• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Did i miss something? Did they explain why they dug that giant hole and why they were blood draining those ppl, or was that intentionally left un-answered?

Also, the Stick torture scene with the bamboo sticks under the finger nails was cringe worthy.

Did i miss something? Did they explain why they dug that giant hole and why they were blood draining those ppl, or was that intentionally left un-answered?

Giant hole and the foreign organisms in the blood were unexplained. To me the blood draining seemed like it was part of the resurrection recipe, which begs the question - who was in the chamber before they put Elektra in there? Nobu was already up and about. Or maybe they use that to resurrect their henchmen too, since one of the ninjas from the hospital attack was a zombie.

Last edited:
If I didn't miss anything my explanations are as follows :

No detailed explanation was given for the big hole, only that is was part of something or the Hand was doing, maybe to cleanse the city ?

The blood was used to fuel the iron tank ( who was inside is a mystery ), you see that Elektra was put in the same iron tank at the end of the season.
I think it is a device used to resurrect people obviously.

She just started putting things together when she recognized that was the same soldier who died at the pier. Probably figured ex-military guys from the Colonel's unit + heroin from Middle East where they were deployed + Castle being targeted at the carousel = Colonel is now a suspect. Bit of a leap but they were rushing towards the end.

Not really a leap.

She knew Frank went after the Blacksmith because she was at the diner when he got the info. She figured the guys getting pulled out of the explosion were all Blacksmith's guys except for Frank. She then goes to Ray's house and sees the guy that got pulled out of the rubble in a picture with Frank and Ray. Obviously the guy wasn't working with Frank so she put it together.

Not really a leap.

She knew Frank went after the Blacksmith because she was at the diner when he got the info. She figured the guys getting pulled out of the explosion were all Blacksmith's guys except for Frank. She then goes to Ray's house and sees the guy that got pulled out of the rubble in a picture with Frank and Ray. Obviously the guy wasn't working with Frank so she put it together.

Not sure if we're meant to believe she recognized more than that 1 guy from the pier when she was looking at all those pictures in the Col's house, maybe she did but the show didn't seem to indicate that. Also just b/c 1 guy from the Col's unit worked for Blacksmith doesn't necessarily mean the Col was involved. Unless I'm missing another clue she picked up here. Maybe she was already in a paranoid state (given how many times she's been in danger this season lol) when she was at the house, and then the Col revealed himself. Regardless I've seen worst plot jumps from other shows, this one I didn't mind.

Not sure if we're meant to believe she recognized more than that 1 guy from the pier when she was looking at all those pictures in the Col's house, maybe she did but the show didn't seem to indicate that. Also just b/c 1 guy from the Col's unit worked for Blacksmith doesn't necessarily mean the Col was involved. Unless I'm missing another clue she picked up here. Maybe she was already in a paranoid state (given how many times she's been in danger this season lol) when she was at the house, and then the Col revealed himself. Regardless I've seen worst plot jumps from other shows, this one I didn't mind.

To be fair, the Colonel basically started giving himself away WHILE she was looking at the picture.

Oh yeah I forgot about this big hole! Yeah, that too. I'm thinking they save Those things for a Defender Series. Big Holes and Black Skies seem like formidable enough foes for the four together. Plus Punisher.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Not sure if we're meant to believe she recognized more than that 1 guy from the pier when she was looking at all those pictures in the Col's house, maybe she did but the show didn't seem to indicate that. .

Clearly you weren't paying attention or just forgot.

We are most definitely meant to believe she recognized the guy. Go back and watch the scene with Karen at the pier. They put the guy down right in front of her with his face visible and you see her looking down at him. Then go look at her face when she sees the picture of Frank and Ray with the guy in the hospital bed the camera pans right in the on guy in the picture with Frank and Ray out of the picture and then when it pans back to Karen it flashes back(Karen remembering) to the guy dead on the pier and then she starts putting it together that Ray must have something to do with the Blacksmith or is the Blacksmith and she tries to leave and then he basically admits it.

Last edited:

We are most definitely meant to believe she recognized the guy. Go back and watch the scene with Karen at the pier. They put the guy down right in front of her with his face visible and you see her looking down at him. Then go look at her face when she sees the picture of Frank and Ray with the guy in the hospital bed the camera pans right in the on guy in the picture with Frank and Ray out of the picture and then when it pans back to Karen it flashes back(Karen remembering) to the guy dead on the pier and then she starts putting it together that Ray must have something to do with the Blacksmith or is the Blacksmith and she tries to leave and then he basically admits it.
That scene actually bothered me because the guy in the photo had the left side of his face bandages, but I could've swore when she thought back to it, it was his right side that was scarred. It completely took me out of the moment.

Damn Dasher! I'm going to come back and read this later, but love the passion.

You're welcome. Don't forget to bookmark. I took what we know that we're going to get for Season 3 (Born Again and Gladiator) and added my ideas for Bullseye, Mary Walker and Buck Cashman since I don't feel like Will Simpson should be the only assassin that Kingpin has lying around in Born Again for 13 episodes and I'd like Season 3 to be a bit more villain focused and with Gao likely to change series to Iron Fist and Nobu, Owl and the Russians dead and Fisk needs a bigger supporting cast, particularly since Vanessa needs to be taken off the table for a good while and Mary can serve as Wilson's new love interest.

As far as characterizations go. Typhoid should be brutal but happy go lucky and seem like she doesn't think too much about hurting people since it's just what she does. She's often quite personable and even funny when not hurting people. She's capable of Love and really does care for Wilson and can't bear to see anything bad happen to him after he lost Vanessa. The Mary Walker persona should be shy and submissive which is everything that Typhoid isn't. She doesn't take risks or crack jokes and seems like she's scared by normal everyday things. She's not so much loyal as much as she gets attached to people because she wants them to take care of her. Ultimately, Typhoid is scared of Mary Walker until they merge into a new dominant personality.

