EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dude played James Brown and Jackie Robinson, he can do the accent. My issue is how do you get an actor before a director? Doesn't the director decide these things in a new franchise?
How the **** does this make any sense?

An American guy doing two roles with an American accent PROVES that he can do an African accent? That only proves that he can do American accents and that he is a good actor.

The accent is crucial. I would be pretty damn disappointed if BP ended up having an American accent just to make things easier on Boseman. He is a great actor, but if he can't do a completely convincing accent, that'll really take me out of the movie.

If Marvel casts him, i will have faith. Because i don't see them casting a guy that can't do the accent. so if he is announced tomorrow, I will be happy because of my faith in Marvel.

He looks the role though, and he's clearly a fantastic actor. But that's not enough if he can't do the accent.

Marvel wont be so lazy as to not make whomever gets cast have an accent. It is the most imp thing about him that will help the GA understand he's african.

Apologies if it's been posted before but I noticed Kevin Feige is following John Boyega on twitter....

Tenuous link I know, but still!

I'm sure marvel and possibly the guys at DC are well aware boyega has been putting it out there that he wants a role as he is a fan.

If boyega has time between star wars films I think one of the studies will probably hire him for a role.

I think boyega would make a good night thrasher if marvels do a new warriors film or TV show.

John Boyega seems really young for the role. Chiwetel fits well with the already existing Marvel cast. I don't really want BP to be significantly younger than everyone else...

How the **** does this make any sense?

An American guy doing two roles with an American accent PROVES that he can do an African accent? That only proves that he can do American accents and that he is a good actor.

In defense of the claim, there's no such thing as an "American accent" (singular). There are quite a number of American accents, some more difficult to pull of than other English accents around the world.

That being said, of the two roles, James Brown's got a pretty unique voice, but Jackie Robinson? I'm not sure the sample size is enough to say he would be fine.

John Boyega seems really young for the role. Chiwetel fits well with the already existing Marvel cast. I don't really want BP to be significantly younger than everyone else...

He wouldn't be significantly younger than everyone else. He'd be in the same age range as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and as said before, comparable with Hemsworth's age when he started.

I think part of the challenge is we want a new team member to show up and be as equal with the big 3, and that's not really possible, emotionally. Sure, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver can come in and whoop tail, and be valuable parts of the team and have something to say, but they can't be grandfathered in to being a core Avenger. No matter what age he is, he's going to be the new kid, both in the story and from the audience perspective.

The other part of the challenge is that Black Panther arrived on the scene fully developed, and his entire origin was done via flashback. His origin story doesn't make sense, thematically for a man in his thirties or forties, which is why he had to be young in 'Ultimate Avengers 2,' the only time its been adapted, iirc. Doing that as a film is... tricky. Further complicated by the constant presence of other superhero teams in his origin and first appearances.

I agree. I would prefer a T'Challa that is a peer of Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. Not a youngster who needs to prove himself to the more experienced heroes or be shown the ropes.

He can be a peer of Tony and Bruce, despite his age. I dont think his age matter when it comes to that. It comes down to how smart they write the character

It's a shame black panther didn't have it's own forum so we could run a poll for the top three favourites.

I get why they haven't given him his own forum here yet though

I'm very optimistic that a Black Panther movie is going to happen due to Marvel's expanded schedule.

Vibranium is about to become an even bigger macguffin than it already is, so BP will definitely be integrated soon.

I'm very optimistic that a Black Panther movie is going to happen due to Marvel's expanded schedule.

It's definitely happening in phase 3. I'd be shocked if it isn't announced next comic con.

Yup, next year's SDCC should be a good one, Dr. Strange and Black Panther plus Ant-Man will be on the cusp of release and who knows what else.

Yup, next year's SDCC should be a good one, Dr. Strange and Black Panther plus Ant-Man will be on the cusp of release and who knows what else.

Can't forget to mention cap 3 too. They'll likely be prepping for that.

Cap 3 or Dr. Strange would be in the middle of shooting at next year's Comic-Con, although Cap 3 may be finished by then (they shoot in April).

yeah if BP doesnt get announced Ill be very surprised.

I think a young Black Panther would be best. No offence, but does anyone really expect his first film not to be an origin story?

And if Boyega can fit it in his schedule, I think he'll be top of Marvel's casting call. Ejofor may be a better fit, but Boyega has a lot going for him from the studios pointof view.

I like the Batman Begins route where the actor is around 30 but can play as young enough to look college age but then look old enough to be a peer of and stand shoulder to shoulder with the big boys.

When you put your life on the line to protect others I don't think age matters.

My thing with John Boyega is that he still looks like he can be in high school. I know him and and I are around the same age, but he still looks too young to me for BP or at least the vision I have for BP. It'll depend how much he ages.

But as Paradox said. When you put your life on the line age doesnt really matter. I just think Chadwick Boseman and Aldis Hodge are the way to go for an origin story

Chadwick is my choice. Early 30s is the right age, and he's got more than enough talent for the role.

When you put your life on the line to protect others I don't think age matters.

Course not, I read a story of a six year old saving his family from a house fire. Good thing he knew dial 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"