CW Presents: The Vampire Diaries - Part 1

I love tvtropes but I hate the whole Ho Hay/Les Hay thing. It seems that anytime 2 people of the same gender are close they automatically put them in the Ho Yay/Les Yay section

Don't hate the trope. Hate the shippers abusing it. :oldrazz:

The Vampire Diaries - Season 5 Promo
[YT]OMm11HhfjZ4[/YT]

That looks fun, I had to watch it with no sound here at work.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/03/fall-tv-spoilers-2013-shows-ncis/#!45/the-vampirediaries/
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

PREVIOUSLY ON... | Stefan -- who was revealed to be Silas' doppelganger -- was locked up at the bottom of the ocean, Elena chose Damon, Katherine became human and Bonnie resurrected Jeremy (but remained a ghost herself).

COMING UP NEXT | The new season picks up three months later, following a (relatively) quiet summer. But this is Mystic Falls, so peace doesn't stand a chance, particularly with Silas posing as Stefan. “We're going to explore this phenomenon of the doppelganger and how and why they exist in our mythology,” teases executive producer Caroline Dries, who also previews the arrival of a “legitimately Bigger Bad” down the road who is “scary and creates a new dynamic.” On the romance front, Elena and Damon's honeymoon period could be disrupted by her friendship with a fellow college student (played by Melrose Place's Shaun Sipos), while Caroline remains focused on Tyler even as she connects with upperclassman Jesse (Greek's Kendrick Sampson). Speaking of Tyler: While the EP won't reveal when the hybrid returns, she does promise it will be “in a very beautiful, appropriate moment” -- and with “a little bit of attitude” about needing Klaus' OK. Lastly, Bonnie and Jeremy experience some connectivity issues that not even AT&T MiFi can resolve. Explains Dries: “The external conflict is, 'I can't touch you,' and the internal conflict is, 'I actually have feelings for you, but I can't talk to you about it.'"

TVLINE BONUS SPOILER | Mystic Falls' favorite busboy is getting a juicy storyline following his return from Europe. “[Matt is] not a peripheral character this season,” teases Dries. “He really has an interesting, intriguing storyline this year. We are introduced to it briefly in the season premiere.”
Matt actually getting stuff to do? **** yeah, I'm there.

As long as he stays Human, I love that he is the only Human.

Have to say that I am not excited about this Bonnie/Jeremy storyline. That is one couple that never needed to happen.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/the-vampire-diaries-episode-501-i-know_12.html
The Vampire Diaries - Episode 5.01 - I Know What You Did Last Summer - Press Release
Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, September 12, 2013

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“I Know What You Did Last Summer” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

COLLEGE DAYS — After spending the summer enjoying her passionate relationship with Damon (Ian Somerhalder), and making sure that Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is adjusting after his return from the dead, Elena (Nina Dobrev) is thrilled to move into the dorm at nearby Whitmore College with her new roommate, Caroline (Candice Accola). Still believing that Bonnie (Kat Graham) has been traveling all summer and will soon join them, Elena and Caroline are surprised when a student named Megan (guest star Hayley Kiyoko) shows up and announces that she will be sharing their dorm room. Katherine (Nina Dobrev) makes an unexpected appearance at the Salvatore house and pleads with Damon to help her now that she is human and vulnerable to her enemies. Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) return to Mystic Falls after spending a wild summer in Europe, where they met a mysterious beauty named Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). Elena can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with Stefan (Paul Wesley), and Silas (Paul Wesley) makes a terrifying appearance at the “End of Summer” party in the town square. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#501).

They do that often with films/TV/music. Friday Night Bites, A Few Good Men, Let The Right One In, The Sun Also Rises, Smells Like Teen Spirit, All My Children, The Walking Dead...

http://tvline.com/2013/09/19/vampire-diaries-season-5-spoilers-damon-elena-silas-agenda/
Vampire Diaries Premiere: A Delena Romp, Matt's Sexy Summer, Silas' Agenda and 8 More Teasers
BY VLADA GELMAN

The screeners gods have gifted us with a look at The Vampire Diaries‘ Season 5 premiere, and we simply couldn’t keep to ourselves about Elena and Caroline’s “functional” college fresh start.

Here are 11 teasers about Elena and Damon’s summer of love, Silas’ mission, Matt’s wild times, Katherine’s blisters (yep!) and more.

