Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

Just for the two-fer of it being a role he could pull off well + pissing off the people who fancast him as Bruce for years and years...

Jon Hamm.
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't take it in the offchance he still has a chance at Batman in some other project in the future

He ain't no dum dum. He know he ain't getting no Batman role.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't take it in the offchance he still has a chance at Batman in some other project in the future

54408518.jpg

I mean. The guy is 47. In 10 years he could still have a chance at playing old Bruce Wayne in some elseworlds project, HBO miniseries or something. Never say never

Could be nothing, but who are we kidding? We can talk up nothing for half a dozen pages around here...

As legendary as casting Brad Pitt for Gordon would be, my guess is Jett is just spitballing an idea after seeing OUATIH.

Last edited:
I'd be down for Pitt as Gordon.

As legendary as casting Brad Pitt for Gordon would be, my guess is Jett is just spitballing an idea after seeing OUATIH.

Pitt is perfect

In Jett's mailbag article that he did for his site at the weekend, someone asked 'Brad Pitt as Jim Gordon... Are you fan casting or is it a possibility?'

And his response was: 'Two things: 1) I don’t fan-cast, and 2) I never said anything about BP as JG.'

So the teasing is not about Jim Gordon.

That sounds like he's covering his ash in case he's wrong. He deliberately chose a picture of Pitt in which he looks like Gordon, and he retweeted a person saying he'd make a great Gordon

I wouldn't mind Pitt as Gordon. Still want Wright, but he would be a worthy substitute.

In Jett's mailbag article that he did for his site at the weekend, someone asked 'Brad Pitt as Jim Gordon... Are you fan casting or is it a possibility?'

And his response was: 'Two things: 1) I don’t fan-cast, and 2) I never said anything about BP as JG.'

So the teasing is not about Jim Gordon.

More like "I'm hinting BP as JG but you didn't hear it from me"

also a good trail to come back to if he's wrong

he'll probably post a bunch of actors and one of them gets the role, then he'll pat himself on the back

I'd really like for the Waynes to make like Uncle Ben and just... not be there this time around.

That sounds like he's covering his ash in case he's wrong. He deliberately chose a picture of Pitt in which he looks like Gordon, and he retweeted a person saying he'd make a great Gordon
More like "I'm hinting BP as JG but you didn't hear it from me"

also a good trail to come back to if he's wrong

he'll probably post a bunch of actors and one of them gets the role, then he'll pat himself on the back

That's true. And I saw that retweet. I think I just read his answer after reading the Shanlian tweet saying he wasn't Gordon and was in the headspace of maybe he's up for a different character.

But the moustache etc., certainly suggests Gordon. We'll find out soon enough.

But... but... HOW WILL WE KNOW WHY BRUCE BECOMES BATMAN?!! :o
I don't think we need a 5 minute scene depicting the death of the Wayne's in slow motion, but I don't think that means that the movie can't have a scene where it's touched on, or shown a brief flash of happening from Bruce or even talked about in some way. I think that if the movie doesn't construct Bruce's emotional connection to his parents and their death, that the character can be weaker for it.

They could do a Into the spider verse type of intro, lol

I loved how the Batman TellTale game did it, where Bruce just looks over at two movie tickets framed on the desk of the Bat-computer. Something like that could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"