Superman Returns Costume Comparision Threads Merged

MatchesMalone said:
I have never seen more unsexy women than on Smallville. And it's not their looks.

First off, the girl playing Lana has three seasons of pastel pink blouses and jeans under her belt, and a disposition that would give cap'n crunch diabetes. Then, when she turns into a witch - let me repeat that, slowly - when she TURNS...INTO...A...WITCH... she tries to play off this sexy goth thing and it fails miserably. She has no idea how to be sexy or ****ty.

Chloe - don't even get me started. She reminds me of that girl from Cold Case - GET A DAMN HAIRCUT.

Lois - Here's where everybody says the girl is hot hot hot. She is built well. But the lines they feed her, and her "I'm a bad girl who makes lame Buffy jokes" thing just kills any normal sex drive I had left. It's just all so schlocky and lame.

Sorry. Reeve until I see Routh act.
Say what you like about Chloe and Lana but Erica Durance that plays Lois is one of the sexiest women on TV. She also nailed the part of Lois and she's about the character most like her comic book counterpart.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
Say what you like about Chloe and Lana but Erica Durance that plays Lois is one of the sexiest women on TV. She also nailed the part of Lois and she's about the character most like her comic book counterpart.

Diff'rent strokes to move the world.

And the last time I checked, Lois Lane didn't go around saying buffy-isms, and was a reporter all her life...

MatchesMalone said:
Wow dude, you're a bit more acerbic here than you are on the BoF forum. ;)
Hey Matches. Always nice to see a BOF'er around the net. I try to be honest everywhere I go. With this movie I just have more to complain about.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
Hey Matches. Always nice to see a BOF'er around the net. I try to be honest everywhere I go. With this movie I just have more to complain about.

No sweat. I don't mind honesty, preferably brutally so. Haven't been to BoF much lately, what's cooking over there?

skruloos said:
Or could it be because you've already seen Reeve as Superman? That might also have a lot to do with it. It's hard to look at it objectively without actually imagining Reeve's incredible performance.

while it may be a little part, I still look at the Superman from the comics and then Routh and don't get the feeling of Superman.

MatchesMalone said:
No sweat. I don't mind honesty, preferably brutally so. Haven't been to BoF much lately, what's cooking over there?
Endless Joker discussions and reports(now come with manips of the guy from the Matrix that nobody's sure can even act) on who may be up for the role. I still love the place though.

Bad Superman said:
Well once again, Reeve owned.

Routh: 40.15%

Reeve: 59.85%

I guess this'll keep going on until the numbers are "balanced". :rolleyes:

I ain't surprise about this. It just Reeve own the part like 4 times, while we haven't seen Routh at all. But I don't want to say one is better than the other. I prefer the 2 of 'em are different. Like Routh will do his own take on Supes than just copying Reeve completely.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
Endless Joker discussions and reports(now come with manips of the guy from the Matrix that nobody's sure can even act) on who may be up for the role. I still love the place though.

such is the post-excellent movie lull. When the DVD comes out, a resurgence of discussion of freeze frames, "what happened to stage 2", etc, will occur.

DrMylesOBoogie said:

Yeah, I've heard many Joker casting rumors too.

Hey, look - all the suits are different.

REVELATION PEOPLE

Looking at that shot, it's hit me for the very first time in my entire life how silly wearing the underpants outside the trousers is.

Routh has the best suit, but I wouldn't compare him with cain or Reeves or Reeve. I love Routh's voice, but I need to see the trailer before making judgment.

He sure as hell looks the part thought, especially in that news report when Routh is "picking up" that car.

Kevin Roegele said:
Looking at that shot, it's hit me for the very first time in my entire life how silly wearing the underpants outside the trousers is.

It does seem silly but it looks awful if you remove that part of the suit.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
allsupermen2copy.jpg

Christopher Reeve
Brandon Routh
Dean Cain
Kirk Alyn
George Reeves

Eh, they're all Superman to me. :up:

I think they all look good for the times in which they were made.

Cosmic said:
I think they all look good for the times in which they were made.

Well played. I was just watching the Kirk Alyan serial and I think his Clark Kent was really good. He looked pretty buff too for the standards back then. I think he had a really good look for the Superman of his time.

You know what part of it is? I think Routh is sticking out his pelvis more than his chest. Is anybody else noticing that? I'm not trying to be funny. Serious question.

newbrando said:
You know what part of it is? I think Routh is sticking out his pelvis more than his chest. Is anybody else noticing that? I'm not trying to be funny. Serious question.

No, I definately thought that before but was afraid to mention it for obvious reasons.

Showtime029 said:
No, I definately thought that before but was afraid to mention it for obvious reasons.
Thanks. At least I know I'm not nuts now.

Dean Cain looks terrible as Superman IMO, I can't believe I used to watch Lois & Clark. :o

Routh doesn't look too bad but the changes to the suit still bother me. So Chris Reeve all the way!

I agree that with Singer. With today's film technology (digital), I don't think tights would look good on screen. The suit they have is just fine, and the latexy leathery cape will flow great in the air, and when walking. And the suit looks more alien like it should look.

Well this thread merge just ruined the new poll entirely. Good going :rolleyes:

I'll say it again. Reeve just looks more like the classic, iconic Superman from the past several decades in the comics. His suit compliments his physique and his build is better that Routh's. His muscularity is more balanced. Routh's foam shoulders still look funny, they throw his build off. They should have left 'em alone. I still say Reeve's suit is better. I like Routh. I think he is a fine choice to play Supes, but , he's been bilked by the costume department. I wonder if he's pissed.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"