• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

pretty sure she only recognized the blonde headed guy..as that is the body she saw at the Pier

Dude... please read the back and forth first, quoting that by itself is completely out of context. We're on the same page here.

Please, let that be the end of it.

Well, maybe you two can go spar at Fogwell's Gym or something. I don't know.

I'm over it and moving on, don't worry about me.

Should mods be encouraging physical altercations in fictional locations btw? :cwink:

Last edited:
Depends on the cut of the action we get.

Depends on the cut of the action we get.

Yeah nobody's gonna pay to see this
nerd-fight-gif.gif

Yes, Castle and Page figure it out when they see one of Castle and Colonel's war buddies as the Blacksmith's underling.

I kind of figured that but wasn't sure. If you go to other websites, a lot of people think it isn't and that it's Marvel building to something big that involves the Defenders. I thought whatever that big hole was would be what gets the Defenders together.

I kind of figured that but wasn't sure. If you go to other websites, a lot of people think it isn't and that it's Marvel building to something big that involves the Defenders. I thought whatever that big hole was would be what gets the Defenders together.

The Defenders is going to be 8 episodes of the heroes doing community service and filling that damn hole in. :o

Anybody else hoping they save their big fight scene (hallway fight; stairwell fight) for the end season 3?

I loved both fights but it always seems everything else after that is kind of a letdown lol.

Feel like they need to save their biggest gun for the finale. Although the Punisher jail fight might've rivaled DD's fight from episode 3

Anyone else slightly disappointed that Avengers Tower was never in the skyline of any shot?

My Review:

Some of the storylines got a little convoluted, Punisher's origin a bit muddied, and pacing at times kind of wobbled, but overall it was a very pleasing and entertaining second season.

I watched 6 episodes on Friday, another six on Saturday and wrapped everything up on Sunday morning. The show is so addictive and whether it be Charlie Cox, Deborah Woll, Jon Bernthal, or Vincent D'Onofrio, they're all enthralling to watch; Jon especially being the standout. I was amazed and yet at times saddened by his portrayal of Frank Castle. The movies, outside of the Thomas Jane film, never really got to show Frank from all sides and angles. But Jon's take made him probably the most believable and realistic-version of all. He had to had studied, talked to, and watched post-war veterans picking up their pacing, their tonal shifts, their ticks, and mannerisms. And when he was unleashed... he was like a rabid pit bull meets Travis Bickle from "Taxi Driver"--- an unhinged, unpredictable, violent, and resourceful S.O.B.

Elodie Young as Elektra I felt was good but I didn't want her to die in the finale (mostly because I wanted Bullseye to do it) but I understand why they did it to fit with the story they were telling. Their love, like Matt and Karen's love, felt real which is surprising because a lot of the time with the Marvel films, the love story and main villains are the weakest spots. Unfortunately, her death was predictable as say Gwen's death in "Amazing Spider-Man 2." You knew it was coming but by who or when. When it did happen, it was still impactful but not to say as it could've been if Bullseye was the one to do it. Plus, I wish Elektra sported her red duds. Don't get me wrong I liked that her costume matched somewhat with the Hand's, but her costume in the comics... exhilarating.

Which brings me to my final point: Bullseye and Gladiator need to be in the 3rd season. Fisk needs to be out of jail. Elektra needs to come back but brainwashed by the Hand and Matt will have to put her down for good. Matt and Karen date. Matt and Foggy reassemble their law office. Finally, Punisher gets his own solo show and the Defenders start popping up or cameoing in the other Netflix shows. If the bricks are laid and the world is being built, let's start seeing more of the foundation come together.

Overall, I give it an 8.5/9 out of 10.

I felt last season was stronger and was clearly a 9.5/10 out of 10, but perhaps if I watched this season over again, it might jump higher.

Anyone else slightly disappointed that Avengers Tower was never in the skyline of any shot?

I didn't really miss it, but you would think that they'd have thrown it in at least a couple of shots at this point. At least it did show up in the framed newspaper at the Bulletin offices.

Overall, I liked this season more than the first. It just felt more comicbooky and thus, more entertaining.

Just finally watched it all, took longer than I expected to finish it but real life got in the way.
That being said I think this not only belongs in the conversation as one of the best things Marvel has ever produced but one of the best comic book adaptions period. I'm insanely pleased with where this show went.

Kinda wish they'd [BLACKOUT]saved Elektra's death for next season,[/BLACKOUT] but not surprised that they did it the way they did.

They are setting her up as Nobu's replacement in Season 3.

They are also setting things up for Fisk's return and maybe hiring someone to give Matt a headache.

The encounter between Fisk and Matt in the jail rivals the interrogation scene in TDK with Batman and Joker, but that's just me.

Just finished the second season. Loved it, absolutely loved it. The ending was a bit weak, but overall it was for me one of the finest seasons of television I have enjoyed. I don't care about the Defenders, just give me season 3 of Daredevil.

I honestly don't want the avengers or anything outside of the netflixverse to be much of anything with daredevil. Really dont care to see the avengers tower or whatever... keep them completely separate IMO.

fave scenes of s2.

1. Matt's visit to cell blk d for fisk
Its intense!

2. Dd stairway fight in ep3. love that smile matt gave after he pulled the trigger.

Elodie Young as Elektra I felt was good but I didn't want her to die in the finale (mostly because I wanted Bullseye to do it) but I understand why they did it to fit with the story they were telling.

Just a thought on Bullseye/Elektra.

I'm guessing, be it next season, or the one after, that they'll bring in bullseye and he'll kill Karen. They've already killed off the owl on this show, and I don't think they'll kill off Elektra again. So if they want to give Bullseye his iconic killing, and have it still make him super hated by Matt, Karen seems like the logical step.

Just a thought on Bullseye/Elektra.

I'm guessing, be it next season, or the one after, that they'll bring in bullseye and he'll kill Karen. They've already killed off the owl on this show, and I don't think they'll kill off Elektra again. So if they want to give Bullseye his iconic killing, and have it still make him super hated by Matt, Karen seems like the logical step.

It would make total sense for Bullseye to kill Karen.

In the last 2 seasons she's repeatedly put herself in harm's way and survived. Luck's got to run out sometime...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"