The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]544011[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]543911[/split]

3. WeaponXCII

WeaponXCII Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Trank's original tweet- I was just asking if Fallen had created the photoshop or found it somewhere.

4. rockman1216

rockman1216 Well-Known Member

Posted this in the wrong forum by accident dont know how to delete on phone sorry

You know guys with Sony and their ******ed

Spiderman less Spiderman spin off cinematic ****show

"I really hope Disney gets the Spider-Man rights in full and not just the movies to

I want Disney to try and get the full rights to Spectacular and Insomniacs Spider-Man game and re release the first game on other platforms such as PC and Xbox and make sequels with Insomniac directly and remove Sony from the equation and make use it as a jumping point for a Marvel games universr"

5. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

It will be interesting to see, if Dark Phoenix is released in February and is a complete disaster, will Trank take any shots at Kinberg?:woot:

6. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I don’t think you’re alone in wanting that, but the chances of it happening seem sort of bleak at the moment.

7. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

For the life of me, I will never understand the common belief that the first half of 4stic was "good". In my opinion, it was all bad from start to finish. That "good" part included awful characterization, nonexistent relationships between the four heroes and stilted dialogue. The team was never established at the beginning of the movie and it didn't coalesce at the end. The second act battle was a vapid mess, but what else could it have been after the jumble of nonsense that preceded it?

Stop him from doing what? Making a fool of himself? Proving what a complete and total hack he is? That train left the station long ago.

8. WeaponXCII

WeaponXCII Well-Known Member

I studied that picture for several minutes, and I couldn't find anything- other than Kinberg being Kinberg- that was particularly infuriating. I feel like we're missing something....

9. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

The first part is the better received part of that movie simply because it’s comparatively less problematic than the utter trainwreck it turns into later on. The first half is still very flawed but I do like the body horror sequence a lot(it’s actually one of the more commonly praised aspects of the film from critics even if they generally panned the film).

10. kguillou

kguillou Well-Known Member

I mean, maybe "good" is a strong word but, for me at least, the characters had me interested. Teller, Jordan and Kebbell's comradery specifically had me interested to see where the rest of the movie would take it. I thought was a solid first act but then movie completely falls apart once they get their powers.

11. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Well-Known Member

BO expectation for Venom right now is

40MM OW, 85MM LTD. IF you are hoping for Disney/Marvel to get the full rights back you want BO to be correct or even optimistic.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

I think they are being overly conservative though. Venom has the #3 most viewed trailer of all time pre release and SH movies usually have an OW that's 1-1 or greater with views.

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/highesttrailerviews.html

Disney has the full rights except for live action movies and animated movies (both with a runtime over 48 minutes IIRC). Live action tv is a question mark for me, but I believe Disney has that.

The first game probably will never get on a non Sony platform, but a sequel can if Marvel and Disney want and there's nothing Sony can do about it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  12. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

What exactly is happening in that picture? Is it from his Instagram stories (I don’t follow the guy)?

He should get in line :oldrazz:

13. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

I just don’t think Venom is gonna be a blockbuster. It’ll be another high budget bomb.

The movie that I think is gonna be the real sleeper hit is the Spidey cartoon movie with Miles. People and their kids are definitely gonna show out for that one.

14. Shinobi Shaw

He posted it yesterday on Instagram, on the Dark Phoenix set doing reshoots. Probably adding two more extra lines for “Storm” to say besides the original four from the first script.

15. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Trank's behaviour last time round was not very professional at all and rather unbecoming of a director in the way he interacted with fans on the internet or took pot shots at others in the crew.

I would hope that he still hasn't learnt from his mistakes to do just that. :o

16. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

I would hope. But some people are just jerks.

17. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well whether Trank hasn't learnt from his mistakes or whether he is a jerk, the end result is still the same for us. That he'd troll Simon Kinberg and take some shots at him like he is prone to doing. :oldrazz:

18. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Well-Known Member

There's only one problem with that one...

12/14 - Spiderman
    12/19 - Mary Poppins
    12/21 - Alita, Aquaman, Bumblebee

19. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, no room for sleeper hits amongst that lot lol.

20. Shinobi Shaw

You never know, but my Spidey senses are going off about that movie. I’m not a Transformers fan, but I know enough that Bumblebee is popular so that could give it competition, Aquaman I’m on the fence about, and Battle Angel is a toss up (when is Hollywood going to learn we can’t do live action anime/manga?).

December is gonna be interesting.

21. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I still don’t know what’s happening on that pic tbh. We’ve established it’s from his Instagram Stories (since it doesn’t show up on his feed). But is Kinberg one of the three men? Doesn’t look it.

22. Fallen

Fallen Then I'll take it off your corpse!

Sony's cinematic universe is officially titled Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters (SUMC).

[​IMG]

23. Fallen

Fallen Then I'll take it off your corpse!

24. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

https://www.slashfilm.com/disney-fox-merger-family-friendly-projects/

Interesting new article and info. I wonder what the downsizing of R-rated films means for Deadpool? And we all knew Disney wasn't going to continue to let 20th Century Fox operate autonomously, especially with them holding so many properties of use to the wider portfolio of Disney (Marvel, WE, Avatar)

25. Darkprime

Darkprime Well-Known Member

During the investor call earlier this week iger specifically mentioned F4 as a franchise Disney wants to capitalize on. Iger has said in the past that he actually reads up on any new franchise Feige suggests.

He must be aware of the F4 legacy and its potential with great villains. Hes also said the marvel meetings are the ones he really looks forward to.