Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

1. 007 Registered

I agree, I dont think much of any of the first 3 x men, I know 3 isnt his, but I think he did a lot better in DOFP.

2. LoganGambit87 Registered

its got a 83% on RT its on par with the score the first one got so i wouldn't say its getting mauled by critics

3. Havok83 Registered

I had no clue Rusty was going to be in this and it saddens me that thsi version will be the most known intepretation of the character. I liked him in the books but Marvel never really did much with him

4. 007 Registered

The kid was hilarious

5. Legion Registered

I thought I also saw Juggernaut getting up out of the pool as everyone was walking away.

6. Legion Registered

Did the X-Force scene remind anyone else of a scene from MacGruber? I googled it and I see several articles mention that film as well.

7. Brutikus Pax per Tyrannidem

[YT]4h2qg4f3CJA[/YT]

8. FaceItTiger74 Registered

Okay, has anyone talked about how the writers have completely wasted Vanessa's character? In the comics, she was an accomplished mercenary in her own right in addition to having super cool powers. In the films, she has been reduced to a plot device, functioning as Wade's moral compass. I truly hope that she gets her powers in the sequel so that she and Wade can team up as a battle couple. But given the direction that the writers are taking her character in, probably not.

#333 FaceItTiger74, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  9. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

They're not gonna do that. They already got several chicks with powers.

10. TheVileOne Registered

Yeah kinda. It was done a lot differently, but you know rounding up a whole team of badasses, and then they all hilariously die right before the big mission. Sort of similar.

11. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Nah Vanessa has been used well in both films, giving us a great romance in the first and a reason for us to care about DP's plight in the second. Giving her super powers really wouldnt add anything and her being human grounds DP a little bit, as much as a crazy, 4th wall breaking, R rated comedy can be grounded.

She's been a good character and if she does come back keep her as she is I would say.

12. -JKR- Registered

This ^

I agree 100%!

13. HBarnill Registered

I've posted this around and I apologize if it's annoying. I just want some opinions on this:

[​IMG]

Is that an Outlaw easter egg?

[​IMG]

14. CaptainWagner Not Today

I noticed that too. I'd say it's definitely Outlaw.

15. eon001 Registered

Dupinder should replace TJ Millers character as the merc bar manager. I doubt Miller will be back. This will be a good opportunity to evolve the character and shake off the submissive "fresh off the boat" Indian cliche.

16. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah, I don't think TJ Miller will be in anything for a while. He's still apparently performing stand up though. I was in San Diego a few weeks ago and I saw his name on a marquee.

17. Speed Force Quips and thwips

I liked her role in the first one but I was disappointed they killed her like that so early in this one.

I don't wanna see her get powers or be a mercenary too though.

18. eon001 Registered

You know there was a line in the Deadpool 1 trailer that had Vanessa standing up to Ajax saying something to the effect of "I'm no Damsel".

It seemed like they were setting her up to kick a bit of ass, but she turned into a generic Damsel.

19. HBarnill Registered

If my memory serves me, I think that was going to be after Wade showed off his FRANCIS spelling to him.

20. eon001 Registered

Found it.
    "I've played alot of roles. Damsel in distress is not one of them"
    2:07
    [YT]Rz4AqfIAqnY[/YT]

Yea it seemed like they may have had more planned for her. I think they could give Vanessa her powers and just explain her reason for not using them in the earlier films as "Deadpool logic".

I think it would be funny if Vanessa is actually a hideous lady that has hypnotized herself into staying in her sexy form. They can remove her mental block and start accessing her powers. Wade has to re-learn to fall in love with a Vanessa that looks like Princess Fiona lol.

21. HBarnill Registered

Yeah and watching that part in the film, with that knowledge, you can tell they cut that out in between those frames.

22. -JKR- Registered

Except they didn't, considering how she stabbed Ajax at the end.

23. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think the issue is more of whether she holds Deadpool back.

Ryan has spoke about the issue of making a Deadpool 3 saying you can't keep taking everything away from him to get him into certain positions and i don't think they want to lose the Vanessa character either.

I think this is often one of the issues with love interests. first movies usually work the best for them but sequels have a harder time finding something new to do with them.

24. -JKR- Registered

I don't think that making anything interesting with her was the problem. It's just that Deadpool is a tragic character, and Ryan Reynolds ain't wrong, he works better when everything is taken from him.

It happens constantly to him in the comics. His love interests have all either died or dumped him. He's the ultimate underdog, constantly looking for happiness.

Honestly, I didn't have any problems with Vanessa dying in the first act. It wasn't gratitious, it made sense from a narrative point of view, and it was handled beautifully with Wade trying to get back to her in the afterlife. They definitely didn't get rid of her for the sake of it, but kept her as a constant and very important element throughout the movie.

#349 -JKR-, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  25. eon001 Registered

I believe there is truth to that. But what does that mean for the future of the Vanessa character?

They originally planned for Vanessa to leave him instead of getting shot. I think in Deadpool 3 they'll revisit that and maybe just have DP recovering from there break up, or Deadpool leave her because his line of work is putting her in danger.