The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Trank's tweet just before he closed his Twitter account. Looks like it was just doctored to say Kinberg instead. I originally read it as Trank's then saw the name change and the irony hit me.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Trank's original tweet- I was just asking if Fallen had created the photoshop or found it somewhere.

Posted this in the wrong forum by accident dont know how to delete on phone sorry

You know guys with Sony and their ******ed

Spiderman less Spiderman spin off cinematic ****show

"I really hope Disney gets the Spider-Man rights in full and not just the movies to

I want Disney to try and get the full rights to Spectacular and Insomniacs Spider-Man game and re release the first game on other platforms such as PC and Xbox and make sequels with Insomniac directly and remove Sony from the equation and make use it as a jumping point for a Marvel games universr"

It will be interesting to see, if Dark Phoenix is released in February and is a complete disaster, will Trank take any shots at Kinberg?:woot:

Posted this in the wrong forum by accident dont know how to delete on phone sorry

"I really hope Disney gets the Spider-Man rights in full and not just the movies to

I want Disney to try and get the full rights to Spectacular and Insomniacs Spider-Man game and re release the first game on other platforms such as PC and Xbox and make sequels with Insomniac directly and remove Sony from the equation and make use it as a jumping point for a Marvel games universr"

I don’t think you’re alone in wanting that, but the chances of it happening seem sort of bleak at the moment.

I think the general consensus is that the coma-inducingly dull part of the movie was directed by Trank, and the irredeemably awful part of the movie was directed by Kinberg.

For the life of me, I will never understand the common belief that the first half of 4stic was "good". In my opinion, it was all bad from start to finish. That "good" part included awful characterization, nonexistent relationships between the four heroes and stilted dialogue. The team was never established at the beginning of the movie and it didn't coalesce at the end. The second act battle was a vapid mess, but what else could it have been after the jumble of nonsense that preceded it?

Somebody stop him! Call Iger!

38834106_10217299257052373_8627365575582023680_n.jpg

Stop him from doing what? Making a fool of himself? Proving what a complete and total hack he is? That train left the station long ago.

For the life of me, I will never understand the common belief that the first half of 4stic was "good". In my opinion, it was all bad from start to finish. That "good" part included awful characterization, nonexistent relationships between the four heroes and stilted dialogue. The team was never established at the beginning of the movie and it didn't coalesce at the end. The second act battle was a vapid mess, but what else could it have been after the jumble of nonsense that preceded it?

Stop him from doing what? Making a fool of himself? Proving what a complete and total hack he is? That train left the station long ago.

I studied that picture for several minutes, and I couldn't find anything- other than Kinberg being Kinberg- that was particularly infuriating. I feel like we're missing something....

The first part is the better received part of that movie simply because it’s comparatively less problematic than the utter trainwreck it turns into later on. The first half is still very flawed but I do like the body horror sequence a lot(it’s actually one of the more commonly praised aspects of the film from critics even if they generally panned the film).

I mean, maybe "good" is a strong word but, for me at least, the characters had me interested. Teller, Jordan and Kebbell's comradery specifically had me interested to see where the rest of the movie would take it. I thought was a solid first act but then movie completely falls apart once they get their powers.

BO expectation for Venom right now is

40MM OW, 85MM LTD. IF you are hoping for Disney/Marvel to get the full rights back you want BO to be correct or even optimistic.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

I think they are being overly conservative though. Venom has the #3 most viewed trailer of all time pre release and SH movies usually have an OW that's 1-1 or greater with views.

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/highesttrailerviews.html

Disney has the full rights except for live action movies and animated movies (both with a runtime over 48 minutes IIRC). Live action tv is a question mark for me, but I believe Disney has that.

The first game probably will never get on a non Sony platform, but a sequel can if Marvel and Disney want and there's nothing Sony can do about it.

Last edited:
What exactly is happening in that picture? Is it from his Instagram stories (I don’t follow the guy)?

It will be interesting to see, if Dark Phoenix is released in February and is a complete disaster, will Trank take any shots at Kinberg?:woot:

He should get in line :oldrazz:

I just don’t think Venom is gonna be a blockbuster. It’ll be another high budget bomb.

The movie that I think is gonna be the real sleeper hit is the Spidey cartoon movie with Miles. People and their kids are definitely gonna show out for that one.

What exactly is happening in that picture? Is it from his Instagram stories (I don’t follow the guy)?

He posted it yesterday on Instagram, on the Dark Phoenix set doing reshoots. Probably adding two more extra lines for “Storm” to say besides the original four from the first script.

Trank's behaviour last time round was not very professional at all and rather unbecoming of a director in the way he interacted with fans on the internet or took pot shots at others in the crew.

I would hope that he still hasn't learnt from his mistakes to do just that. :o

Trank's behaviour last time round was not very professional at all and rather unbecoming of a director in the way he interacted with fans on the internet or took pot shots at others in the crew.

I would hope that he still hasn't learnt from his mistakes to do just that. :o

I would hope. But some people are just jerks.

I would hope. But some people are just jerks.

Well whether Trank hasn't learnt from his mistakes or whether he is a jerk, the end result is still the same for us. That he'd troll Simon Kinberg and take some shots at him like he is prone to doing. :oldrazz:

I just don’t think Venom is gonna be a blockbuster. It’ll be another high budget bomb.

The movie that I think is gonna be the real sleeper hit is the Spidey cartoon movie with Miles. People and their kids are definitely gonna show out for that one.

There's only one problem with that one...

12/14 - Spiderman
12/19 - Mary Poppins
12/21 - Alita, Aquaman, Bumblebee

Yeah, no room for sleeper hits amongst that lot lol.

There's only one problem with that one...

12/14 - Spiderman
12/19 - Mary Poppins
12/21 - Alita, Aquaman, Bumblebee

You never know, but my Spidey senses are going off about that movie. I’m not a Transformers fan, but I know enough that Bumblebee is popular so that could give it competition, Aquaman I’m on the fence about, and Battle Angel is a toss up (when is Hollywood going to learn we can’t do live action anime/manga?).

December is gonna be interesting.

I studied that picture for several minutes, and I couldn't find anything- other than Kinberg being Kinberg- that was particularly infuriating. I feel like we're missing something....

I still don’t know what’s happening on that pic tbh. We’ve established it’s from his Instagram Stories (since it doesn’t show up on his feed). But is Kinberg one of the three men? Doesn’t look it.

Sony's cinematic universe is officially titled Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters (SUMC).

vbwck1a.gif

During the investor call earlier this week iger specifically mentioned F4 as a franchise Disney wants to capitalize on. Iger has said in the past that he actually reads up on any new franchise Feige suggests.

He must be aware of the F4 legacy and its potential with great villains. Hes also said the marvel meetings are the ones he really looks forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"