Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

"He wants to be famous. I'll make him INFAMOUS!!"

Call the patent and copyright the name Two-Face - I want a quarter every time somebody says it!

I just can't see him as Gordon, I know I shouldn't say that and allow him to embrace the role etc. like all actors can but physically, I just can't see the match up AT all.

You must have a very limited imagination.

I suppose what it is, one has a defined look of a certain character to which someone falls into the 'expectation' of that role, in this case, I thought Cranston was a shoe-in, but I get that some not expected can equally work, I'll just have to let my imagination wander that bit further... :woot:

They'll slap a wig and mustache on him and he'll look just fine as Gordon. He's certainly got the talent to really rock the role.

This was posted in the BvS threads.
Cc-ZsHSXIAAOBd3.jpg

I'm so f'n game for this! Simmons is a pro with no shortage of talent, he's gonna NAIL this. :D

I wanted somebody older and grizzled. Oldman's Gordon experienced quite a few hardships in TDKT. But Simmons, I would imagine him experiencing hundreds of problems, leading him to become just as hard-edged as Batman. I'm excited over that prospect.

This is amazing casting. Unexpected, refreshing... Nobody could've called this, and nobody did. Love it.

Ben Affleck, Will Smith, Jeremy Irons, Jared Leto, JK Simmons, Margot Robbie ... Amazing Batman movie cast.

This is amazing casting. Unexpected, refreshing... Nobody could've called this, and nobody did. Love it.

Ben Affleck, Will Smith, Jeremy Irons, Jared Leto, JK Simmons, Margot Robbie ... Amazing Batman movie cast.

LOL

Oh, how times have changed.

For a young version that we saw in JL:

Hugh Dancy
normal_010.jpg

Hawke I'd be ok with.

I would go with Brad Pitt for a younger Gordon but for an older Gordon I would go with either Bruce Willis or Kurt Russell as Commissioner Gordon

I still think you could keep JK Simmons in the role... His hair was almost all white in Justice League, just give him a normal shades of gray hairstyle and I don't think anyone would think much of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"