Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy Gunn's unapologetically adolescent humor. I think it's funny because it is often so crude.

Gunn thinks he is funnier than he really is.
Thus explains why he's in the sig. Black would've been on here as well for that reason, but Black's the most competent writer between him, Whedon & Gunn.

The MCU movies, to me, are all installments of a long running saga. The lack of direct consequences doesn't bother me any more than the individual episodes of a TV show. If you're not on board with the shared universe, though, yeah, I can see being underwhelmed. If Infinity Wars disappoints, then we'll talk.

He does kind of overplay the "themes" of Wonder Woman, great as it is, but Film Crit Hulk jumped the shark when he stopped typing in all caps. :o

Not sure what you mean by the lack of direct consequences.

So yeah, the Infinity War trailer killed at D23.

The IW footage sounds like Marvel is embracing the massive scale of their universe and only adding to it.

What happened? Someone fill me in!!

What are they saying about it? I'm texting during work so I can't check lol

Heres the footage description
after a montage of past movies: "'We are arriving,' Mantis said to the Guardians. Teenage Groot in a seat. They describe this place as 'dangerous.' The body of Thor lands on their windshield. His hair is short. Rocket is startled. Mantis wakes him up using her powers. Thor is startled. All of the Guardians look at him, prompting him to ask who they are. The ship zips through the cosmos. Elsewhere, Wanda dodges some white energy, and it breaks a truck. Soemwhere else, Loki stands in ruin, presenting the Tesseract to someone. Peter's Spider-Sense takes off as he rides a bus. Tony prepares for battle. He is in space with the Guardians.

"'Fun really isn't something one considers when balancing the universe,' Thanos said. 'This does put a smile on my face.' Gamora looks on, terrified. The Guardians observe ruin in many places across Earth and the cosmos. Thanos warps into this new world. Star-Lord battles him. Strange battles him. Spider-man, in his new suit, battles him. Winter Soldier battles on Earth. Wakanda readies to defend their territory. Cap steps out of the shadows, beared, with longer hair. Hulkbuster fights. Black Panther fights the four legged creature from Infinity. Thor's head is squeezed by Thanos. Thanos pummels Iron Man in a fight. The Guardians are all defeated. Thanos has assembled the Infinity Gauntlet. He throws energy from a hole in space."

Oh. Dear. God. This movie may end me. That sounds so ****ing EPIC!!!!

Heres the footage description
after a montage of past movies: "'We are arriving,' Mantis said to the Guardians. Teenage Groot in a seat. They describe this place as 'dangerous.' The body of Thor lands on their windshield. His hair is short. Rocket is startled. Mantis wakes him up using her powers. Thor is startled. All of the Guardians look at him, prompting him to ask who they are. The ship zips through the cosmos. Elsewhere, Wanda dodges some white energy, and it breaks a truck. Soemwhere else, Loki stands in ruin, presenting the Tesseract to someone. Peter's Spider-Sense takes off as he rides a bus. Tony prepares for battle. He is in space with the Guardians.

"'Fun really isn't something one considers when balancing the universe,' Thanos said. 'This does put a smile on my face.' Gamora looks on, terrified. The Guardians observe ruin in many places across Earth and the cosmos. Thanos warps into this new world. Star-Lord battles him. Strange battles him. Spider-man, in his new suit, battles him. Winter Soldier battles on Earth. Wakanda readies to defend their territory. Cap steps out of the shadows, beared, with longer hair. Hulkbuster fights. Black Panther fights the four legged creature from Infinity. Thor's head is squeezed by Thanos. Thanos pummels Iron Man in a fight. The Guardians are all defeated. Thanos has assembled the Infinity Gauntlet. He throws energy from a hole in space."

HOLY ****.

How are they gonna top this with A4?

I feel like it's underwhelming when compared to the spectacle of Justice League.

I can't even fathom the scale of the movie to be frank, it just seems incredibly epic. Marvel's had so many of these epic trailer drops before though so I feel very used to just patiently waiting for these awesome things to leak. A new Ragnarok trailer is coming in the mean time to satiate my appetite.

I can't even fathom the scale of the movie to be frank, it just seems incredibly epic. Marvel's had so many of these epic trailer drops before though so I feel very used to just patiently waiting for these awesome things to leak. A new Ragnarok trailer is coming in the mean time to satiate my appetite.

It's the comic book movie of comic book movies in terms of scale. It still feels intangible but the movie isn't even that far away.

I disagree about Iron Man 3. Comedy is used as subversion. Black does the same kind of thing with even greater propensity in Kiss×2 Bang×2 and The Nice Guys. Yet I've never heard a word about those films in regards to that.

I think IM3 is one of Marvels best. It has a strong arc for Tony, inventive action and it's dripping with Black's style and genre savviness.

Last edited:
Infinity War is what, Marvel 18?

It's amazing to think but people will organize legitimate rewatches of all prior Marvel films in order to go in to infinity War primed.

I might wait for A4 to do a proper back-to-back Marvel marathon.

Seems like IW is taking visuals and power displays to a level not seen before. I hope we see a lot of imagination when it comes to Thanos using the Gauntlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"