DC/Marvel Hero Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
steelf.jpg

STEEL

VS

warmachine.jpg

War Machine

War Machine has more capabilities and weapons in his armor.

We have a sledgehammer against guns...LOTS of guns and big 'uns too...

War Machine

:bh:

Hey, Steel's way more intelligent nd the Hammer? Well it's computer guided and seeks out weak points in opponents. It also hits harder the longer it travels and is damn hard to evade.

5-1 War Machine

...Steel. I think. Probably. Rhodey has a slight edge in raw power, but John could probably figure out that armor of his in an instant or two, and all of a sudden it becomes less a matter of raw power than it is a matter of tech-fu.

Y'think Irons simply works with nuts and bolts? He "fastens" the entire JLA Watchtower, with its teleporters, nanotech, and alien science.

None of that Iron's know-how seems relevant in this bout, though, and seeing as how the Steel suit has to go toe-to-toe against the War Machine armor, I still vote WM.

...Steel. I think. Probably. Rhodey has a slight edge in raw power, but John could probably figure out that armor of his in an instant or two, and all of a sudden it becomes less a matter of raw power than it is a matter of tech-fu.

This is what I was talking about.

Irons is already smarter than Rhodey AND the hammer seeks out weaknesses. That's a bad combo for anyone wearing tech. BUT Stark Tech is in another universe and it's composition would be alien to Henry, hell, he might even have some components that don't exist in the DC universe. So it won't be easy to figure.

On the other hand, Rhodey's armor is VERY sophisticated, has it's own systems that can recognize weak points, AND probably has a better targeting computer than Irons. Not to mention more firepower.

So does Iron's hammer pack more of a punch than Rhodey's explosives?

6-2 War Machine

This is what I was talking about.

Irons is already smarter than Rhodey AND the hammer seeks out weaknesses. That's a bad combo for anyone wearing tech.

On the other hand, Rhodey's armor is VERY sophisticated, has it's own systems that can recognize weak points, AND probably has a better targeting computer than Irons. Not to mention more firepower.

So does Iron's hammer pack more of a punch than Rhodey's explosives?

6-2 War Machine

Really? Did not know that at all. I'll retract my vote and resubmit it after researching a bit more.

Then the question is whether or not Stark's electronic counter measures can jam the hammers guidance and weakness seeking functions.

Okay, did some reading. It seems to be that Steel is smarter, and with his armor, he's probably stronger (since he subbed in for Superman for a time). However, Rhodey is wearing Stark armor (arguably the best powered armor in comics) with superior firepower, and likely superior speed.

Honestly, I think it all comes down to the men behind the armor, Irons is smarter and definitely has greater "tech fu", but Rhodey has been in the superhero game longer and has military training, which I'd say gives him a tactical edge. Six times out of ten, Rhodes comes out on top, but it's a close fight.

I'm going to keep my vote for War Machine, although for different reasoning.

Hey, as long as a debate on ability ends in something sensible (i.e. research, careful thought) it doesn't matter if you change the vote or not to me.

It's a damn close match either way.

Surfer: The same thing I said regarding Irons applies to Rhodey, they may be components that don't exist in the MU that exist in Irons. And the composition is as alien to Rhodey as it is to Irons, with the added negative that Rhodey isn't nearly as intelligent or tech saavy.

6-2 War Machine

This to me comes down to how ruthless Rhodey can be... because the longer this fight draws out the better chance Steel has. With prep-time this bout is Steel's, without its a question of how fast he can figure out any perceived weaknesses in the War Machine armour (again, Steel deals with alien tech on the frickin' Watchtower for God's sake... the Stark tech in the War Machine armour is human tech... human tech designed for someone who's hardly the most tech-savvy guy in the world - Steel would pick that s*** apart like he was rockin' an iPod) and staying out of trouble long enough to try and find a way to exploit those weaknesses (the hard part).

Out of ten bouts Steel would undoubtedly get his shots in and win about half, but I'm going to go with my thoughts that Rhodey would just say "F*** it" and unload on him with everything he's got early on in the piece to limit casualties - Patton-style (hey, dude's got a military mind) and I think he's got more than enough firepower if he's looking to overwhelm just (as in singular... not needing to conserve his arsenal for other things - don't read this as contempt for his opponent) Steel.

So War Machine.

Hey, Steel's way more intelligent nd the Hammer? Well it's computer guided and seeks out weak points in opponents. It also hits harder the longer it travels and is damn hard to evade.

5-1 War Machine

Ok..I forgot about Steel's intelligence, he is undoubtably the more intelligent between the two, but I'm still pickin' Rhodey in this fight. As was mentioned earlier, I think if he/his armor could detect what the hammer & suit is capable of, I don't think he'd have a problem with not holding back against Steel, and would likely blow the bejusus outta him.

Still pickin' the War Machine...

To me this is a battle of brains. I think that Steel's armor is strong enough to go head to head with the WM armor for a time. The battle will be decided by who "figures out" their opponent first. Steel wins, but he has to work for it.

I'm gonna go with War Machine. I like Steel and I think he's smart enough to figure out whatever derivation of StarkTech Rhodey's suit runs on (since it's not precisely StarkTech, as noted in Secret Invasion), but I don't think he'd have enough time to do so with Rhodey launching everything that's ever been capable of exploding at him.

I'll go with Irons in a close match.

Rhodey blows away Irons' excess brain cells with a 9-4 shutdown for the title of ''War Machine".

War Machine. Reading his new series he is sick. I remember he got blown up and then combined with a tank. Then got ripped of the tank then combined with a fighter jet.

I just think with sheer firepower Rhodey would win this.

krypto.jpg

Krypto

VS

705491-lobo_the_duck_super.jpg

Lobo The Duck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics