Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running out of heroes. They are all turning out to jerks. :(

I know, I’m actually fearful of who will be named next. Hoping to god it’s not an actor or director that I admire.

I know, I’m actually fearful of who will be named next. Hoping to god it’s not an actor or director that I admire.

I've had two of my favorites listed already. :( How much worse is it going to be?

All accusations should be taken seriously. Which is different than taken as gospel truth.

Agreed.

It's alright to step back and think "With due respect... I don't know" without jumping the gun and proclaiming innocence or guilt. Doesn't make you insensitive, sexist or an evil person. That's my attitude, for example, with Corey Feldman.

Can't speak for others, but I think much of the hesitation regarding him is his reeking of "the Boy Who Cried Wolf" with his flip-flopping allegations towards people like Michael Jackson or demanding $10M for a documentary where he will "name names."

I think there is some truth to his claims and for that, I am deeply sorry... but at the same I find him to be a cancerous leech who runs for the spotlight at any given notice.

Maybe it's best to stop looking at these people as gods or whatever rather than just people who have jobs just like so many other people around the world, especially when you don't even know them personally. Some are *****, some aren't.

The Alison Mack one is strange but it was posted in the Daily Mail which is an absolute cesspool of BS so I’m not a 100% sure of what they claim. Heck doesn’t seem like anyone else has picked up on it other than other rags like the Sun etc. Guess we’ll see what happens next.

Maybe it's best to stop looking at these people as gods or whatever rather than just people who have jobs just like so many other people around the world, especially when you don't even know them personally. Some are *****, some aren't.

I think they stopped being gods (that is to say, unattainable) with Social Media. Plenty of celebrities I've come to downright despise single-handily thanks to Twitter.

There is a reason there was a veil between us and them for decades.

I do try to keep that in mind just like I remind myself that their personal lives are not really our business. :( You just hate to hear about them doing something criminal.

The Alison Mack one is strange but it was posted in the Daily Mail which is an absolute cesspool of BS so I’m not a 100% sure of what they claim. Heck doesn’t seem like anyone else has picked up on it other than other rags like the Sun etc. Guess we’ll see what happens next.

The stuff about Mack had been rumored long before the recent Daily Mail article.

I think they stopped being gods (that is to say, unattainable) with Social Media. Plenty of celebrities I've come to downright despise single-handily thanks to Twitter.

There is a reason there was a veil between us and them for decades.

I don't know about that. I would say it depends on which celebs you're dealing with. Some are able to use social media to even increase their "godhood" because they're still smart about what they say or what's said of them.

I do try to keep that in mind just like I remind myself that their personal lives are not really our business. :( You just hate to hear about them doing something criminal.

Yeah, well they're human just like everyone else. Capable to do great good and great evil just like everyone else. Just because they can play pretend better than most people, hold a tune better than most, etc. doesn't change anything.

ya, the stuff on Allison Mack has been floating around for a bit now but its just been more of a weird story as opposed to something possibly criminal...

Yeah, they're all people but to their fanbases they may as well be gods. A lot of them can do no wrong in some of their eyes. IF it turned out somebody like DDL has been sexually abusing boys for decades I'm almost certain suicides would follow.

Waiting for the story about how CK took out his junk and showed it to Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer and George Takei at a Weinstein party - Bet Doc Huxtable spiked the drinks.

Just my way of saying this is getting crazy :csad: All my heroes!

Why do people need to bring up names of people who have not been accused? Like, "if blank". We already have enough names of varying sorts.

She wants his production company removed from it to, which probably isn't all that easy.

There's probably a bunch of contracts and legal stuff in place, they probably would have to be compensated a massive amount of money.

I... sincerely hope that story isn't true. For her own sake.

I'd definitely say that's a prevailing trend, sure.

The identity politics part seems more indicative of who the public seems to sharpen their forks and light their torches for, I'm definitely not claiming that I think the public believes only straight, white males are guilty of this behavior. It just seems like the persecution appears to be particularly aimed in that direction, although I fully entertain the idea that I could be wrong.

What persecution? :huh: A bunch of women are outing men who've abused them in the past. Do you think this is being directed by an outside source?

dont idolize/lionize celebrities

Bingo.

Why do people need to bring up names of people who have not been accused? Like, "if blank". We already have enough names of varying sorts.

It's like how every couple of days someone feels the need to post "Conservatives/Trump/Fox News is loving this." Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"