Doctor Strange Casting Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
God no to Aiden Gillen or Karl Urban. They're not right at all

Jon Hamm might be a good candidate, if Marvel ever gets around to doing Doctor Strange or The Defenders.

I like Jon Hamm, but I'm not sure he can play mystical and mysterious. I'd look for someone a bit more broody. Or brody.

I like Jon Hamm, but I'm not sure he can play mystical and mysterious. I'd look for someone a bit more broody. Or brody.

I have long thought that Adrien Brody is the right choice for this role. He has a combination of factors that really makes him a good fit.

Just in case it's been awhile since someone mentioned Clive Owen...

Clive Owen

untitled.jpg

Karl Urban would be a great addition to the MCU. This is a franchise he belongs too. But Stephen Strange? That would be a severe miscast.

I'm not so sure. Would you have thought he could do a good Dr McCoy or Judge Dredd?

I honestly think that Jean Dujardin could make one awesome Docotor Strange! Even if he can't do an American Accent, I think having a French Strange would just make the character even more fun.

jean+dujardin+Dr.+Strange.jpg

I honestly think that Jean Dujardin could make one awesome Docotor Strange! Even if he can't do an American Accent, I think having a French Strange would just make the character even more fun.

Jean is an excellent choice.. Oscar winner (check!), can handle comedy/drama (check!), massive following of women/men on tumblr (check!), well known to international audiences (check!)...he's a prime candidate for a Marvel role

Dujardin is already working in Hollywood with Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street alongside Leonardo DiCaprio..also in George Clooney's WWII thriller Monument Men alongside Clooney, Matt Damon and Daniel Craig...

tumblr_lys42lt0Ix1qa8xyfo1_500.gif

tumblr_lzhug5Ar9p1qarbgbo1_500.gif

i'd like a Dr Strange with an accent, something to stand out amongst the predominately american MCU

Eric Bana
Sacha Baron Cohen
Dave Tennent
Clive Owen
Benicio Del Toro
Joaquin Phoenix
Oscar Issac
Antonio Bandaras

I can't take you seriously now after suggesting Borat.

Baron Cohen's a fantastic actor. Granted, I dont think I'd want him for Strange but he's better than some give him credit for.

Jean is an excellent choice.. Oscar winner (check!), can handle comedy/drama (check!), massive following of women/men on tumblr (check!), well known to international audiences (check!)...he's a prime candidate for a Marvel role

Dujardin is already working in Hollywood with Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street alongside Leonardo DiCaprio..also in George Clooney's WWII thriller Monument Men alongside Clooney, Matt Damon and Daniel Craig...

tumblr_lys42lt0Ix1qa8xyfo1_500.gif

tumblr_lzhug5Ar9p1qarbgbo1_500.gif

I'm actually ok with that pick. It'd be interesting.

I'm not so sure. Would you have thought he could do a good Dr McCoy or Judge Dredd?

yes, I thought so. As I said, he is a great actor and should have way more leading roles than he has and I really weant him to lead in a MCU movie.
I just can't see him as Stephen. Ther are roles in the Marvel Universe that are a better fit for him.
He could be an outstanding Reed Richards for example, he could even be a great Matt Murdoch. But he lacks SOMETHING (and I don't know what exactly) to play Stephen

You need someone with a Liam Neeson-esque voice to pull off all of Strange's weird magic talk

You need someone with a Liam Neeson-esque voice to pull off all of Strange's weird magic talk

True. That is why I'm hoping for Cumberbatch personally. His voice alone should land him the gig.

Plus I'd love to see Cumberbatch get a chance to play a hero! -_- lol.

between Hobbit, Star Trek and Bond he's gonna be typecast as a villain for cripes sake! :D

Plus I'd love to see Cumberbatch get a chance to play a hero! -_- lol.

between Hobbit, Star Trek and Bond he's gonna be typecast as a villain for cripes sake! :D
Bond??? Do you know something about Bond 24? If so, that would be awsome.

Nothing more than rumors a few months ago from "insider" sources, which makes no sense since there's not even a full script done yet for the next Bond movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"