Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

Save Sean Bean for a villain. He'd be a fantastic Deathstroke, for example.

And I'm of the school of thought that Gordon should never be younger than Bruce.

Welp, I think DC/WB dropped the ball on casting Lex Luthor. Bryan Cranston would have been amazing.

HOWEVER, I think he'd be great as Gordon, too. So yeah ... Cranston gets my vote.

Bryan Cranston was always my choice as well. :awesome:

(Especially since he already worked with Affleck on Argo, voiced the character in the animated Year One movie and is all around just a tremendous acting talent with an amazing screen presence)

He would have been perfect as Jim Gordon.

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS!)

Things is, we might or might not even see Gordon in these upcoming films. We'll see.

Obviously Cranston would be my first choice. I cannot think of anyone who could play the role better in the current climate.

I'd be fine with Cranston, and don't view it as typecasting. He can play world weary.

Top choice:

Bryan Cranston

bryan_cranston_commissioner_go_web-large-my-fan-casting-for-a-batman-franchise-jpeg-245783.jpg

Other choices:

Tom Selleck

d2ec7669-e5b5-49da-8cb6-b87ef9d72c65-Gordon.JPG

Sam Elliot

4-picks-for-jim-gordon-sam-elliott-as-jim-gordon-jpeg-137184.jpg

William H. Macy

4-picks-for-jim-gordon-william-h-macy-as-jim-gordon-jpeg-137170.jpg

Kurt Russell

HATEFUL+EIGHT+Press+Line+Panel+Comic+Con+International+obK3ynyuki9x.jpg

John Slattery

mad-men-season-7b.jpg

Slattery is a pretty good pick.

William H. Macy or Tom Hanks.

If we get Jim Gordon in this DCCU, then Russell fits Snyder's establishing world exceptionally well and him and Affleck, I could see working really well together.

Marvel snatched Russell. Not that it's impossible but, y'know.

Russell's damaged goods now. :o

No to Kurt Russel. Gordon is supposed to be someone who is more muted compared to the loud archetypes of Batman and his villains. Russel is too f****** charismatic not to stand out. Even against Affleck's Batman, Russel would be poised to chew scenery away.

Yes to William H Macy. He would be amazing. He would be perfect.

I could buy Macy as Malone's father, if the rumors about her role are true.

Macy would remind me too much of Oldman's meek, mild-mannered performance.

Somebody gruff like Sam Elliot, that's what I'd prefer for an older, more hardened Gordon.

Get Oldman in again. He definitely is chameleon enough to turn in a completely different performance and nobody would be the wiser as to the fact that it was TDK Gordon. :o

has Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad been suggested? He looks exactly like Gordon in Season 1

Mark Harmon for Gordon. Jethro Gibbs himself

1f6d9388589a6f55ab20922aa8d74ad7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"