Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, but it's a slow news day and it's as close to a confirmation as we've yet seen.

Slapping [BLACKOUT]THE DOCTOR[/BLACKOUT]under Hurt's name could easily have been some Moffat-esque misdirection.

To be honest, part of me still thinks it is...

I have been rewatching Series 1, and have to admit, the hurt Eccleston's absence from the 50th deepened.

With Eccleston not on TV and Big Finish doing their 4-8 spectacular on audio, Eccleston will be the only living Doctor not to appear in anything for the 50th anniversary. It's like all the James Bonds are getting together for one big movie, but Dalton is strangely absent.

If Eccleston was in the anniversary, I imagine he'd be the one paired with Rose. But then who would Ten be paired with? Martha or Donna? Or would they have Billie Piper running around in a wig & pink hoodie for 9, and a short haircut & blue hoodie for 10?

With Eccleston not on TV and Big Finish doing their 4-8 spectacular on audio, Eccleston will be the only living Doctor not to appear in anything for the 50th anniversary. It's like all the James Bonds are getting together for one big movie, but Dalton is strangely absent.

If Eccleston was in the anniversary, I imagine he'd be the one paired with Rose. But then who would Ten be paired with? Martha or Donna? Or would they have Billie Piper running around in a wig & pink hoodie for 9, and a short haircut & blue hoodie for 10?

Agreed:yay:

It should've been Donna.

Donna would've been my choice for Ten's companion in the 50th, ESPECIALLY if 9 was gonna show up. It would've interesting to see Eleven's reaction, knowing what happens to her. Also, Eleven AND Ten's reaction, knowing what happens to Rose.
However it would reopen wounds to, once again, see Donna questioning what happens to her. Still the only companion departure to make me cry.

Funnily enough, I think while Rose made a better companion Ten, Donna would've made a better companion for 9 and 11.

Last edited:
New details on Hurt's Doctor were been revealed by production designer Howard Burden during the "Royal Visit" to the Doctor Who set. Spoiler Alert!

From Doctor Who TV:

"Burden told them Hurt will be a “dark Doctor” but then crucially revealed: “There was a gap between Paul McGann playing the Doctor and Christopher Eccleston, when we didn’t see a regeneration, and John Hurt will fit into that gap. He is a past Doctor, not a future Doctor.”

So as some rumours previously stated, it appears Hurt will be Doctor 8.5, explaining the costume combining McGann’s and Eccleston’s look.

On top of this, Jenna Coleman seemed to confirm in this video that only three Doctors will appear: Smith, Tennant and Hurt.

She said: “We had three different Doctors in [the TARDIS]… John Hurt, David Tennant was back and Matt. Three different Doctors playing against each other.”

So, apparently Michael Jackson and Bill Cosby were the top choices for Paramount Pictures' defunct Doctor Who movie back in 1988, as per a new unofficial book about the history of the show...

I didn't even know Paramount were planning a movie.

Imagine Michael Jackson whisking children off to magical worlds. :(

The idea of an American playing the Doctor terrifies and revolts me.

I don't know. Bill Cosby circa 1980-something would've been like some sort of black American Patrick Troughton. He's one of the few American actors I could see coming close to pulling it off.

But I remember how Leonard Part 6 turned out, and it still wouldn't have been a good movie.

New details on Hurt's Doctor were been revealed by production designer Howard Burden during the "Royal Visit" to the Doctor Who set. Spoiler Alert!

From Doctor Who TV:

I have 8 years worth of material that argues with what these people say.

I hate this to my very core.

The idea of an American playing the Doctor terrifies and revolts me.
It could have been good but knowing how Hollywood sees the audience it would not have been good. That fortunately aborted American adaptation back in the 90's of the series shows just how incompetent they are in measuring the audience. I think even they knew it was bad which says something.

Oh, so an American couldn't play The Doctor?

Two words for you: Bill, Murray.

KABOOM.

From Doctor Who TV:

I seriously hope [blackout]Hurt plays some flash-in-the-pan Doctor who lasted for all of 5 minutes before having his regeneration reversed back into McGann so that he doesn't count.[/blackout] Or that the rumor is just untrue.

He's the [blackout] Time War Doctor [/blackout] and you know it.

Wow.

So they're basically robbing the 8th Doctor of what could've made him a truly significant Doc beyond the audios that most people probably don't know about or care for. Wow.

50th anniversary teaser( A REAL ONE!) focusing on the 4th Doctor?

[YT]FGC_DRgbc6I[/YT]

Why does everyone assume that Doctor Hurt's great crime involves the Time War?

I mean, 10 basically relocked them in the End of Time and it's not like it was some great crime that time.

Considering the placement of the book in "Voyage to the Centre..." the probability of the episode involving the Time War seems logical.

My money is still on him being [BLACKOUT]A younger version of The Valeyard[/BLACKOUT].

So far, all the details match to a tee.

1. He [BLACKOUT]manifests between two Doctors, but yet, is NOT a regeneration[/BLACKOUT].

2. He is [BLACKOUT]a "dark" version of the Doctor[/BLACKOUT]

3. He is [BLACKOUT]an amalgam of 2 doctors that immediately follow one another. (in the future, 12 and 13. In this case, 8 and 9)[/BLACKOUT]

4. He [BLACKOUT]murdered the Time Lords, something The Valeyard was willing to do during his appearance in "Trial of a Time Lord".[/BLACKOUT]

and

5. He [BLACKOUT]acted outside of the name of "The Doctor". The only other version of The Doctor to do this was "The Valeyard".[/BLACKOUT]

So yeah. If he isn't [BLACKOUT]The Valeyard[/BLACKOUT], I will be truly and utterly shocked. It would work better and make a hell of alot more sense that way. Plus, depending on how its executed, it could be said that the 8th [BLACKOUT]WILLINGLY became The Valeyard to end the Time War[/BLACKOUT], allowing 8th to retain his title as the Doctor who ended the Time War.

Last edited:
He's the [blackout] Time War Doctor [/blackout] and you know it.

If that's true than Moffat has almost ruined the show for no reason. There is NO REASON to retcon the Doctor's regeneration other than Moffat's own ego. If that's the Doctor they wanted then they should have just asked Mcgann back. Who has said countless times that he would love to appear in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"