• The episode is called “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” and we’ll find out what everyone’s been up during the period thanks to some back-and-forth emails between Bonnie (via Jeremy’s help) and Elena, who’s spent the three months getting hot-n-heavy with Damon every chance she got, it seems.

• Matt lost two important things during his very steamy summer abroad, one of which will cause trouble for him. Let’s just say executive producer Caroline Dries is making good on her promise that the busboy is not a peripheral character this season.

• Silas, who has his sights set one specific goal, doesn’t waste too much time pretending to be Stefan.

• Like Felicity and every college show ever, Elena and Caroline’s three-person dorm room is ridiculously large… and has its own bathroom!

• Yes, we said three-person room. Since unbeknownst to them Bonnie is dead, Elena and Caroline get a mysterious new roommate, and the blonde immediately doesn’t take a liking to her.

• Katherine may now be human, but rest assured she hasn’t lost any of her spark. Case in point: “I’m weak, and I’m slow. Do you have any idea what it’s like to run in heels? I have blisters.”

• Damon and Jeremy share a scene that may just make you forget about the time the vamp tried to kill Elena’s little bro and instead go, “Awww.”

• Tyler is MIA because, apparently, a wolf pack in Tennessee really needs his help.

• Although Elena is definitely with Damon, Stelena ‘shippers will still get a little something to tide them over.

• Bonnie’s scream during that scene from the Comic-Con sizzle reel is for a very horrifying reason.

• You know what puts a major damper on your first college rager? Not being able to enter the party because you need to be invited in. On the other hand, maybe that’s for the best….

• Bonnie’s scream during that scene from the Comic-Con sizzle reel is for a very horrifying reason.

pretty sure she screams because silas kills her father. you can see his body on the stage beside silas in one shot during the trailer.

How many episode do you think it will take until they recognize it's not Stefan? I'd want it to be at least 10 or more, but I imagine it'll be no more than 5

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/th...27.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The Vampire Diaries - Episode 5.03 - Original Sin - Press Release
Posted by BloodyMary at Friday, September 27, 2013

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Original Sin” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SECRETS OF THE PAST — When Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Katherine (Nina Dobrev) have the same dream that Stefan (Paul Wesley) is in danger and desperately needs their help, they convince Damon (Ian Somerhalder) to help them find Stefan. However, their plans are thwarted by a mysterious young woman named Tessa (guest star Janina Gavankar) who seems to know everything about Stefan's history. In flashbacks to a distant time and place, Tessa reveals the shocking secrets in her past and what she has planned for the future. She also has a disturbing message for Damon about his own future. Silas (Paul Wesley) forces an unwilling accomplice to help him search for Katherine, leading to a confusing and life-threatening situation for Matt (Zach Roerig). Finally, Silas reveals the reason he's determined to find Katherine, and Damon and Elena face a disturbing new reality. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor & Rebecca Sonnenshine (#503).

just finished rewatching season 4 in preparation for season 5. bring it on!

y'know, I am really vexed by this show's apparent inability to keep good secrets for long. Klaus in Tyler's body last season was a big disappointment for me, now Silas couldn't even wait 1 episode before outing himself to the main characters? I was really looking forward to seeing him play all of them for at least half the season, and now it's gone... This better pay off in major MAJOR dividends.

Loving evil Paul Wesley.

y'know, I am really vexed by this show's apparent inability to keep good secrets for long. Klaus in Tyler's body last season was a big disappointment for me, now Silas couldn't even wait 1 episode before outing himself to the main characters? I was really looking forward to seeing him play all of them for at least half the season, and now it's gone... This better pay off in major MAJOR dividends.

I dunno... I feel it's actually one of the show's major strengths. Far too often, shows tend to drag out these secrets and plot devices for too long, to the point it gets boring and frustrating to watch. Not to mention the characters start to look stupid for missing the blindingly obvious. But TVD often eschews this in favour of the plot constantly moving forward; often at breakneck speed, rather than developing (and milking) something for all it's worth.

This lends it to having a very different sense of pace and feel compared to other shows.

Good one last night. Katherine, you are so ****ed.

Amazing episode last night. Loved the doppelganger backstory. There were some great one-liners also. The one from Silas to Katherine was freaking hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"