Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardians was when Marvel sealed the deal that they can make pretty much anything work, but I think Ant-man was probably their ballsiest move. Guardians had most people scratching their head, but after the first trailer there was a significant amount of hype. Ant-man had most people laughing at the idea up until the movie came out and proved itself to be pretty damn excellent.

GOTG and Ant-Man are why I'm not worried about Strange, BP and CM.

Guardians was when Marvel sealed the deal that they can make pretty much anything work, but I think Ant-man was probably their ballsiest move. Guardians had most people scratching their head, but after the first trailer there was a significant amount of hype. Ant-man had most people laughing at the idea up until the movie came out and proved itself to be pretty damn excellent.
Yeah, I didn't expect Guardians to work that well or be anywhere near that popular with the GA.

Funny thing is after I saw the first Guardians trailer I knew it was going to be a good film.

Funny thing is after I saw the first Guardians trailer I knew it was going to be a good film.

Yeah, I think most people (and I'm talking specifically within the film/comic book fandom, not the general population) felt the same way, myself included. Ant-man had it's fair share of skeptics until it premiered.

Yeah, I didn't expect Guardians to work that well or be anywhere near that popular with the GA.

True. I think one could reasonably say this about the entire MCU thus far. Who knew Iron Man would catch on so quickly? Who knew the Avengers would be one of the most influential blockbusters of all time, up there with Jaws, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, etc.? Who knew they could make D-list characters like Rocket Racoon and Groot household names that so many people love? Who knew they could make some of the most popular TV shows on Netflix that always premiere to immense buzz and acclaim?

True. I think one could reasonably say this about the entire MCU thus far. Who knew Iron Man would catch on so quickly? Who knew the Avengers would be one of the most influential blockbusters of all time, up there with Jaws, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, etc.? Who knew they could make D-list characters like Rocket Racoon and Groot household names that so many people love? Who knew they could make some of the most popular TV shows on Netflix that always premiere to immense buzz and acclaim?

Iron Man - had no idea, would have considered $200m domestic a big success. RDJ permanently changed the world of CBMs in 2 hours.
Rocket & Groot - I was totally wrong about what Marvel could do with them
Avengers - after seeing what had come before, this one I got right at least - predicted huge numbers 500m + domestic and $1B + worldwide ...blew past those! Shame AOU didn't quite move forward with the same momentum.
Netflix - hadn't thought too much about them but probably would have expected them to be like early AoS lol
Cap & Thor - honestly these 2 could have been utter disasters in the wrong creative hands
Ant Man - expected a decent fun small-time film with forgettable box office that I wouldn't be overly interested in... then they announced the cast and I was all over it!

The latest Civil War and with the Russos now in charge for the main event films, gives me real confidence that even these 'ridiculous' crossovers with 50 plus notable characters can succeed and that the MCU will keep moving forward at full pace.

After the success of Ant-Man of all characters, I think the MCU has nothing to worry about with Dr. Strange. At this stage I think the MCU could sell ice to an Eskimo.

I'm concerned about China. They seem to have issues with mystic stuff.

I heard it was ghosts that China has a beef with.

Deadpool made 770 million without china or 3d. I think Strange and BP could do similar numbers if they are good films that connect with people.

I'd be pissed if China doesn't show DS especially with all the kowtowing they did for the Ancient one.

I'll be pissed if they ban it in China because that will be two CBM 's in a row that get banned for their stupid censor code against the supernatural.

I'm worried about Doctor Strange based on the writer's track record but I'm still excited about it. Guardians was fantastic but Ant-Man was meh... so here's hoping the movies for the new superheroes in the MCU turn out to be as good or better than the former instead of something as subpar as the latter.

There's nothing in the upcoming slate that I'm not super-interested in.

On the DC side, I don't know why they are going ahead with a Cyborg movie. Didn't we see the integral part where he turns into Cyborg? Then we'll see him in action in the JL movie.

Granted outside of the Teen Titans, I'm not as familiar with his character but who am I missing from the Cyborg universe. Just replace it with SS2 or Harley Quinn and be done with it.

On the DC side, I don't know why they are going ahead with a Cyborg movie. Didn't we see the integral part where he turns into Cyborg? Then we'll see him in action in the JL movie.

Granted outside of the Teen Titans, I'm not as familiar with his character but who am I missing from the Cyborg universe. Just replace it with SS2 or Harley Quinn and be done with it.

I don't want to see a Cyborg movie either nor do I want to see him in Justice League. I rather replace it with like you said either Teen Titans, SS2 or a Harley Quinn solo film.

Can't they cast Nightwing and have him and Cyborg create the Teen Titans? Even though I'm assuming Nightwing is what in his 30s?

Can't they cast Nightwing and have him and Cyborg create the Teen Titans? Even though I'm assuming Nightwing is what in his 30s?

If it does happen, and I hope it will eventually, I think they will be called Titans instead of Teen Titans.

I'm confident Cyborg won't happen. They'll probably turn it into teen titans or just throw the rest of the teen titans in his movie.

According to Kevin Smith, Cyborg is an "Icon"!

:funny:

According to Kevin Smith, Cyborg is an "Icon"!

:funny:

Nd4KLn.gif

I'd argue after Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel proved obscurity makes no difference.

Ant Man was at least a major Avenger in the comics. What the hell is a Star Lord?
Guardians of the Galaxy feel kinda reminiscent of Star Wars, I think that helped.
And the number of good space exploration and alien movies helped too.

Ant-Man is a guy that shrinks and talks to ants.

Guardians of the Galaxy feel kinda reminiscent of Star Wars, I think that helped.
And the number of good space exploration and alien movies helped too.

Ant-Man is a guy that shrinks and talks to ants.

Yeah, I definitely think that GOTG was an easier sell. Ant-Man being a founding Avenger meant nothing to the general audience.

i hated the theatrical cut of BVS as much as you did, but have you seen the Ultimate Cut? i saw it this past weekend and my god i completely changed my mind on the movie and the DCEU

I'm totally on board as long as Warners stops chopping these movies to bits

The Ultimate Cut was slightly better, but it didn't change my mind on anything regarding Snyder's take on this world, because the characterizations I took issue with were still very much intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"