Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Your agent negotiates your salary. There was one story where Jlaw got hot and bothered because she wasn't paid as much as her co-stars on... American Hustle? but really it wasn't about gender, just her agent not pushing for a bigger paycheck. At any rate, I find it hard to sympathize with people who are making tens of millions of dollars anyway. It's like, take what you can get man.

Sort of depends who it is and what situation, it's usually not comparing apples to apples. If JLaw's getting paid less than some similar-age/success-level male star in a comparable role for a movie, she has a point. If she's complaining about De Niro or whoever making more than her for something like Silver Linings Playbook, it gets a little silly.

Think Gadot made an issue of getting paid less than Affleck & Cavill too? Not sure what she made for Wonder Woman, but that kind of makes sense at that point in her career, a virtual unknown up-and-comer. Sure it won't be the case going forward, she's hot property by now.

Sort of depends who it is and what situation, it's usually not comparing apples to apples. If JLaw's getting paid less than some similar-age/success-level male star in a comparable role for a movie, she has a point. If she's complaining about De Niro or whoever making more than her for something like Silver Linings Playbook, it gets a little silly.

I think she was comparing herself to Bale and Cooper. The thing is, you don't start out as equals. You have to fight for your money. Maybe she could have gotten paid the same, but her agent didn't put in the work or thought it wouldn't be fruitful. It's a wishy washy thing.

There are ways of determining the value of a star. The most simplistic is to look at what they were in before and see how much money that movie made compared to their salary.

Though as I said, that is very simplistic but one way among other gauges to determine the "value" of a said actor's contribution to a movie.

I think she was comparing herself to Bale and Cooper. The thing is, you don't start out as equals. You have to fight for your money. Maybe she could have gotten paid the same, but her agent didn't put in the work or thought it wouldn't be fruitful. It's a wishy washy thing.

Right. Like, I doubt there are many male 25 year olds (or whatever age JLaw is) in the industry making her current type of dough. It seems more star pull power and career establishment than what's in your pants.

Yup. Your agent negotiates your salary. There was one story where Jlaw got hot and bothered because she wasn't paid as much as her co-stars on... American Hustle? but really it wasn't about gender, just her agent not pushing for a bigger paycheck. At any rate, I find it hard to sympathize with people who are making tens of millions of dollars anyway. It's like, take what you can get man.

But why didn't the agent push for a bigger paycheck? Would he he/she have been more aggressive on behalf of a male client?

But hadn't she already been the lead in a hit film (that was slated to have future installments) up to that point? Bale and Cooper were in the DK and Hangover trilogies. How does that qualify them to make more than her?

Eh, I don't think Jlaw getting paid less than Bale in that movie is ridiculous. Her part wasn't all that big to begin with either. lol

Jlaw probably got paid more than all of her costars in that new xmen movie. Should equal pay count there? I don't think so.

But why didn't the agent push for a bigger paycheck? Would he he/she have been more aggressive on behalf of a male client?

But hadn't she already been the lead in a hit film (that was slated to have future installments) up to that point? Bale and Cooper were in the DK and Hangover trilogies. How does that qualify them to make more than her?

I don't know, I wasn't there. I'm just inferring things based on what I've heard about the business. I just feel like this is such a stupid hill to die on for us peasants. I really couldn't give less of a **** if Jlaw made a million less than her co-stars.

Equal pay anywhere else is welcome. But not going to be pissed to read a male costar makes more than Chastain or anything like that. lol

Eh, I don't think Jlaw getting paid less than Bale in that movie is ridiculous. Her part wasn't all that big to begin with either. lol

Jlaw probably got paid more than all of her costars in that new xmen movie. Should equal pay count there? I don't think so.

It'll be annoying to watch all the people championing Jennifer Lawrence being paid equally to a male co-star suddenly turn on her when the discussion becomes about her being white and paid more than a non-white co-star. The outrage police just want anything to foam at the mouth about these days.

I'm for equal pay... pay me as much as Lawrence.

Geoffrey Rush's lawyer claims his client is a near recluse and barley eats since the Sydney Daily Telegraph article about alleging he behaved inappropriately to a colleague during a Sydney Theatre Company production of King Lear in 2015.

The Telegraph denies the articles depicted Rush as a pervert and a predator and submits that no allegations of a sexual nature were made.

The News Corp tabloid has said previously it accurately reported the alleged complaint against the actor and would seek to defend the case in court.

I guess you could chalk it up to everyone in the industry being a little weird but that would be a line crosser.

Allison Mack, a Different Smallville Actress, Has Been Arrested for Role in Sex Cult

Earlier this month, Smallville actress Kristin Kreuk had to fend off rumors that she worked as a recruiter for a sex cult called NXIVM. It was started in 1998 by a man named Keith Raniere, who billed it as a self-help organization. After the New York Times published an exposé of NXIVM last year, Raniere was tracked down and finally arrested several weeks ago for alleged sex trafficking. Now, a different Smallville actress has entered the plot. “Page Six” reports that Allison Mack was arrested for allegedly serving as Raniere’s recruiter. It’s unknown whether or not she participated in or enforced practices like bodily branding, forced dieting, and physical abuse that are reported to have taken place within NXIVM.

According to TMZ, Mack was on the scene when Raniere was arrested in March, and today she was taken into custody by FBI agents. Mack will reportedly be brought back to New York state to face charges.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/smal...sted-for-role-in-sex-cult.html?mid=googlenews

[YT]lO61TCgbMas[/YT]

I was really hoping she wasn’t caught up with that. Behind that innocent smile and charming personality was someone deeply disturbed. Very upsetting as I had a massive crush on her when Smallville was on. :(

Reading those details on TMZ... damn.

So much for seeing her on Supergirl someday.

It's a pity that she was caught up in it, but she does need to pay the price.

Yeah, that's about right.

It's always the cute ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS