Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

1. GuestStar2004 Registered

I don't think there was anything wrong with saving Vanessa at the end. although they probably should just have made that the ending rather than go through that emotion bit between her and wade with her saying it wasn't his time yet and then in the credits she is saved anyway

2. fobi Registered

You're thinking wayy to deep for what was meant to be a gag. Lol.

3. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

It's all part of the meta gag, obviously.

4. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Exactly!

5. Dave McFly ZATANNA!!

I loved the nicknames DP gave Cable like one eyed willy and thanos LOL

6. DACrowe Registered

I actually really liked that emotional bit. That (and Cable saving Wade) are the only two bits played completely straight the whole movie, and they ground everything else, IMO. I feel his loss, and the good person which Cable rewards. And it also makes it extra satisfying when Wade does save Vanessa later.

7. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Just got done watching it and I enjoyed it for the most part. Liked the first one better, this one seemed to suffer from their heads getting a little big in terms of how funny they thought they could make this one. The audience laughed throughout the film but not at a lot of parts that were meant to get a laugh.

I was shocked that they killed Vanessa but they did a great job of having Deadpool deal with it and having her be his compass throughout the film in death. Glad that he got to go back and save him.

The CGI though....I think they stretched themselves a bit thin this time around because there were a lot of moments that just did not look good, especially Juggarnaut who looked awkward. But it was great having him in the film and be a big bad.

Deadpools enemy flowed very flawlessly in this film, that's how you have multiple "villains" even if Cable ended up becoming an ally.

I don't know how the Deadpool franchise manages to make the X-Men so much more interesting then they are in their own films. Of course we only see 3 of them and very quick blink and you miss it from the 2.0 cast but I really wouldn't mind an X-Men film from this crew. Especially since their outfits are on.point. compared to any of the X-Films. Seriously hire the costume designer for future films.

8. DACrowe Registered

Yes, I honestly wish this team was also handling the next X-Men movie on top of X-Force. While I've liked other X-films better in the past, Apocalypse leaves me almost no confidence in SK, and Deadpool 2 gets the "universe" better than Singer ever did. C'est la vie.

9. BlackFox Merc

Agree completely with this, DP2 managed to feel more like an X-Men film than most X-Men films do. This series just seems to "get it".

10. samsnee Ok

This movie felt inconsequential to me. I laughed a few times, and enjoyed some Domino a lot. But overall just felt empty. You could have cut the whole X-force sequence, as funny as it was, and it wouldn’t have changed the movie one bit. It just felt like padding he runtime.

I appreciated it didn’t involve the normal third act villain fight though.

11. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think there is a fair amount Deadpool can get away with that X-Men could get away with far less

For example if you look at the time travel logic in Deadpool 2 its so outright pick it apart flawed but i don't think it was written to be taken too seriously and it probably won't be questioned by many because Deadpool is a comedy.

Deadpool can be a living cartoon in tone because a fair amount of logic will be forgiven if you make people laugh and leave it at the door.

#286 GuestStar2004, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  12. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

@samsnee, The X Force was there for the jokes.

13. BlackFox Merc

That is a fair point, on the logic and timelines DP can and well literally does in this film take the **** with it, he has less rules to stick by.

Costumes and putting on screen fights and power displays has no excuses for though.

14. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I really wish they could've did something with Cable and Cyclops.

15. GuestStar2004 Registered

All they really need to do explain cables backstory, they probably don't need to actually have cyclops there if they don't want too.

16. Speed Force Zemo Cut > Snyder Cut

Me too

17. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Would've been cool if in that scene when they went to the mansion to get Colossus to join them, they had Cable go inside. Cable sees a pic of Cyclops and Jean Grey and smirks or something.

18. TheVileOne Registered

Juggernaut turned out a lot better than expected. I would've liked it if he had a bigger role, but he had an actual character at least along with dialogue. They didn't just make him a mute big monster. The attitude and the character were there.

That being said, all the other Manabyte/Conrad spoilers were accurate, even though he seemed to be trying to cast them as the movie being a failure and going the wrong way.

19. TheVileOne Registered

Because the X-Men films are mostly crap and don't age well. They are stuck in the past, and they won't show the characters to the extent of their powers and abilities. And their costumes sucks.

20. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I hope Black Tom was brought back with all the time tom foolery. Just to have him to team up with Juggernaut. And to get more jokes about his name.

21. samsnee Ok

I know but now the general audience will associate “X-force” as a joke so not sure how they will take a movie about them seriously.

22. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I mean, they made a movie out of Deadpool...

23. GuestStar2004 Registered

Maybe X-Force will be more humorous.

24. MbJ Registered

25. AndrewGilkison Registered

I am not really a fan of Vanessa being brought back in a post-credit scene. Why not make that the ending of the movie?