Buck Cashman is an assassin but struggles with the morality of it. He also really doesn't want Lance to follow in his footsteps and wants to protect him. The doomsday shelter is mostly so Lance doesn't have to be exposed to anything that Buck brings home.

Larry is a very aggressive prosecutor for the DA. He ultimately detests vigilantes as much as he does criminals and says that the Avengers need to be behind bars, particularly Ant-Man and Hulk. He enjoys making criminals deeply afraid when he confronts them. He won't go bad this season but there's enough anger and malice in him and he's enough of a bully that you can see him as somebody who'll eventually become a villain.

Maya should be deaf so she won't talk but she'll write notes and use sign language. She's more of an obstacle than a villain since she believes that Matt killed her father instead of Fisk. Her backstory is touched on and shown in a flashback but since she's part of a whole (pun intended), we do see what makes her tick with the hope that she'll show up again with the Avengers or Defenders, possibly Moon Knight if that ever gets off the ground. I can't see her still appearing with Daredevil since she knows that Matt didn't kill her father but once she puts on the Ronin mask, she's driven to make sure that what happened to her doesn't happen to anyone else.

Eric Slaughter is a mob boss who is really only interested in winning. He doesn't know when to lay low and keeps trying to go out swinging. His whole worldview is that if he's going down, he should at least bring down others with him so that he isn't the only loser and that sets the stage for Born Again.

Carl Burbank is meant to just be a bad guy with a gun for an arm below his elbow. It doesn't really matter how he's portrayed since he's a minor character who exists to be eventually killed off. He's not all that interesting in the comics but he just has a gun for an arm so he seems like he's cool.

Bullseye's entire purpose revolves around Father Lantom's speech in Season 1 about how he began to believe in the devil. He has no redeeming values and lashes out at innocent people when he doesn't get his way. If Kingpin is, "a child and a monster" then Bullseye is an overgrown teenager who's just angry all the time. He's rude, he curses, he genuinely doesn't respect Fisk like Buck and Typhoid do and when the conversation changes to anything that isn't strictly business, he leaves the room. Literally the only thing keeping Bullseye loyal to Fisk is the fact that he's being paid. He enjoys killing. He enjoys torture. When he's in Fisk's office, he's busy doing things like sharpening pencils and inspecting scissors to see if they're rusted enough to use as a weapon because he's constantly looking for sharp objects to use as weapons so he's always a step away from killing anyone and everyone around him. I want him to have no redeeming values and just be the biggest jerk that anyone can imagine so whenever Daredevil beats him up, the audience cheers. If he comes across as in any way likable, I don't feel like it'll be Bullseye since his main defining characteristic is how mean and detestable he is.

A Black Sky is somebody who possesses the ability to be possessed by The Beast.

The Chaste are an order of good ninjas that Stick, Matt and Elektra are part of.

The hole in the ground and Elektra's resurrection are likely to be saved for Defenders.

Who was in the coffin after Nobo and before Elektra? That's probably Ken Wind who'll go on to be a Senator and eventually succeed President Ellis. He probably won't appear unless Elektra gets her own series so expect this plot hole to be unresolved for years.

Clearly you have reading comprehension difficulties. I said MORE than that 1 guy, as in her recognizing OTHER guys in the wall pics besides that 1 stiff from the pier. Check your tone next time.

She recognized only one man, the dead man at the pier when looking at the picture of Frank, the Colonel standing beside the guy on a med bed.

Karen Page. I liked her in Season 1 but in this show she's just everywhere, too involved in all stories inexplicably, and too emotional all the time. She's the Felicity Smoak of the show. Even one of the Police comments on it as a joke in the end episodes (As if he can talk, he's the only policeman that seems to respond to anything himself)
It didn't feel that way to me, she kept digging and following the punisher, obviously danger would follow her

Foggy I like the actor, and it's a fun character, but his constant moaning at Matt is boring now. Even Matt's bored of it. It's just annoying having him lecture Matt on his priorities and for thinking about himself when Matts out at night risking his life to fight armies of ninjas.
I think Foggy was justified in his moanings, Foggy doesn't know **** about Ninjas, it doesn't help that Matt doesn't tell him anything, plus the Ninjas never felt like danger, like Foggy says, Matt invents crime himself
Foggy has all right to moan when Matt drags him into the Frank Castle case against his will then completely abondons him to do all the work himself, misses the opening statement leaving Foggy to embarrass himself infront of the whole world

I agree with the rest of your problems

I didn't like how they started referencing Matt as DD in the last two eps when they never used the name before. Came out of nowhere.

Otherwise this season was solid. I agree that it isn't as focused as S1, but it was still great. The fighting was even better (and I contest that the films still need to step up their game to match the level of this show) and more brutal. I literally cringed when Punisher stabbed that guy in the balls in the jail fight. The Hand/Caste stuff was a bit confusing, so I'll have to rewatch to pick up on/clear up some things.

Daredevil was used as a name earlier in the season too

Clearly you have reading comprehension difficulties. I said MORE than that 1 guy, as in her recognizing OTHER guys in the wall pics besides that 1 stiff from the pier. Check your tone next time.

pretty sure she only recognized the blonde headed guy..as that is the body she saw at the Pier

Maybe I missed something but was
the army guy(Frank's superior) the Blacksmith?

Yes, Castle and Page figure it out when they see one of Castle and Colonel's war buddies as the Blacksmith's underling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"