Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 Spoilers Thread

Is Bedlam definitely dead? I thought I saw paramedics working on him in the background.

Yes I wanted more of all three of them. The girls were really cute together.

Peter was saved and Zeitgeist was no longer in the truck, so it's entirely possible the rest are okay.

I hope Disney doesn’t change much when the deal comes

I really loved it. It surpassed the first for me. Brolin is great as cable. Beetz really made Domino her own. Colossus was as lovable as ever. I need more.

I knew right away what they were doing when the James Bond title sequence started and starting laughing, people were looking at me all confused for a few seconds and then got it

That was a legit great opening though

Did the double feature at my theater, fun time.

Not as good as the first one though. Domino was awesome, looking forward to seeing more of her in X-Force. I heard the rumor about the other members of the "X-Force" killed off early on as a gag so not surprised by that.

A little disappointed they killed off Vanessa so early. (I'm assuming she really is back though?) and a little disappointed they didn't go down the "I'm the Juggernaut, b****" line. :funny:

Cable was good but I thought he'd be a little better. No mention of the fact that he's Cyclops son? The little cameo of the team in the mansion was nice.

Hopefully they dive into his background a little more in X-Force and future appearances.

Still hope Olivia Munn's Psylocke is the other member of the X-Force.

Edit: Chip reminded me. Yeah, the Bond style opening was fantastic. Loved it.

They also used the song at the end of Logan when he was dying

Wade really was dead set on his own wolverine moment lol. Cmon hugh, you know you wanna join the party.

They also used the song at the end of Logan when he was dying

Wade really was dead set on his own wolverine moment lol. Cmon hugh, you know you wanna join the party.

My buddy picked up on that too lol

also, when cable is watching what happened at the essex building on TV, the news ticker at the bottom said

"Christopher Plummer refuses role in Deadpool 2"

so good. Totally believe that Reynolds was throwing little jokes in there till the last second.

This was way better than the first. Its honestly not even close for me. I cant think of anything that the original did better.

I swear to god I need to see this like 5 more times on the big screen just so I can watch that James Bond opening sequence again. So so very excellent.

I swear to god I need to see this like 5 more times on the big screen just so I can watch that James Bond opening sequence again. So so very excellent.

The cold open was relatively long and I was worried theyd skip the title sequences entirely. Thankfully I was wrong because yeah, that was absolute gold.

The opening credits also pretty much echoed what was going on in my head.

Do need to see it again. Hopefully with a better audience.

the opening night crowd for infinity war was a lot more fun/crazy than the one for this movie, people really come out for those, its something else. Maybe one day DP will get to join in on the fun.

Same. It was really well played on their part.

the opening night crowd for infinity war was a lot more fun/crazy than the one for this movie, people really come out for those, its something else. Maybe one day DP will get to join in on the fun.

My crowd was very responsive. But for what it’s worth I definitely felt like one of the older people in the audience.

I think part of it was that I went to the double feature. Normally, I don't mind calm crowds, but when I'm the only one that laughs out loud at a joke, it annoys me a bit.

They totally captured the style and feel of the Bond opening titles.

The X-theme in this film was great.

Not sure if this has been stated but who voiced Juggernaut

I enjoyed it, but I liked the first one more.

Thought the first had a tighter story liked that they few characters they focused on her well done.

I did like Domino a lot in this, I thought Cable was okay. The story I get but he basically reversed Vanessa dying in that credit scene. That kind of hurts the story for me some. Those scenes were good and gave reason, but if she is okay now then it gets kind of lost. Unless that is now a alternate timeline who knows.

Actions scenes were really good.

I loved it. Won't say it was better than the first, at least on first watch, but it was just as good. I thought X-Force dying was hilarious. The crowd was dying during that scene. They were all expendable to me anyway, I wouldn't want any of them on the team. I agree the story didn't seem as smooth, I wish they introduced Cable a little better. A lot of potential with Domino. The music/score was great too. I loved the sound effects they had when Cable moved around, I noticed they kind of abandoned it later on. I really only heard it during his first fight scene. Juggernaut was done well, glad he survived, they could definitely utlize him again. The MCU cracks were great. Black Black Widow and Deadpool doing Hulks calming thing were my favorite. It's getting a lot of good word of mouth, hopefully the opening weekend numbers increase.

Better than the first imo. Best post credits scene ever if you know your Fox movie history. I actually pumped my fist when the real DP retconned the fake Fox DP out of existence.

Agreed on how awesome Domino was. Her "power" was hilarious every time. She's really cute too.

Quite a few MCU references which got me every time. "Winter Soldier arm"....lol...

I couldn't help but think, does Domino play the lottery? She could be living the life. Lol

What did Colossus say after DP said ''ejaculate into a soap dispenser a hero", during his '4-5 moments' speech?

Some of the biggest laughs for me:

-The entire opening sequence/credits. My jaw hit the floor in horror (and slight annoyance) that they killed Vanessa, but then the credits started and I was rolling.

-Most of X-Force dying. Absolutely hilarious.

-Little references to other comic book movies. The "Martha" joke and the "sun's getting real low" joke were among my favorites.

-The inclusion of the score from Logan ... Might be my favorite joke of the entire movie. So perfect. :funny:

-The post-credits/mid-credits scene and then ultimately the Juggernaut song at the end. A guy sitting next to me in the theater asked if I knew if there was going to be another scene after the credits, and then the Juggernaut song immediately started playing and the people left in the theater had a huge laugh over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"