• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boseman needs to be a superhero, but idk if BP is the right role. I'll support him for it though. I think he fits John Stewart more. If he can pull off the accent though, i'm all for it.

I'd rather have Boseman be T'Challa than John Stewart. Stewart will never be the most famous GL; it will always be Hal Jordan. But T'Challa is the first African superhero, and he carries a greater significance in the history of comic book. If a BP movie is ever made, I hope Boseman will get the part.

i prefer Ejiofor as BP, it just seems so perfect.. But yeah if Boseman can do the accent, I'm all for it.

Ejiofor needs to be a Marvel or DC character ASAP

He's expressed interest, but has said that none of the higher ups have called him about it.

And while one can fancast David Oyelowo in the same role, I don't recall him expressing any interest.

And while were at it, let's get his 12 Years Co-Star Lupita in the MCU too! Of course, she's already in a mega huge franchise, so (depending upon the length of that role) she may not be available for Black Panther or the MCU.

I'd be okay with Boseman since by the time they likely put it into production in 2016 or 2017, he'd be 33 or 34, which is old enough for him to pull off T'Challa.

I keep seeing his name everywhere but I've never heard of him. Maybe it's because I'm not American.

kevin-hart-tare.gif
much appropros lol

Anyone know what time in the interview he talked about it?

Man I really hope he seals the deal with Marvel.

Boseman needs to be a superhero, but idk if BP is the right role. I'll support him for it though. I think he fits John Stewart more. If he can pull off the accent though, i'm all for it.

The dude played James Brown and Jackie Robinson, he can do the accent. My issue is how do you get an actor before a director? Doesn't the director decide these things in a new franchise?

The director has higher ups, especially for marvel. Who approve casting decisions. So they can pursue potential stars without a director.

I still think Marvel is going for a young T'Challa.

Boseman is the right choice. And he is an upcoming star. Like Chris Pratt.

Ejiofor is too old.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is only 37. That's just two years older than Chris Pratt.

As I have said before, he's younger than RDJ (49), Jeremy Renner (43), Mark Ruffalo (46), Don Cheadle (49), Paul Rudd (45) and Paul Bettany (43).

Ultimately, I'll be happy just to see the character on screen, no matter who is cast. But, I would prefer a seasoned Black Panther as opposed to a cub. Chiwetel Ejiofor, is beyond perfect to embody all that is T'Challa.

Kevin Hart is really funny to me. His 4 stand up specials are hilarious me and my friends quote them all the time. Think Like a Man and About Last Night were good movies too. He'll platau if he keeps playing the spaz though. Except for About Last Night all his movie roles he plays that.

But as I said funny guy.

On the topic of casting. Boseman would be good for an origin story. Ejiofor is a great actor and I really like him, but only for a BP who is already established and has been king for a while.
I think it will be better to start with a younger BP

The dude played James Brown and Jackie Robinson, he can do the accent. My issue is how do you get an actor before a director? Doesn't the director decide these things in a new franchise?

Not necessarily (particularly in a film that will have planned sequels), but I do think lack of a director means we should take casting news with a grain of salt.

Yes, they do, even at Marvel, though Marvel has to approve it. If they cast BP before they find a director for a film it suggests that BP will not debut in a solo film.

Apologies if it's been posted before but I noticed Kevin Feige is following John Boyega on twitter....

Tenuous link I know, but still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back