If you think about it Eisenberg gave a better Joker performance than Jared Leto :hehe:

I'm a fan, I just generally enjoy the X-Men films a little bit more. Marvel hasn't gone even near the bottom of the pile, Fox and DC still hold that price. Marvel at their worst is average, but still watchable.

Agreed. Marvel's most average films are Thor:TDW, Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk. They have the weakest critical and audiences responses of the bunch, but still fresh.

Avengers:AOU and IM3 have very strong box office, and favorable audience and critical responses. By all measurable standards, they are 'good' films.

The great ones are obviously Avengers, IM, Guardians, Civil War and Winter Soldier.

A big reason why Eisenberg's performance doesn't work is because he's playing the wrong character, if he was playing a crazy character his performance wouldn't be that bad. The script and direction were the real problem.
I think he was just really out of place in a story they were telling. Cartoon to the point of absurdity. Slow him down a bit, get rid of twitchy mannerisms and I think he has everything to an interesting take on the character.
Jared Leto was just embarrassing, his choices were so misguided and poorly thought out and in the end his performance doesn't work on any level. If you think about it Eisenberg gave a better Joker performance than Jared Leto :hehe:
Pretty much.

Wait, is this a serious question? DOFP the timeline was changed and so characters meet at different times and in different circumstances. This is why Jean and Cyclops are alive at the end of DOFP as they changed the past which changed later events.

The continuity is a mess but your highlighted example was explained.
It's serious, I don't remember those explained, or how Jean got in touch with Phoenix stuff years before X2 events.

Personally, I want to see CW because of Cap and IM. I want to see GOTG 2 and see the Guardians. I want to see Ant-Man again in his sequel.

How many times do I want to see Wolverine? :huh:

Oh, you mean we are going to highlight Magneto, Xavier AND Mystique? Well sign me up.

I like that they introduced Deadpool but I haven't necessarily felt that connection with any of the other X-Men. Let's not mention that my favorite X-Man is Cyclops.

Cyclops is my favorite as well. I just wish we'd get a great one eventually. They have some good moments with the character but not nearly enough and not nearly acceptable.

It's serious, I don't remember those explained, or how Jean got in touch with Phoenix stuff years before X2 events.

It was clear at the end of DOFP. Everything after 1973 is now a new timeline so events from the original trilogy either happened differently or didn't happen at all. Hence why Jean and Cyclops were both alive at the end of DOFP when Logan woke back up in the future.

Some events from the OT would still occur though, like Wolverine getting metal claws as shown in Apocalypse, the events of The Wolverine probably still happened also as he still saved the soldiers life in WW2. Also Jean still has he Pheonix inside here but Xavier took a different approach in Apocalypse as he knew from reading Logan's mind in DOFP putting blockers in made things worse. It was made clear at the end of DOFP that this is now a new timeline and things will be different going forward.

LOL. Stopping on a dime or making a sharp turn while going that fast would kill you, but I like The Flash anyway.

This is a funny (funny odd.....sometimes funny haha) thread. You never know what people are going to go on and on about.

Late answer but my objection was within the internal logic of the power, while yours is a criticism of that the power shouldn't work at all.

It was clear at the end of DOFP. Everything after 1973 is now a new timeline so events from the original trilogy either happened differently or didn't happen at all. Hence why Jean and Cyclops were both alive at the end of DOFP when Logan woke back up in the future.

Some events from the OT would still occur though, like Wolverine getting metal claws as shown in Apocalypse, the events of The Wolverine probably still happened also as he still saved the soldiers life in WW2. Also Jean still has he Pheonix inside here but Xavier took a different approach in Apocalypse as he knew from reading Logan's mind in DOFP putting blockers in made things worse. It was made clear at the end of DOFP that this is now a new timeline and things will be different going forward.

It's really just Fox not giving a crap about continuity at all. Just like how Wolverine should be his old self again after the 70s events of DOFP, but only up until a certain point in time where he for no reason suddenly gets his mind replaced by a future Wolverine from a different timeline while he's sleeping.

I have an affinity for cbm's and superheroes, but we only really talk about superheroes adapted from comics...so SHH is a beautiful lie! :oldrazz:

You ever see any of the Italian SUPERARGO movies from the 60's or 70's?

Mjölnir;34858837 said:
It's really just Fox not giving a crap about continuity at all. Just like how Wolverine should be his old self again after the 70s events of DOFP, but only up until a certain point in time where he for no reason suddenly gets his mind replaced by a future Wolverine from a different timeline while he's sleeping.

I didn't say it was perfect, but the issues Spider Aziz had were explained and were not confusing. In Apocalypse though Logan was his old self again it seemed.

The problem with the X-Men films is that instead of using XM:FC as a reboot, they made it link in with the previous films, which kept the messy timeline and continuity. The events of DOFP could have easily allowed them to do the necessary reboot but having XM: Apocalypse, Deadpool and Logan on the docket made them scared to change course. With another X-Men movie, Deadpool 2, and X-Force scheduled, it looks like the full reboot won't happen any time soon.

The movie DoFP is all about changing events that change how the future turns out....they don't have to point out how every change effects what in the future....basically, you see something different, it was changed by something happening in the past.

The movie DoFP is all about changing events that change how the future turns out....they don't have to point out how every change effects what in the future....basically, you see something different, it was changed by something happening in the past.

:up:

I wouldn't even bother to try and understand or explain the X-Men cinematic universe. When you have characters like Jubilee and Angel showing up whenever and at different ages. Realy, don't bother.

I wouldn't even bother to try and understand or explain the X-Men cinematic universe. When you have characters like Jubilee and Angel showing up whenever and at different ages. Realy, don't bother.
I don't remember when all Jubilee showed up....but as for Angel, the answer is simply - the timeline was changed. He originally appeared in X3 in the 2000's.....then DoFP changed timeline....for some reason his parents now give birth to him years earlier than previously.

I don't remember when all Jubilee showed up....but as for Angel, the answer is simply - the timeline was changed. He originally appeared in X3 in the 2000's.....then DoFP changed timeline....for some reason his parents now give birth to him years earlier than previously.
more like decades

Isn't the problem here that Angel had to be born before the events of DoFP to be the age he is in Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"