Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there was some controversy a few years back when Big Finish released an audio titled "The Settling." The 7th Doctor accidentally took Ace and new companion Hex to the Irish town Drogheda just before it was besieged by Oliver Cromwell in 1649. It's not a pretty story. Their website even has a disclaimer on the episode.

I always thought it would be cool to do something with the Dr visiting King Arthur.. You could have the Dr be the one to suggest a round table ("round tables are cool") and do something with dragons wherein they could be some kind of alien marooned on earth, that the Dr saves, and that's why they appear as myths in stories 'cos they just vanished one day..

And I'm kinda surprised that they haven't really done anything (or correct me if they have) with Jack the Ripper... he seems like he would be up Gattiss's street.

I always thought it would be cool to do something with the Dr visiting King Arthur.. You could have the Dr be the one to suggest a round table ("round tables are cool") and do something with dragons wherein they could be some kind of alien marooned on earth, that the Dr saves, and that's why they appear as myths in stories 'cos they just vanished one day..

If they did that, Arthur would already know the Doctor. The 7th Doctor ran into Morgaine back in the 80's (although I think it was set in the 90's) in "Battlefield," and she recognized the 7th Doctor as Merlin.

If they did that, Arthur would already know the Doctor. The 7th Doctor ran into Morgaine back in the 80's (although I think it was set in the 90's) in "Battlefield," and she recognized the 7th Doctor as Merlin.

Ah right, cool. Did they mention which Doctor it was that was 'Merlin' in the episode? I guess the Doctor would recognise Arthur then but does that mean Arthur would recognise 11 as the Doctor/Merlin?

It was the 7th Doctor as Merlin, because Morgaine recognized him by face. Also, oddly enough, the 7th Doctor hadn't yet gone back and met any of them yet, so he had no idea what they were talking about.

Arthur wouldn't necessarily recognize the 11th Doctor as Merlin right away, but I have a feeling he'd figure it out after seeing that magic blue box of his.

Apparently there was some controversy a few years back when Big Finish released an audio titled "The Settling." The 7th Doctor accidentally took Ace and new companion Hex to the Irish town Drogheda just before it was besieged by Oliver Cromwell in 1649. It's not a pretty story. Their website even has a disclaimer on the episode.

That's just what I mean. Irish history after Henry II is controversial in its entirety. You could not depict the Cromwellian campaign in a way that wouldn't be seen as either a polemic by some or a sanitization by others.

Christmas or New Years regen still on the horizon?

@IanLevine:

"I just heard this rumour - Start date last week in Aug 2014 12 eps. New Doctor. BBC Worldwide email ACCIDENTALLY sent out today to employees"

"Do we think this is true or do we think this is a hoax. Why am I not reading anything online about this. Have they leaked again ?"

"...but the fact remains my rumour comes from a decent source and as such I have to assume true"
The season 7 finale, Anniversary special, Christmas and New Years would seem like a place to end the 11th doctor.

Didn't Smith recently say he was going to be filming episodes for Season 8?

Until there is a confirmation from BBC, I will take Smith's word over Ian Levine's.

I believe it was announced that Tennant would leave a full year early.

Until there is a confirmation from BBC, I will take Smith's word over Ian Levine's.

I believe it was announced that Tennant would leave a full year early.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Tennant announced his departure in November of 08 while doing Hamlet with Patrick Stewart.

I have begun my Third Doctor viewing session!

Autons all up in this ****.

I trust Smith's word, as well.

Also: on the preceding page - which episode is the exchange btw. Brigadier and 3 from?

There have been rumors about Smith leaving since 2010. I'll believe it when the BBC announces it, not anyone else.

I trust Smith's word, as well.

Also: on the preceding page - which episode is the exchange btw. Brigadier and 3 from?

Inferno

Didn't Smith recently say he was going to be filming episodes for Season 8?

Yes he did.

However, the important thing to take into consideration is that neither he nor Jenna, despite saying they would be in Series 8, said that they would be in there for its entirety.

It's still VERY possible we'll see the 11th regenerate before Series 8 has ended.

Jenna should carry over to the next Doctor, if Smith regens in the middle of Series 8.

I was only skim-reading that, and for a very brief moment I thought you were tellingus that Rose was coming back.

I almost punched the screen...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/how-long-is-the-50th-anniversary-special-50105.htm

According to Moffat, the Anniversary Special will "be as long as it needs to be.

"The script is quite long though. I’m looking at it now. Ooh, that’s quite long."

In theory a 45-minute episode of Doctor Who ought to be about 55 pages. But it’s a fast-paced show, you need something to cut, so let’s say 60 pages. And that, let me tell you, is wrong. The script for The Time of Angels was 70 pages long, and it came in short at 40 minutes, even with added material. The script for The Snowmen has almost the same page count as A Scandal in Belgravia (sorry to mention The Other One) but one is an hour and the other is 90 minutes. Thank God, the BBC is kind to us. Our notion of 45 minutes has veered between 39 minutes and 57 (I think, roughly this is from memory).

No wonder the 11th doctor speaks so quickly. He's trying to cram pages and pages of dialogue into 45 minutes!

If you need me, I'll be over here hyperventilating...

:eek::eek::eek::wow::wow:

post-11442-Sheldon-breathing-in-a-paper-b-17Kp.gif

OH MY GOD! If she's playing who I think she's playing........

Mistress Death

1511138-rescan006.jpg

I can't. I can't even right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"