Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might wait for A4 to do a proper back-to-back Marvel marathon.

I guess it's not so bad.

Every so often I hear of somebody binge watching game of thrones, the sopranos, etc.

I got through Breaking Bad very quickly, a few weeks I think.

Think my record is Avatar: The Last Airbender in four days.

What I like about the sound of the footage is that it seems like the movie is not gonna pussyfoot around the heroes confronting Thanos. It seems like they're just gonna jump right into the conflict and have the heroes fight him head on. I was kind of worried that we wouldn't actually get that until A4 and that A3 would be more about the build up to Thanos.

Last edited:
So while we're on Homecoming, I wanna point out some good examples of humor being integrated efficiently.

There's two examples I wanna mention. The first is [BLACKOUT]the guy on the ferry who yells "Yay Iron Man !" just a minute after giddying over Spider-Man. [/BLACKOUT] The second is the [BLACKOUT]Aunt May reveal[/BLACKOUT] at the end. Both are funny to the audience, but you never forget how horrible Peter must feel in those moments. The film never takes you out of Peter's head no matter the circumstance.

Whenever the humor bothered me, it mostly came from the supporting characters. So maybe it's not so much that Marvel "fixed" their bathos issue in this. Maybe their style is just better suited for a first-person POV story like Spider-Man's.

It'd be cool if Infinity War ends on a downer. The heroes are defeated and broken at the end. Feige isn't deaf to the criticisms of Marvel about lack of threat and real danger. Plus what better way to make Thanos truly live up to the hype.

I think Ant-Man 2 means we probably won't get a total downer.

What they could do is have the good guys win, then reveal that the Gauntlet warped reality to make them think they won, which will have to be undone in A4.

It'd be cool if Infinity War ends on a downer. The heroes are defeated and broken at the end. Feige isn't deaf to the criticisms of Marvel about lack of threat and real danger. Plus what better way to make Thanos truly live up to the hype.

Do you expect anybody to die?

Weren't there rumors that happens before the events of Infinity War?

Oh, that would make sense. Feige said these are separate movies, so I don't think it will end on a cliffhanger at least. Could be like Empire where the heroes lose, but regroup and get ready to fight another day.

So far this year the DCEU seems to be winning compared to the MCU.

Wondy's done extremely well, but pulling off multiple successful films in one year, with Ragnarok looking quite promising, is nothing to sneeze at.

So far this year the DCEU seems to be winning compared to the MCU.

What 'Spider-Man's Awful 73% Friday-to-Friday Plummet Means For Sony, Marvel, And Superhero Films

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...marvel-and-for-superhero-movies/#43f63fdc1672

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Has Passed $375 Million In North America

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...ed-375-million-in-north-america/#76a7657e1f80

HAHAHAHAHA better in which way? Both movies will outrgross WW this year and HC apart from grossing more has equal or even better reviews. It dropped like every Spider-man film has dropped. I will still outrgross WW easily.

HAHAHAHAHA better in which way? Both movies will outrgross WW this year and HC apart from grossing more has equal or even better reviews. It dropped like every Spider-man film has dropped. I will still outrgross WW easily.

GeckoMoria, is that you?

Marvel is no longer competing against DCEU, they're competing against themselves. They have their own independent brand and their success or failure is in their own hands.

It reminds me of something I once read on the blog Goldman Sachs Elevator, about interns who are beautiful women.

Violations of Probations and Banning
If you are on probation, you may not post under any account for the amount of days for which you are on probation. Violation of this probation will result in the permanent banning of your ORIGINAL account (permanent loss of entire post count, avatars, etc.,) and an extension of your probation to your NEW name. Continued violation of this rule may result in IP banning. If you are permanently banned, you may not return to SuperHeroHype. Note: the administrators and moderators can tell if you hold more than one account.

so the new interpret of spider-sense on scene without overused slow-mo was a little hair on body.cool,i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"