CW Presents: The Vampire Diaries - Part 1

Super great episode. I hope we get more about how Silas survived.

Yeah I really enjoyed it. But I want to know where Stephens doppleganger is since another one should've been born when Katherine turned him. Unless it takes a certain amount of time between the death of one till the next gets born.

I hadn't thought about that but I think since the Salvatore bloodline ended with our Damon and Stefan a doppelganger may have not been born. I thought Elena was a descendant of Katerina, could be wrong.

There could be descendants out there. Remember, there was Zach in the first season.

I thought he was a fake cousin....

i don't think there necessarily needs to be descendents when magic is involved.

I think Stefan referred to him as Uncle for appearances, but he was like their distant nephew or something.

Yeah I just wiki'd it. I guess there could be a doppleganger out there.

The universe has been trying to get Elena/Stefan together for centuries and it was a byproduct of magic, I don't think their line ending would interfere with that. Seems a bit easy.

Reminds me of Hawkman/Hawkgirl in that episode of JLU.

Great episode last night. :up: The flashbacks were great although I can't get over how cheap ass the costumes and sets looked. :funny: I'm glad they didn't drag the whole "looking for Stefan" angle. Also, thank god Katherine never lost her sassiness even when she's already human.

i'm interested to see what they have planned for matt this season. also, in the second episode, it was kind of cool to see that he has to keep finding his body each time he gets killed.

i'm interested to see what they have planned for matt this season. also, in the second episode, it was kind of cool to see that he has to keep finding his body each time he gets killed.

I wonder if they expand on that and show how/why you get crazy/posessed the more you die. Just like what happened to Alaric.

The universe has been trying to get Elena/Stefan together for centuries and it was a byproduct of magic, I don't think their line ending would interfere with that. Seems a bit easy.

I mean it seems easy but isn't it always the easy and explainable things that muck up magic and stuff? I mean with Stefans "Uncle" dieing and it taking what we know was 400 years for the first doppleganger of just Katherine to show up, Stefan has only been a vampire for what 120 or so years and then his DISTANT cousin/uncle dies and theoretically ends his lineage, supposing he has no children, that effectively ends the bloodline of Silas and wouldn't allow for a Stefan doppleganger.

HUGE stretch but hey they have made bigger ones on this show.

You know Ive ben waiting for Bonnie to come back to life, but after this episode I kind of wish they would've just let her move on in the afterlife so the funeral scene would have an actual meaning and longing impact.

I'm not the type to hate on female characters but damn... Elena was more than annoying last night.

Interesting, I actually enjoyed her for the first time in a while.

Wouldn't the universe be trying to get Stefan and Katherine together? Or should there be another doppelgänger out there? I'm a little confused about that.

Wouldn't the universe be trying to get Stefan and Katherine together? Or should there be another doppelgänger out there? I'm a little confused about that.

I didn't even think about Stefan and Katherine. If those two haven't gotten back together by now then Elena and Damon should have nothing to worry about.

Well, in fairness, Katherine is a few hundred years older than the Salvatore brothers. Chances are she missed out on her doppelganger true love back in the 1500s.

looks like amara will be making a present day appearance in ep 7.

THE POWER OF DOPPLEGANGERS --- While Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) try to explain Amara's (Nina Dobrev) situation to Stefan (Paul Wesley), Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) gives Katherine (Nina Dobrev) some deeply disturbing news. Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) shows up at Caroline's (Candice Accola) dorm room, searching for Katherine. After a surprising conversation with Amara, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) share a glimmer of hope. Silas (Paul Wesley) fails to keep a promise, causing Damon to turn to Tessa (guest star Janina Gavankar) for help with his new plan, and Stefan makes a heartbreaking confession to Damon and Elena. Leslie Libman directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine (#507).

I didn't even think about Stefan and Katherine. If those two haven't gotten back together by now then Elena and Damon should have nothing to worry about.
Well, in fairness, Katherine is a few hundred years older than the Salvatore brothers. Chances are she missed out on her doppelganger true love back in the 1500s.

I think what the show is going for isn't that there is always a doppelganger of them every generation or at the exact same time but that fate would conspire and move mountains to bring them together; e.g. having Stefan turn into a vampire in order to live long enough to eventually meet Elena.

I don't know about that...since Katherine was around for Stefan so he shouldn't have had to turn into a vampire just to get to Elena. If anything I would think a human Stefan should've been around for human Elena since dopplegangers only come about once the previous one is "dead"

But Stefan has only been dead for 100 something years. Katherine had been deadfor about 400 before Elena showed up, but she had that kid before hand so I'm still sticking to my bloodline theory.

I don't think it matters which doppelgänger ends up with who as long as they're Silas/Amara doppelgängers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"