Discussion: Racism - Part 4

While proving something like this would seem to be difficult, if proven, I'm guessing it "is" a crime.

It would be near impossible to prove because an appraisal is just an opinion. I don't know about the racism angle of the story, but I'm quite sceptical because it's not unusual to see property value/asking price in the same area & even the same street be significantly different.

I believe it is a crime to intentionally under or over value a property for any reason at all. The appraiser would need to be able to justify his thought process when he evaluated the home.

It would be near impossible to prove because an appraisal is just an opinion. I don't know about the racism angle of the story, but I'm quite sceptical because it's not unusual to see property value/asking price in the same area & even the same street be significantly different.

I believe it is a crime to intentionally under or over value a property for any reason at all. The appraiser would need to be able to justify his thought process when he evaluated the home.

Yeah. I think the way it could be "proved" would be if those appraisals were way off. I'd like to see the comparables they used on both.

Man, when I see what homes are worth in other parts of the country and then look at a decent home in the LA or Santa Cruz area, my head starts to explode. I bought an old house years ago, fixed it up and am almost embarrassed to say what it's worth now.

Honestly, I've been able to save a fair chunk in my 401K, I have a decent pension from the University of California, but what wealth I have mainly comes from homes I bought when they were semi-affordable.

Reactions: B
Yeah. I think the way it could be "proved" would be if those appraisals were way off. I'd like to see the comparables they used on both.

Man, when I see what homes are worth in other parts of the country and then look at a decent home in the LA or Santa Cruz area, my head starts to explode. I bought an old house years ago, fixed it up and am almost embarrassed to say what it's worth now.

Honestly, I've been able to save a fair chunk in my 401K, I have a decent pension from the University of California, but what wealth I have mainly comes from homes I bought when they were semi-affordable.

For it to be proven it would need to be the same appraiser & he would need to have valued comparable properties in the same area with a significant difference between value. However even still, I know from my own area there are houses of similar size located no more than 200m away from my own in the next street along that have been valued at almost double some of the homes that were adjacent to my own that I knew the listed selling prices for.

That certainly seems the only way to get a foothold in the property market nowadays buy a home that needs modernised, renovated or fixed up & try to save money by handling whatever you're capable off yourself. The prices of some of the recently fixed up houses & new builds makes my eyes water.

It's tough being white. Everyone is always discriminating against you. You can't even call 911 and put someone's life in potential danger anymore. It sucks.

They can't even say any politically incorrect things about non-white people anymore wherever they feel like it and get away with it like before. :o

We will see. The town people are saying it doesn't apply to them, since the siren is "dedicated to firemen". Let something so racist become so ingrained, they literally cannot understand the origins.

In Canadian news:

Residential school remains could reveal how 215 children lived — and died, experts say | National Post

The residential schools are as sickening as it comes. My friend is married to a guy whose father is a priest and taught at one of the schools. To this day, he gets angry when anyone says something bad about them. He legitimately thinks he did nothing wrong.

Much like the Catholic Church and their sexual predators.

Youre-Racist1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"