Everyone's Cup of Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for Zombies either. I like Zombie comedies, but I don't care for serious zombie stories at all.

i really dont care for zombies in any way. i think the only zombie flick i've ever seen was zombieland

I only really like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. The whole Zombie Apocalypse plot of movies I never liked unless they were tongue in cheek.

It's the same reason I don't care for The Walking Dead.

I've never seen Walking Dead and iffy on World War Z still. But I enjoyed the 28 Days and Weeks later films as well as Rec 1 and 2. In terms of tone though, I would say it's a lot more like Shaun of the Dead.

World War Z to me, like After Earth, is movie with an A-list actor I like, but ultimately is a movie I don't care to see with a director I don't care for.

Ive never seen Walking Dead. doesn't interest me at all

not sure about World War Z. from what i understand the book is written documentary like and the movie is taking a different path

Does anyone here know about a group called The National Society of Collegiate Scholars? I got a letter saying I was nominated to become a member, but I don't know anything about it.

http://www.nscs.org/

quick consensus:

Seems to me that although it isn't a "scam", there doesn't seem to be any real benefit from joining. I don't know many recruiters who would even give it a second look on a resume and it would be no different if you said you had a 3.5 GPA then if you said that you were a member of this. They actually say there is no requirement to do anything, so really what would the point be.

Perhaps if your school has an active chapter there is something you can get out of it..but it doesn't seem like it.

Just look at their financials. as of 2011 they had only 1.3 million in assets and gave out 353,000. I'm not criticizing the percentages, just the numbers. This indicates to me that they don't have any real corporate backing if that's all they have.

Most colleges have honors programs you can get just as much out of.. probably more.

Really just look at it this way...if you have a GPA that is 3.5, a recruiter will know that easily...you don't need this organization to verify that so it is meaningless on a resume.

- some random person on college confidential, most seem to agree.

-----------

Actually think WORLD WAR Z might flop at the box office. While it has Brad Pitt in it, I think it's a film that would have been a success if it had a smaller budget. I just don't see the horror (what genre is the film?) crowd reaching the numbers it would need.

Last edited:
I like zombies, but not to the extreme that most people seem to be at.
On the matter of Warm Bodies, I saw the trailer, realized withing a second that it was essentially Twilight with Zombies, and went on with my life.

I like zombies, but not to the extreme that most people seem to be at.
On the matter of Warm Bodies, I saw the trailer, realized withing a second that it was essentially Twilight with Zombies, and went on with my life.

I've always hated that Twilight comparison for everything that comes out.

Warm Bodies is a perfect example of that. And I'm sure we all know a lot more.

The Twilight films got a cumulative RT rating of 27 - 49% tops for the whole series whereas Warm Bodies got 80% and beloved by critics.

It's almost like if GHOST came out today people would say, "that Swayze movie looks horrible! It's just like Twilight!"

And that is EXACTLY what would happen because despite what the critics say, if it's supernatural and has romance in it people say that it's Twilight these days even if it is a critical success. As a writer, it just rubs me the wrong way knowing people see films in such terms and not films on their own individual merits.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know about a group called The National Society of Collegiate Scholars? I got a letter saying I was nominated to become a member, but I don't know anything about it.

I got a letter like that a few years ago. I promptly ignored it.

I miss that Woody Allen avatar of yours Matt, this Black Swan thing is awful

I've always hated that Twilight comparison for everything that comes out.

Warm Bodies is a perfect example of that. And I'm sure we all know a lot more.

The Twilight films got a cumulative RT rating of 27 - 49% tops for the whole series whereas Warm Bodies got 80% and beloved by critics.

It's almost like if GHOST came out today people would say, "that Swayze movie looks horrible! It's just like Twilight!"

And that is EXACTLY what would happen because despite what the critics say, if it's supernatural and has romance in it people say that it's Twilight these days even if it is a critical success. As a writer, it just rubs me the wrong way knowing people see films in such terms and not films on their own individual merits.

The only time I make the Twilight comparison is when it takes something that should be frightening or ave some sense of fear and tension and dumbs it down to being harmless and romantic.

Speaking of Twilight comparisons; what does that thing have to do with the Amazing Spider-Man? I never saw a full movie or read a book of Twilight, but from what I saw it doesn't looks like something to compare to the Spider-Man reboot :huh:

Speaking of Twilight comparisons; what does that thing have to do with the Amazing Spider-Man? I never saw a full movie or read a book of Twilight, but from what I saw it doesn't looks like something to compare to the Spider-Man reboot :huh:

From reading all those posts about it during the hype from AMS it was basically tall hair and teen angst. It was pretty much just a lazy way to have a dig at the reboot. Couldn't be taken seriously.

People on SHH hunt down for things to dig at :o

From reading all those posts about it during the hype from AMS it was basically tall hair and teen angst. It was pretty much just a lazy way to have a dig at the reboot. Couldn't be taken seriously.
Those were funny times
Some people compared them together even after they saw the full movie after the release

Too bad I can't remember a single memorable thing from that movie...other than being annoyed by Andrew Garfield's portrayal.

Andrew Garfield deserved an Oscar nom for ASM. Get at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"