Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess I LOVE Steven Universe.

The show snuck up on me. I sometimes find it a bit... I don't know, off putting in it's strangeness but... It's got so much heart and fun and then it's a musical series on top of it all. It's certainly unique and it's coming from a perspective, a young female animator runs the whole operation, that we don't get much in serialized toons.

Like a sore loser, I took the Comic Poster Award, plastered my name over it, and saved image.

Would you like to borrow mine from last year? :o

I confess I don't like the number 68; it looks weird.

Today on my way home from work, it was surprisingly warm and I thought for a half second that maybe I should take the dog for a walk.

We had him put to sleep over a month ago.

I confess... I get more frustrated with the posters that come to the Hype whose first language obviously isn't English than I probably should. I should maybe just be happy that the fandom of super hero stuff is spreading all over. Thing is though... If you come here and you cannot actually make your opinion plainly known or can't grasp the real content of someone else's posts then you are asking to bring trouble on yourself in some way, through miscommunication at best.

The show snuck up on me. I sometimes find it a bit... I don't know, off putting in it's strangeness but... It's got so much heart and fun and then it's a musical series on top of it all. It's certainly unique and it's coming from a perspective, a young female animator runs the whole operation, that we don't get much in serialized toons.
I found it so off-putting when it first came out that I vowed to never watch it. Then I gave it another shot halfway through the second season and saw how much the mythos had evolved and expanded beyond Steven and his family. I loved how complex their relationships are and the threat of Homeworld is ever looming in the episodes, even in the more light-hearted ones. And don't get me started on Pearl who is the source of dramatic tension, especially when it comes to her loyalty and love to Rose Quartz (she gives great character moments). I also like the musical aspect as well. Like you said it truly snuck up on a lot of people.

[YT]Hb3ysyU5irU[/YT]

My fiance and I were planning a 2017 wedding, but her mother recently decided that she didnt want us living in sin (we are moving into a duplex in the coming months) and moved the wedding to this year. The best (cheapest) reception hall is available in June and now her parents are complaining that it is too soon.

So, after spending an embarrassingly long time as a global moderator under the impression only an administrator can straight-up ban someone, I just now discovered I can do it myself.

tumblr_mbxdj9R17w1r4uafpo1_500.gif

sjYWm1V.gif

giphy.gif

I confess I'm getting chubby.
And still, I keep eating snacks.

Me too. I eat chocolate compulsively, and I'm addicted to soda.

I told myself I'd stop after my root canal a couple years ago.

I confess... I get more frustrated with the posters that come to the Hype whose first language obviously isn't English than I probably should. I should maybe just be happy that the fandom of super hero stuff is spreading all over. Thing is though... If you come here and you cannot actually make your opinion plainly known or can't grasp the real content of someone else's posts then you are asking to bring trouble on yourself in some way, through miscommunication at best.

I felt it was in bad taste knowing that the poster's first language isn't English but I seriously started laughing out loud when I seen Mighty Morphin Power Rangers misspelled as mighty morphine power rangers.

I ate half a bag of chips tonight and now don't really feel like making anything for dinner. I also confess I'm glad there isn't anyone that can tell me this is a bad idea.

I confess that I should talk to my family more about my depression rather than hide it.

So, after spending an embarrassingly long time as a global moderator under the impression only an administrator can straight-up ban someone, I just now discovered I can do it myself.

tumblr_mbxdj9R17w1r4uafpo1_500.gif

sjYWm1V.gif

giphy.gif

I was kind of wondering why that ban hammer didn't drop swiftly when Shadowdorker popped up earlier

Me too. I eat chocolate compulsively, and I'm addicted to soda.

I told myself I'd stop after my root canal a couple years ago.
Man, when I enjoy dropping a few kilos and looking almost slim again, I act stupid and add the weight I dropped back on.

I confess that learning certain posters are still big fans of "shock jock" radio explains so many good and bad posters style of communication.

I confess... Unless the home stretch of FLASH on CW is just episode after episode amazing I am likely going to drop all the "super hero" DC TV shows all together because frankly, I'm just tired of the show undermining it's very likable lead and his main protagonist character so often, I'm tired of the "we know you guys will lap up anything so we aren't even trying" style of writing and I am really tired with arguing about the show with other super hero fans. Flash was my one life line to that side of DC adaptations but even it's getting to be as big a hot mess as the other Berlanti shows.

I confess... Unless the home stretch of FLASH on CW is just episode after episode amazing I am likely going to drop all the "super hero" DC TV shows all together because frankly, I'm just tired of the show undermining it's very likable lead and his main protagonist character so often, I'm tired of the "we know you guys will lap up anything so we aren't even trying" style of writing and I am really tired with arguing about the show with other super hero fans. Flash was my one life line to that side of DC adaptations but even it's getting to be as big a hot mess as the other Berlanti shows.
I was happy to see the show giving more smarts to Flash in the last few episodes, reminding us that he can be as capable a scientist and tactical superhero as he was shown analyzing the car tracks in the pilot episode.
And then came last week's episode with the crap of shoving his abilities under the rug again.

I was happy to see the show giving more smarts to Flash in the last few episodes, reminding us that he can be as capable a scientist and tactical superhero as he was shown analyzing the car tracks in the pilot episode.
And then came last week's episode with the crap of shoving his abilities under the rug again.

Oh, for me it's this little gem of writing:

Barry Allen has a nightmare about his girlfriend being killed by a Meta Human Villain whose powers can negate his own. So, what does he decide to do? He decides, for no rationale reason what so ever, to take his girlfriend to a stakeout for a Meta Human Villain whose powers can negate his own... ARE YOU KIDDING ME BERLATI!? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS?!! Really, I have to know Greg... How much contempt can you show to the show's audience before they understand that you and your writers just don't care about details, character's inherent dignity, consistency, good casting or believable dialog? I mean... We have a crew of people of whom 5 (Snow, Cisco, Barry, Harry, Jay) are all supposedly brilliant scientists... And not one of these geniuses said, "Barry... Putting your girlfriend into a situation where there's a possibility that even you with all your powers can't protect her is stupid in the most asinine way ever."

I'm sorry... But seeing 40 seconds of King Shark CGI SFX doesn't make up for such astounding stupidity of writing. Now if it were an occasional thing? Fine. Nothing is perfect... But so far this season like almost every episode has some jaw dropping stupid unnecessarily gumming up the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"