Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we took in some cats from an adoption outreach program. Really sad stories. Cats that had to be given up because their owners lost their home, or are put in a nursing home or didn't know they had allergies.

So we were going to pick up 2, but my wife fell in love with a kitten so now we have 3.

We have Cinders (named after Cinderella, wife's favorite), Revan (named after Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic) and we have Padme.
:up:

We got our cat when his owner (friend of my former roommate) was moving to an apartment that didn't allow pets. Totally stupid, but we have turned him into a spoiled baby cat (I keep joking I need to make a baby sling for him) and he is so happy with us. :yay:

Hopefully the other cats can keep the kitten entertained. When said roommate picked up a kitten, I swear that thing never slept. I actually took a photo the first time I saw the kitten sleep, after I had exhausted her with play. It was probably a few days after we had gotten her. :o

i couldn't breathe and it felt like my chest was caving in. after ekg's and xrays et al, i was told i have really bad inflammation/infection in my chest cartilage and especially around the walls of my heart. good times.

the meds are helping though. slowly, but helping.

I'm glad the meds are helping, and I wish you a full recovery. :)

I confess that I wish I knew Dutch, German, French, and Arabic.

Get Rosetta Stone. Expensive for sure, but worth it.

The only one that would help me is Arabic, but it sure would be nice to know those other languages. Maybe in College, I'll try to learn some of those languages.

I kinda like what Jaden Smith said about a book in a book store

I confess that it's hard for me to talk on the phone unless it's urgent.

I confess I cackled over some good schadenfreude, seeing how a jerk client who tricked me into doing free work for him last fall (and berated me in a voicemail for not doing it exactly the way he wanted and for not being at his beck and call WHEN I WAS AT WORK WHERE THEY PAY ME) is still looking for someone to redo his website.

Let's see, he's wanted to redo his website for a year, and hasn't found the perfect person to do the job. I wonder why. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

His gf (who doesn't know I know who she is, I have a great poker face when I see her at meetups) is trying to rope other naive designers onto his project on an industry mailing list. I thought about posting something catty in response, but I do have a sense of self-preservation. Hopefully others can read between the lines on this one. An auto-detailing business with nationwide potential where a designer can "grow with the company?" Yeah, surrrrre. :oldrazz:

:up:

We got our cat when his owner (friend of my former roommate) was moving to an apartment that didn't allow pets. Totally stupid, but we have turned him into a spoiled baby cat (I keep joking I need to make a baby sling for him) and he is so happy with us. :yay:

Hopefully the other cats can keep the kitten entertained. When said roommate picked up a kitten, I swear that thing never slept. I actually took a photo the first time I saw the kitten sleep, after I had exhausted her with play. It was probably a few days after we had gotten her. :o

The first day was the worst. All three freaked out after driving for 2 hours.

But they are getting slowly better.

Renamed the kitten Scarlett (Gone with the Wind and GI Joe).

Last edited:
The first date was the worst. All three freaked out after driving for 2 hours.

Dude, I just love your taste in names!!! :up:

The first day was the worst. All three freaked out after driving for 2 hours.

2 hours of driving is a long time for ANY cat! My cat starts yowling when you put him into the crate, and the vet was quite literally across the street. :funny:

Dude, I just love your taste in names!!! :up:
You can always tell what someone's into by the names they give their pets. I have friends with cats named Harley and Quinn, now joined by a dog named Indiana (Jones). There's another friend who named her cats Arwen and Eowyn.

I'm just surprised, Erz, after seeing a pic of your wedding cake, that not all three of them have Star Wars-related names. :funny:

My last cat was named Hoojibs.

The current dog her family has, was named Arwen.

It was also harder naming them because I didn't want to get to name all of them and also there are only a few cool female Star Wars names.

If one of them was male, I would of had more options.

Last edited:
I confess shifting to the Opera web browser for a while today
Before returning to Google chrome again

So we took in some cats from an adoption outreach program. Really sad stories. Cats that had to be given up because their owners lost their home, or are put in a nursing home or didn't know they had allergies.

Our cat Ash used to live with a bunch of other cats and dogs and supposedly got along with all of them good, but his owner was old and couldn't take care of the animals anymore, and Ash ended up with her daughter who had other cats that were mean to him. Ash was depressed and stopped eating, and the daughter got worried and ended up giving him to a shelter in Youngstown, where we adopted him from.

When we first got him he was skinny, but now he's fluffed up quite a bit.

ash_zps5300e4eb.jpg

^^^ That kitty is freaking adorable.

I confess that I find it hard to respond to people (in person or over the internet). Words don't come to me that easily and I'm really self-concious about not making sense or saying words wrong or using them incorrectly.

I am like, literally incapable of making small talk. I just freeze and don't know what to say.

I confess that confession is good for the Hype. Just had a fun half hour reading some of the past threads and confessions. I'm keeping a black book full of everyone's dirty secrets. ;)

I confess that confession is good for the Hype. Just had a fun half hour reading some of the past threads and confessions. I'm keeping a black book full of everyone's dirty secrets. ;)

Pfft. I've got absolutely nothing to hide. :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"