Dragon Age 3

I'm disappointed to see that headgear is hidden during conversations. I'm so annoyed by choices like that. They didn't do it for Mass Effect.

I thought you could turn that on and off in the options. :huh:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition To Support Cross-Generation Save Transfers

News

• on Jul 06, 2015 at 07:37 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png
    pc-icon.png
    ps3-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png

If you started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS3 or 360, you can import your save to that console's successor soon.
    ... More
source: GI

What was the consensus on this game? Especially compared to its previous entries. Also as good as/better than Mordor?

Not better then Mordar but they are aiming for difffent things. it's good though. but it depends on what your looking for as well.

Yeah, completely different kind of game than Mordor. Shadow of Mordor is kind of like Assassin's Creed with Batman combat.

I personally didn't like Dragon Age 3.

Oh right. Thanks for the views. I was just thinking of which to get my fantasy game fix from next. How is it compared to DA:O? And why didn't you like it Soapy?

Take all this with a grain of salt, I didn't play very much of it, I only put in around ten hours before I gave up on it. Anyway, it just felt very unfocused to me. Bioware was very clearly trying to appeal to Elder Scrolls fans, but unlike Skyrim the world in DA3 just felt very bland, empty, and uninteresting.

The gameplay I thought wasn't very good. The combat felt just like DA2 to me, with zero tactical depth. I also found it severely lacking in kind of stuff I come to Bioware games for. Which is party interactions, conversation mechanics, choices, that kind of thing. Again, I didn't play a ton, but in the time I did play it, it barely any of the stuff.

Ok thanks, good to know anyway.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually liked DAI less than DA2.

So, for me, the series has gone downhill since DAO.

DAO immediately grabbed me. I liked how you could choose from multiple origins, and the origin portions established an immediate context and connection to the character. Even in DA2, there's a prologue section where you flee with your family, and that serves to connect you with your Hawke.

In DAI, you are immediately thrust into the story. You don't really get a sense of who your Inquisitor is or where he/she came from. you get bits and pieces in dialogue and maybe a few War Table missions. but from what I've heard, it's not much and doesn't have much effect on the story and you don't get to experience it like you did in DAO or DA2.

I also found the companions in DAO more interesting.

Combat, though slower and "clunkier", felt more visceral and satisfying in DAO, especially when you pulled off the random finishing move. In DA2 and DAI, it just feels like you are mindlessly wacking stuff until they explode.

DAI just felt more "limiting" compared to the prior games in terms of skill/spell selection and how you can build your character.

You can only pick one Spec out of a choice of 3 in DAI, and for the mages, 2 of those Specs are basically just reshuffles of spell trees from prior games. And for most of the Specs, the big focus attack seems out of place compared to the rest of the tree.

Like, Rift Mage sounds cool in concept. It sounds like the Force Mage spec in DA2. And some Force Mage spells are in there. But then they retool Stone Fist ( and Earth/Nature spell ) and Meteor Strike ( a Fire spell ) and throw them into Rift Mage. Why?

Knight Enchanter also sounds cool in concept. But again, role playing wise it's limiting, because you can only wield the spirit blade in your left hand, and it's only limited to one color - gold. What if you want to wield the blade in your right hand because that's your main hand? What if you want to wield a cool blue spirit blade or a purple blade? Can't do any of that.

Healing spells have essentially been gutted and deemphasized. Mages even lost the cool melee staff attacks they had in DA2. In DAI, you will still fire blasts from your staff even if your enemy is inches away from your face.

I could go on and on......but I think you get my point.......lol.

oh, and I even went online and read up on the ending. and hearing about how underwhelming the final boss fight is ( and how underwhelming the antagonist is in general ) as well as how your choices don't really matter much in the end, just further deflated my interest in the game.

now, with all that being said, after taking a long break from the game, I'm going to give it one more go. I'm also waiting to see what the upcoming DLC will be. Hopefully, there will be an Awakening like expansion that adds new specs and skills/spells. but somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
The Knight Enchanter spec is the worst thing you can do to yourself, you become this walking tank AoE spell spammer with no fun attached to the class. Stick with Necromancer or Rift Mage tbh.

The combat in this game is as boring as heck, the character animations are stiff and awkward, and the world just isn't that interesting to me.

I was looking into possible games I might want to get for the PS4 when I finally get one, and since I'm really into games that offer some kind of Character Creation, I looked into this series.

I decided to download the Timed Trials of ADO and DA2 on the PSN, but I'm just not feeling it. I've also tried Dragon's Dogma and Kingdom of Amalur since they all seem like similar games, but idk, I just can't get into them the same way I did with Skyrim, which was the first Elder Scrolls game I've ever played.

Dogma is awesome! Light on the story, but out of all the games you mentioned, it has the best combat by far. KoA has a lot of lore, but it all felt boring to the point of me not caring. I had wished the demo would have conveyed that better.

Is Dogma the game where you have to pay extra for the ending or am I thinking of something else?

You're thinking of something else.
tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo1_250.gif

berserkawprd.gif

It's a game where it's most unique feature is that you can hire other user created allies to fight with your character. Pawns they are called.

Last edited:
It also has fantastic gameplay unlike a lot of open world games.

Sounds like a fun feature. I'm very big on playing with allies, even if just AI allies.

The character creator is perhaps the deepest in any game. It does beyond just the surface cosmetics. How heavy, tall and even gender can effect gameplay.

Oh great. As it should be. I don't like it when significant physical differences turn out to only be cosmetic when it comes to gameplay.

Dragon Age: Inquisition : Bioware Teasing Potential DLC?

Posted Aug 04, 2015

The Dragon Age Facebook page has been updated with a new screen from Dragon Age: Inquisition and the text
"We're hearing reports of Increased seismic activity around Thedas...". It is possible that a new DLC is being teased that could be announced during tomorrow's EA press conference from Gamescom.
DAI.jpg
Permalink | 5 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#JSxWgxysd3SevmDu.99

source:MMORPG.com

hmmm...........hopefully it's more of a meaty expansion like Awakening.

but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"