Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

9a21c74b4ca2a493058660add267a8f0.jpg

I would throw in Woody Harrelson since he was terrific working with Reeves in War of Apes, and he was in True Detective

I would throw in Woody Harrelson since he was terrific working with Reeves in War of Apes, and he was in True Detective
He's Carnage. Plus he brings so much of his own personality into his performances, I don't really want to see him as Gordon.

That'd be like if Nolan had cast Bale as Gordon and Oldman as Batman. :oldrazz:

Caviezel's too Batman to be in a Batman movie and not be Batman. Also, Batman.

tumblr_n0g0sbryNy1qzniq3o4_r1_250.gif

I can see Caviezel in the role.

Also, having an actor that could play Batman playing Gordon isn't that bad... in fact it kinda makes sense.

Jim Caviezel, Brad Pitt, Woody Harrelson, Colin Farell and Ethan Hawke are my picks for Gordon.

Ehh, Farrell could make a cool Gordon, don't really see why he comes up in Batman casting though. Isn't he kinda short, too? Might be mistaken, but he seems kinda on the small side in stuff. Maybe that's just when standing next to friggin' Frankenstein Vince Vaughn in True Detective though. :)

Still digging Hawke for Jimbo. I wanted him for Doctor Strange, some how way less painfully-obvious than Benny Cucumber, but he'd rock as a potential Gordon too.

But yeah, man, Person Of Interest still sticks in my head a couple of years later as "character that out-Batmans Batman", Caviezel's a total beast in that thing. Love that "Batman voice" he uses too, opposite of Bale's hoarse yelling, he has this really cool Conroy-only-not-Conroy sorta borderline-whispery thing going on. Cold & hyper-focused & like he's seen all the horrible **** a human being could ever see. World-weary yet fighting the good fight anyway.

Last edited:
Google says he's 5'10". Isn't Vince 7 feet tall?

I mean, Gordon is basically Batman if Batman was limited to only being a cop, that's why he's his greatest ally. A thing I like about Gotham TV show is that it emphasizes that aspect.

Also, Gordon's height doesn't really matter.It's not like Gordon is out there to look imposing.

Not Gordon, no. Bats though, 5'10" seems maybe pushing it, unless we want to Keaton it. What was Bale, 6'1 or something?

Michael Keaton would make a great Gordon but that's never going to happen.

Unless Reeves is completely shutting the door on Batman having sidekicks down the road, a younger Batman should mean a younger Gordon. He is a parent after all.

Came here just to post this suggestion.

Bruce Greenwood as Gordon. He has connections to Gotham anyway.

3689f637_BruceGreenwood4.jpeg

Kinda wouldn't mind seeing him as Norman Osborn in the MCU, but...

Kevin Bacon.

Kevin Bacon as Gordon I could go for that but how about Kiefer Sutherland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"