Everyone's Cup of Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's them :up: I always wanted a younger sibling who wasnt as close in age to me as my younger brother is anyway.

i guess this means things are improving between you and them?

Yea, they have, and things weren't really bad, actual personal relations were mostly always good. But we're not reshaping our whole lives and schedules totally around them anymore, there's as much give as there is take on their side.

that sounds like a good thing :up:

My aunt and uncle did a similar thing with my two nieces. I still don't know anything about it, but my sister eventually left for Florida and her husband....yeah, I don't know/remember anything about him and it's probably better that way.

I also enjoy Batman & Robin, it's a cheesy movie, but overall a good popcorn flick. I'll probably be watching it tonight. :woot:
I like it too. It is a terrible Batman movie, short of paying some tribute to the Adam West years, but it's entertaining. Plus, the Alfred half of the story is fantastic, and honestly, Clooney makes a decent Bruce Wayne, just not a good Batman.
Honestly, I've always said I thought (I'm excluding Bale since he's usually the fan favorite) that Clooney was a good Bruce, Kilmer was a decent Batman but kind of an awkward Bruce, and Keaton was a really decent mix of the two with problems mostly coming from the director (Batman killing people.)

I like it too. It is a terrible Batman movie, short of paying some tribute to the Adam West years, but it's entertaining. Plus, the Alfred half of the story is fantastic, and honestly, Clooney makes a decent Bruce Wayne, just not a good Batman.
Honestly, I've always said I thought (I'm excluding Bale since he's usually the fan favorite) that Clooney was a good Bruce, Kilmer was a decent Batman but kind of an awkward Bruce, and Keaton was a really decent mix of the two with problems mostly coming from the director (Batman killing people.)
That's why I don' really like those films that much, no saying their bad, I do still own them, but I watch the other 5 films more often.

it's not his event :huh:

he merely took over hosting
That's what I meant

We say things that way in our home accent, ask questions like; "is your school pleasant?"
Not that it's owned by the child, or that one holds shares to it, we say it just like that, it influenced how I said Marx event :O

This video is part depressing, part fascinating, but damn if it's not one of the most interesting things I've ever watched.

[YT]47cMvL5Cb1I[/YT]

work was a nightmare today ugh

This video is part depressing, part fascinating, but damn if it's not one of the most interesting things I've ever watched.

[YT]47cMvL5Cb1I[/YT]
Yeah depressing that the guy feels he needs to do that. I wouldn't feel as bad if I got robbed by that guy though. It's about as good a robbery experience as you can have. :woot::csad:

I am on the brink of a melt down
I am on the edge of insanity
I am in the twilight of the night
I have had so little sleep tonight.

In other words, operating off of only 3 hrs of sleep since waking up at 8 am YESTERDAY morning -- I am officially brain dead and my movements resemble...

nicholas-hoult-is-a-romantic-zombie-in-warm-bodies.jpg

At least I'm a lyrical zombie.

i kinda wanna see that movie. or at least read the book

It's coming out on DVD and On Demand next week. I'd say both are worth a shot. They have some similarities, but they're also their own separate entities if that makes sense. It also has some really great writing and sociological commentary (especially the book) behind it.

more than likely i will see the movie before i get to reading the book. i'm so behind on books as it is. i'm slowly trudging through 2 books now as it is

I started The Drawing of the Three in the Dark Tower series a few weeks ago, I expect it to be really good :up:

I saw the trailers for Warm Bodies, interestng idea, but I just couldn't get excited about it

i dont like zombies, but its an unique variation on the romeo and juliet type of mythos i've been told

and hoult and palmer are fairly decent actors for their generation

i kinda wanna see that movie. or at least read the book

I saw the movie and I didn't care for it at all. lol
It's pretty much zombies for teen girls who probably never read Romeo & Juliet.

I don't care for Zombies either. I like Zombie comedies, but I don't care for serious zombie stories at all.

I should say I'm a dude and really liked the film a lot and I'm not one for chick flicks. Also a guy friend who saw the film, also isn't one for chick flicks, liked it a lot too - more for the comedic angles. The Romeo and Juliet angle was just one part of it. There's comedy and sociological commentary as in all great zombie films. Although there wasn't as much commentary in the film as there is in the book - it's still there. AND it got a 66% top critics and 80% rotten tomatoes review count - so it's far from 'Twilight.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"