Superman Returns Costume Comparision Threads Merged

Thot said:
I'll say it again. Reeve just looks more like the classic, iconic Superman from the past several decades in the comics. His suit compliments his physique and his build is better that Routh's. His muscularity is more balanced. Routh's foam shoulders still look funny, they throw his build off. They should have left 'em alone. I still say Reeve's suit is better. I like Routh. I think he is a fine choice to play Supes, but , he's been bilked by the costume department. I wonder if he's pissed.:mad:
i agree the reeve part.

SCLJ said:
Reeve is taking the lead.

No. Reeve is leading based off of the FOS poll. Because of the thread merger that poll was kept and the new one that offered all the Superman actors poll has been lost. Routh was actually leading by 20 votes in that one too :down

If Routh was supposedly ahead in both polls, merged together, he'd still be ahead. Obviously, this is not so.

hey yo its sean said:
If Routh was supposedly ahead in both polls, merged together, he'd still be ahead. Obviously, this is not so.

Where did I say he was ahead in both polls? *think Mcfly!*

I said he was doing poorly in the FOS comparison pic poll. That's the current poll that is up. He made up ground being up by 20 or so in the other poll that was the new pic with the different Superman actors.

Hmmm, i must've misread your post, or misinterpreted it. Either way, you can take your snarky B2F comment and stick it in your ass.

Edit that comment out as it crosses the line. Got it?

Let me get this straight. You are going to make a comment like that based on me making a movie reference joke from you not understanding the post I read??? Wow. Anyways I find it offensive so remove it.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Well this thread merge just ruined the new poll entirely. Good going :rolleyes:

The result is the same. Reeve owns. ;)

Look at Routh's bar, and look at Reeve's bar, that tells you something. And you got that right Bad Superman.

JcDC, just forgot about the polls. It just we never seen Routh in the role yet. Plus, Reeve have play Supes 4 times & is so good in the role which is why many vote him more. Maybe if Routh do 4 Supes movies or maybe more (if that possible), then we can see who fans prefer more. Right now, I'm sticking with Reeve till I see how great Routh do with the part. Maybe seeing him more in the sequels could help too. :supes:

allsupermen2copy.jpg

Material: Routh
Look: Reeve, Alyn, Routh
Blue color: Routh/ Cain
Red color: Reeve, Cain
Trunks: Routh/ Cain
Belt: Routh
Boots: Routh / Reeves
Cape: Cain, Reeve, Routh-though with an \s/ it would of made it "that much" better imo
Collar ;) : they all win, though I think the more open collar is better
\S/ size: Reeve/ Routh-could've been slightly larger
\S/ design: to be honest, all of them look a bit off in some way to me

batman44 said:
Material: Routh
Look: Reeve, Alyn, Routh
Blue color: Routh/ Cain
Red color: Reeve, Cain
Trunks: Routh/ Cain
Belt: Routh
Boots: Routh / Reeves
Cape: Cain, Reeve, Routh-though with an \s/ it would of made it "that much" better imo
Collar ;) : they all win, though I think the more open collar is better
\S/ size: Reeve/ Routh-could've been slightly larger
\S/ design: to be honest, all of them look a bit off in some way to me

Trunks: Routh/Cain???? Cain's were o.k., but Routh's "Victoria Secrets"???
Nuh-uh.

Thot said:
Trunks: Routh/Cain???? Cain's were o.k., but Routh's "Victoria Secrets"???
Nuh-uh.

Thats what I was thinking those panties look like, Victoria Secret panties, and the hooker boots to go with them.

SCLJ said:
Thats what I was thinking those panties look like, Victoria Secret panties, and the hooker boots to go with them.

Actually, they're more like speedo & Reeve wore hooker boots. Not Routh. :p

It would be cool to have the Animated Superman in that montage.

Routh's still looks best to me :confused:

Though it should, it was made many years after the others.

I don't find it honest to compare the suit of C.Reeve on this pic with the other ones because it is a manipulated pic. The trunks isn't that good in the movies. I found two pics that show it almost normally because these are manipulated pics too.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/chris-reeve-movies4/Superman_III_0-tb.html
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/chris-reeve-movies4/quick-change-tb.html
Personally I think B.Routh's trunks are the best. Victoria secrets or not.
I liked a lot D. Cain's suit and I still like it a lot. The blue is a little too "royal" for me but I think it is the best. Less cheesy than C.Reeve's yet very comic book-ish.
I dislike G.Reeves and Kirk Alyn's suits. And I like the B.Routh's suit. My only "specification" is that I dislike the idea of a 3D symbol, I like the 2D symbol like Cain's, Reeve's, etc ...
The colors are fine for me in every incarnations of the suit. The comic book Superman colors can be variable and with a filter, without a filter, with this kind of light, without this kind of light, etc, etc ... the suit doesn't look the same in the movies, so ....

routh looks pathetic in that suit

with such a stupid high neckline and pathetic collar attachment,

possibly the worst collar attachment EVER on any superman costume,

it beggars belief how people can like it.

Reeve's costume has the proper neckline, his cape drapes over his shoulders like a king,

Rouths cape is just hanging off the top of his neck like a towel tucked in.

Absolutely awful, and it looks even worse on screen.

To top it off, rouths physique is simply not good enough. He barely has a chest,

All he did was a few months work on his arms and shoulders,and nothing more.

Reeve was built like a man, not like a swimmer like Routh.

He had a big chest, big arms, and a commanding presence. Routh in comparison had nothing, just big arms and shoulders and thats it.

And those weren't even true either, he had padding all over ! LOL

how sad can you get !

In actual fact, singer and mingenbach designed a costume tailored for a 50/50 audience.

50% for women to drool over his swimmers physique, and 50% for a gay audience as Singer intended.

Notice the women panties Routh was forced to wear, and the tight collar, and small s shield. It looked like a $10 costume from Wall mart more ideal for a bondage session rather than a 270 million budget film.

Not only that, people who say Routh's costume looks "more modern", when they look back in 10 years they will see that rouths costume will look even worse than it is now, it will look tasteless and even more fetish than it does now.

Reeve's costume, even now looks amazing, it looks perfect ! it looks exactly like the comics and it will never become dated, because the comic book superman has had the same costume for so many years!

Singers movie flopped, because the story sucked, the acting sucked, and the costume sucked.

I love it when people try to defend this movie, because it just smacks of stupidity and makes them look even more stupid than they are.

You saw how stupid Singer was, he couldn't justify anything when his movie flopped.

The movie bombed big time, and even a $65 million dollar budgeted cheapo film like 300 is going to bomb past 200 million at the box office.

Puts into perspective the failure that was superman returns,

Even howard the duck was better, at least it had a great soundtrack to it,
LOL

I'm personally glad that they didn't make a exact duplicate of the Donner suit, because that suit is just too outdated and bright to be visually appealing, but I'm also extremely disappointed at how bad the color of Superman have been disregarded in Superman Returns...

They could have revised the Reeve suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"