The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

"Not necessarily. I'm happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a little bit. It used to be, "One hundred women can't be lying." And then it became, "One woman can't lie." And that became, "I believe all women." And then you're like, "What?" Like, that Chris Hardwick guy I really thought got the blunt end of the stick there."

I dont think that's unreasonable.
Taken on its own, that quote is totally reasonable. But combine it with the Rosanne defense and the "they lost everything" horse****, and = yuck.

Yeah not sure what Norm was thinking. I can understand his point about giving due process and not mob rule, but saying "the victims don't go through that" in regards to Roseanne's and C.K.'s treatment is tone deaf. They will still be financially secure at the end of the day.

I recently kinda discovered Craig Ferguson's late night show, mostly clips on YT. Dude was straight up smooth and hilarious with the female guest, but don't think he could get away with that humor now, right? He was straight up quick with the one liners.

Have you watched clips of Conan recently? He still plays a somewhat sexually disgusting character in the tape bits where he interacts with his employees. I think it's funny because it's obvious he's playing it for laughs, and I assume the staff is ok with it. But at the same time, part of this whole movement is to underscore how some people feel powerless to actually say no to those in power.

They got the View on in the lounge, apparently Norm is gonna be on to explain his statements.

McDonald didn’t say anything outrage worthy.

But then Tumblr SJWs expend most of their energy in crap that isn’t worth it and can’t see the trees for the forest or pick their battles.

Everything is TRIGGERED! PROBLEMATIC! CANCELED! (Have I cracked 1,000 kudos yet??)

My favorite current SJW is the articles against the Spider-Man game, "You can't show police in NYC without showing them in a negative light."

Yeah I read that article. It's so dumb. Not everything in entertainment needs to be woke and address social issues.

McDonalds (NOT NORM :funny) is going on a MeToo strike...

which is fine... But my fries better be hot.

Comedians made fun of Obama... he just didn't make it so damn easy.

I rewatched Louis CK's Beacon Theater show tonight and it's still so funny, but the "perverted thoughts" bit comes off quite creepy now that we know what we know.

Still my favorite comedian. His stuff is masterful, no matter what a pervert he might be.

I'm astonished any studio would be willing to hire Bryan Singer right now.

Yeah, was gonna happen.

Also, heh, Sean Penn. Nobody's taken a thing that guy says seriously since the mid-2000s.

I don’t think he said anything controversial or not already said about the dangers of judging too quickly.

I don’t think he said anything controversial or not already said about the dangers of judging too quickly.
He hasn't and that is true but it also just distills the movement into an overly simplistic us vs them argument where it isn't.

Yeah....the guy known for slapping people around is upset that people are now calling people out for slapping people around.

The most ridiculous part of the Sean Penn interview is he did it in front of two women clearly not in agreement with him, while he played the, "I have many female friends" card. Good lord.

He sat in front of two women who clearly see the benefits of the movement, and then talked about how it is dividing men and women, ignoring how the actions being called out by the movement did that in the first place. He also does this while dividing himself from the two women sitting with him. Its hilarious ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"