Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess it depends on what his role is. He might not necessarily be the antagonist. He could have a common enemy or something that aligns with his best interests that don't involve the FF.

Ahh suppose so, be interesting if it ever happens

I'm not sure you can do Doom without the FF though.

I do think a good way to introduce the FF into the MCU is to start them off cameo img in other films. Reed could always be a friend of Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, or someone. Then go from there. Reintroducing the characters a little slower Geiger building the up into throw own film.

This is what I'd like to see

The Doom Netflix series I'm proposing wouldn't feature the FF in any significant capacity (if at all) and would mainly serve as a way to reintroduce the FF brand to the general public in a fresh, interesting way that won't have people going, "wow, another FF movie?" They could then use the character in any MCU movie going forward, particularly another FF reboot down the line.

Doom also has a great origin that would really benefit from a 13 hour series.

I wouldn't be against that, but I don't see it happening. Plus for Doom to work, you kind of need Reed to show up.

I wouldn't be against that, but I don't see it happening. Plus for Doom to work, you kind of need Reed to show up.

Yeah I don't see it happening either. And you're right about Reed. But if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind that part of the origin being excised - maybe this is just me but Doom and Reed being college room mates in America always felt like a weird part of Doom's journey from Gypsy child to dictator of Latveria. I get that it's integral to the origin of establishing Reed and Doom as rivals, but I think we can find a better way to do that then them being room mates.

Yeah I don't see it happening either. And you're right about Reed. But if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind that part of the origin being excised - maybe this is just me but Doom and Reed being college room mates in America always felt like a weird part of Doom's journey from Gypsy child to dictator of Latveria. I get that it's integral to the origin of establishing Reed and Doom as rivals, but I think we can find a better way to do that then them being room mates.

Is that what the original version was? That's awful ha ha

Even though I do enjoy the Tim Story film I didn't like the love triangle aspect with Reed, Sue and Victor. Is that from the original comics aswell or was it something that came later?

Is that what the original version was? That's awful ha ha

Even though I do enjoy the Tim Story film I didn't like the love triangle aspect with Reed, Sue and Victor. Is that from the original comics aswell or was it something that came later?

I'm fairly certain that love triangle was never in the comics. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (it's been almost a decade since I've read all my FF comics) but I think that's something lame they just made up for the movies.

I do think a good way to introduce the FF into the MCU is to start them off cameo img in other films. Reed could always be a friend of Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, or someone. Then go from there. Reintroducing the characters a little slower Geiger building the up into throw own film.

Sounds great. Most comic fans seem to get sexually excited whenever the science bros idea comes up and Ben Grimm of course has meet Hulk at some point!

I'm fairly certain that love triangle was never in the comics. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (it's been almost a decade since I've read all my FF comics) but I think that's something lame they just made up for the movies.

Well I hope the next incarnation ditches that aspect, it seemed a cheap way to add tension.

Sounds great. Most comic fans seem to get sexually excited whenever the science bros idea comes up and Ben Grimm of course has meet Hulk at some point!

Haha you just know that they'd do some funny Science Bros type skit like that recent Thor one haha

Well I hope the next incarnation ditches that aspect, it seemed a cheap way to add tension.
I'm sick of love triangles. Who likes this stuff?

Haha you just know that they'd do some funny Science Bros type skit like that recent Thor one haha
Yep :woot:

And filmmakers and fans are going to be all over this one. There are set to be a fair few geniuses walking around the MCU and Reed would be a big boost to that. Conversations between them would be entertaining and consultative work between them would be great during universe events.

I'm sick of love triangles. Who likes this stuff?

I would love to know, seems whenever they're done be it TV or movies they're the first thing people complain about. So who does like them indeed haha

Yep :woot:

And filmmakers and fans are going to be all over this one. There are set to be a fair few geniuses walking around the MCU and Reed would be a big boost to that. Conversations between them would be entertaining and consultative work between them would be great during universe events.

:up:

Chris Hemsworth, Henry Cavill, Chris Evans, etc probably all face significant pressure in looking their best continuously over a period of years. They need to stay bulked indefinitely, they need to keep their body fat % at or below 10% indefinitely, and they also need to maintain their hair and skin.

It's a difficult life. One day we may get an interesting insider look on the rigours of it.

Most not really explored. Just kind of rushed.

I have no objection to well-made love triangles.

The best love triangle I can recall is not from CBMs, it's Don DRaper / Faye Miller / Megan Calvet in Mad Men, around season 4 or season 5. Many men would pick Faye (I would), but Don picks Megan and that reveals a lot about Don. It wasn't an obvious choice.

[/Off-topic]

I think it lacks imagination to say that you need a good villain in the comics to have a good villain in the movies.

They can easily upgrade an existing weak villain or make up a new villain.

I think it lacks imagination to say that you need a good villain in the comics to have a good villain in the movies.

The classic example is what BTAS did with Mr. Freeze and that was just a 22 minute episode.

I don't think they waste big budget movies on making up new villain though. Fans expect villains they love from comics.

I have no objection to well-made love triangles.

The best love triangle I can recall is not from CBMs, it's Don DRaper / Faye Miller / Megan Calvet in Mad Men, around season 4 or season 5. Many men would pick Faye (I would), but Don picks Megan and that reveals a lot about Don. It wasn't an obvious choice.

[/Off-topic]

I agree with this 100%. Faye was a more interesting character and she was hotter.

If anything, I think picking Megan was the obvious choice, especially for a guy in Don's position. The only reason why it didn't seem obvious was because Faye had much better character development and screentime than Megan, who was more of a background character until the very end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"