Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually only half kidding. Oliver can be a humongous dick sometimes. :funny:

Are they even dating yet? I was under the impression that they were just friends.

I think you are right but he may be trying for more. I think it will be a mistake on his part when she uncovers part of his activities.

To be frank, I think the only all around decent guy that Laurel is known to have dated on the show was Tommy. At least Tommy isn't the kind of person that would have cheated on Laurel for Sara.

Dinah Laurel was fine in the mid-season finale, but I wish they have her join up Roy, Thea, and Sin. Especially Sin, who is friends with her sister, Sara.

So, it turns out the laurel is the 12th most bullied Tv character or something

It's also her face appears completely frozen and looks strange when she's supposed to be crying. So it's either, nerve damage, botox or she's afraid of ugly crying. If it's the last one then she needs to get over that so she can show some acting range.

And her new "arc" is dating the bad guy. Really, that's all they could come up with? Nothing more interesting or creative than that? Her comparison to Andrea from TWD is becoming more and more true.

Well episode 14 is titled something like Time of Death and laurels mom is back in that episode so hopefully she kicks the bucket

It's also her face appears completely frozen and looks strange when she's supposed to be crying. So it's either, nerve damage, botox or she's afraid of ugly crying. If it's the last one then she needs to get over that so she can show some acting range.

And her new "arc" is dating the bad guy. Really, that's all they could come up with? Nothing more interesting or creative than that? Her comparison to Andrea from TWD is becoming more and more true.

It's a vast improvement over her last two arcs.

BTW,I guess they're just dropping the pill popping thing?Not that it's a bad thing,but the fact it went absolutely nowhere makes it all the more foolish.

I can't wait to see how they turn her into the kick-ass Black Canary from the comics.

I can't wait to see how they turn her into the kick-ass Black Canary from the comics.

At this point, I don't see how they can.

Roy and Thea are more closer than ever towards reaching the status of their comic book counterparts (Red Arrow and Speedy), with Roy having worked for Green Arrow (albeit temporarily) before being injected with that super soldier serum....and now Thea is revealed to be the biological daughter of Malcom.

Unless they do a big revamp of her character soon, Laurel has really nothing in common with BC. Her sister Sara is more likely to take the mantle of BC full time.

With the way she's presented now, to turn this Laurel into BC would be a slap to the actual character.

It definitely not the last one since she has done plenty of work where she has to show emotions. There were rumors she had a drug problem. I can only imagine something happened that turned her suddenly to plastic surgery/botox.

She was fine in the last episode. Didn't do anything people would call anoying, her scene with Oliver, since it didn't have almost no drama, didn't felt forced, and she had a pourpose on the plot, that it was to get the information that would lead Roy to the office. If they start doing more like this with her, pushing more on the investigative side, I'm sure her character would be much more likeable.

I have faith that Laurel can be redeemed.

I'd rather them just kill Laurel off. Have Slade kill her in his war against Oliver. That would establish him as a high-level threat in present day Starling City.

I don't want to deal with her sucking the life out of every scene she's in on the off chance that someday down the line she might be entertaining to watch.

Especially when Laurel just isn't needed. We have a great Black Canary in Sara. We have great partners for Oliver in Diggle and Felicity (and possibly Roy, Sin, and Thea one day). We have Quentin as the link to law enforcement and someone who can bring cases to Arrow's attention.

Laurel just has no place on the show.

^ pretty much all this

Shake those poms poms Dr, what are you a cheerleader?

I don't care what any of you haters say. I have just buried my 2nd parent in 20 months, I deserve for this to go my way!

Yes, get rid of the character all together she's mos def my least favorite.

To be frank, I think the only all around decent guy that Laurel is known to have dated on the show was Tommy. At least Tommy isn't the kind of person that would have cheated on Laurel for Sara.

Tommy was also known as a "bad boy" like Oliver, lets not kid ourselves here that he was some perfect boyfriend or a saint for that matter.

He is also the same guy who broke up with her without telling her why and based on his suspicions, after she had just had a bad day with someone trying to kill her and her client, he couldnt even stick around to be just a friend.

He also wasnt there for Laurel when she was having family problems despite being there for him all the time he needed her. And he got angry and left her during a night out.

Yes Oliver can be a *****e, and old Ollie was a *****e who acted like one when he cheated with Sara because he didnt believe he deserved Laurel, very misguided and stupid yes, but the heart was in the right place. Tommy was a *****e who acted like a *****e because he believed he deserved better than Laurel. So doing the math, you tell me who was the better man and for her.

I have just buried my 2nd parent in 20 months, I deserve for this to go my way!
So sorry for your loss Regnak. Thats awful.

Last edited:
Season 1 she seemed like the only well written female character for the most part. I thought, at least they are writing her character well because when she become Black Canary she will be good. And I thought they picked a good actress too.
But
Season two she seems to have become one of the characters that is written as a CW glib whiny and sometimes mean character. What happened? Are they setting her up to leave so that Black Canary will take her place on the show? I mean as soon as they showed she wasn't going to be Black Canary it seemed like that, and in the ads she is in the back when she was a main character.
I mean sure they can have her go through major issues after her sister "died" 5 years ago, her parents divorced, her father became a drunk, but then he got better. And then she was kidnapped and nearly murdered. But still they make her less sympathetic when Oliver and her father try to help her and she throws back at them how her father was a drunk and Oliver killed her sister. Its like they are maybe trying to set her character up to go making fans want her gone.

Decided to watch season 1 again during the month wait until season 2 returns. I have to say that I really like Laurel so far in season 1, she is not annoying, has some heart and is dare I say likeable. What the hell happened to her, because now I can't stand the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"