Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

My favorite joke in the movie.

"Black Tom Cassidy"
"White Wade Wilson"

Just got back and wow, really enjoyed that. One thing was nagging at me until I went online to see if it was him and yeah, when I first saw that cereal kid, my thought was 'Wait...is that the kid from Legion?'

And it was. Nice little addition there.

Also, need to find a way to use 'Black Black Widow' in conversation next time I attend a cosplay convention.

Now that time travel is fully in play, let them kill off everyone. In Deadpool's sandbox, it'll be played up for laughs so they can just hand wave it off. In X-Force, which will be Cable-led, I'm sure things will be more straight faced. Reese/Wernick don't even seem to be writing it with Goddard there. (They are creatively involved however)

Enjoyed the movie a ton. Hope they bring back Shatterstar, only because he's slightly more entrenched in X-Force, but Bedlam/Zeitgeist can kick the can. But it's also not the highest priority, as I'd much rather get more Cable/Dom.

This movie did really made me think about Jim Mangold and how he talked about how much more screentime you can provide in a film when you have less characters. The film did its best to focus on who really mattered, but you could tell it was a juggling act with all the gags they had to put in.

Loved using "Don't be what they made you." A fabulous easter egg. The Dark Phoenix cast cameo was awesome as well. They're there Wade, they're just hiding from you!

The jokes weren't as good this time though. Maybe Ryan and co. chose the less funnier ones or something. Funny enough the best ones were with Wade and not Deadpool - Wade in prision, Wade regenerating his legs...though the taxi ride to Essex was very good this time again.

Last edited:
I thought it was great. Was able to enjoy it more than the first one because with the first one I was just disappointed with how the character of Deadpool never seemed to take anything serious and was always joking. I was not familiar with the character at all.

With DP2 I was expecting it so it was easier to gulp down. Some scenes had me crying of laughter like the X-Force plane scene or Cable emptying his gun on Deadpool and Deadpool "blocking" the bullets with his swords.

Can't forget about the post credits scenes with him killing Wolverine Origins Deadpool and young Ryan Reynold with the Green Lantern script. These were laugh out loud moments for me and I really didn't have any of those with the first Deadpool.

and Deadpool 2 gets the "universe" better than Singer ever did
No it doesn't.

PS
If Shatterstar doesn't back, then definitely Gamora shouldn't back. She was just killed, not ashed like other at end of Avengers 3 movie.

No it doesn't.

PS
If Shatterstar doesn't back, then definitely Gamora shouldn't back. She was just killed, not ashed like other at end of Avengers 3 movie.

Hey I like DOFP better than the Deadpool movies. I just think it gets the universe is kind of big and a little crazy better, same with First Class for that matter. Singer's movies are always very somber. I like that for the political allegory, but there are other elements to it too that I think Deadpool is wisely seizing on.

As for Gamora: It's Marvel Studios. They're never killing off bankable IP permanently.

Can we keep the spoilers for other movies out of this thread please?

My gf and I thought Juggernaut was great and looked realistic. She thought Colossus looked fake. Great to see my favourite Mutant outside of DP done justice.

I thought he looked sick and "finally" comic-accurate in size. Love that it turned out the early screening review of him dying was false, since Colossus says "we better get out of here before '****ernaut' wakes up" :woot:.

Anyone notice that he was wearing a mutant suppressor as well? Maybe that's the only reason that could even subdue him?

Can we keep the spoilers for other movies out of this thread please?

I mean sure but... is there really anyone in this entire board who hasn't seen Infinity War yet but has seen Deadpool 2? One's been out for three weeks and has grossed $1.8 billion. The other just opened this weekend. I think we're safe. ;)

Just got back and wow, really enjoyed that. One thing was nagging at me until I went online to see if it was him and yeah, when I first saw that cereal kid, my thought was 'Wait...is that the kid from Legion?'

And it was. Nice little addition there.

I know I'm not the only one! :oldrazz:

Saw it, didn't like it as much as the first one. I think the jokes are sometimes cringey and too obscure that audiences outside America would find it lame. Some of them I find not one bit funny, just a normal mention about other Marvel movies (for instance he reused Widow's line in Age of Ultron and called Dopinder a Brown Panther)

The pacing is not really good. The set up took too long but the final sequence is kind of unsatisfying.

The character is not outstanding as the first one. I love Colossus and Negasonic in DP 1. Here they feel like... just there, come and go. I expected a lot more from Cable but he's decent enough

And OMG the CGI is completely off. Juggernaut is not good, the chase sequence and Cable jumping to the front car looked quite cheap.

But the cameo, easter eggs and credits are outstanding, just fantastic. The writing I find much more ambitious than the first one, but not necessaryly better.

Overall, a more hearted movie, yet nowhere near as good as the first one. A solid 6.5/10 for me.

I mean sure but... is there really anyone in this entire board who hasn't seen Infinity War yet but has seen Deadpool 2? One's been out for three weeks and has grossed $1.8 billion. The other just opened this weekend. I think we're safe. ;)

I haven't, so you thought wrong.

Was I the only one who gets remembered About the symbiote Deadpool with his ashed costume? :)

Ryan owns that character he truly does but I was underwhelmed by the movie didn't like that they killed Vanessa so early and that he was moody through out the rest of the movie cause of it and while funny hated how they had x-force just to be joke for wade Domino was great so was Colossus but a complete non-factor was Negosonic and her Girl only
show up at end to Kill off Juggernaut in a cringy way HATED how that went
down that's 2x now they had Juggernaut in these foxverse movies and 2x was wasted

Ryan owns that character he truly does but I was underwhelmed by the movie didn't like that they killed Vanessa so early and that he was moody through out the rest of the movie cause of it and while funny hated how they had x-force just to be joke for wade Domino was great so was Colossus but a complete non-factor was Negosonic and her Girl only
down that's 2x now they had Juggernaut in these foxverse movies and 2x was wasted

Juggernaut was not killed off.. Colossus mentioned at the end, "let's leave before f u c k e r naut wakes up". He also wasn't wearing his armour so it's a possible temporary solution to subdue him, which is all they did.

He didn't die. I missed it myself but apparently many people saw him climbing out of the pool.

Did I miss or was there no Stan Lee cameo?

I haven't seen Infinity War, though already spoiled myself since I'll see it on home release anyway. Heck, Deadpool 2 is the first and only film I've seen in a movie theater in 2018 thus far.

Juggernaut was not killed off.. Colossus mentioned at the end, "let's leave before f u c k e r naut wakes up". He also wasn't wearing his armour so it's a possible temporary solution to subdue him, which is all they did.

I totally missed that line I was so deflated after that battle lol

so yeah hopefully I get to see him done justice on of these days

Saw it last night and ****ing loved it, every bit. I’m amazed it’s getting a mauling from critics

Also how in the hell do you make take on me on of the most heart pulling romantic songs ever:woot:

saw it last night, primary thing was that i thought it was just as funny as the first, which is all i wanted.

I felt the story line was slightly better, but I get what someone said in regards to it lacking an antagonist. That was lacking.

Also felt they did juggernaut justice here. was a pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"